Lord Kaldor Draigo vs Khârn The Betrayer (Lore-wise)

Waking Dreamer

Always wondered, in the lore they almost crossed paths in the Pandorax Campaign, and their martial skill seems to be unrivalled amongst their peers. So, how would it go down if one of the mightiest Champions of Khorne targeted the Supreme Grand Master of the Grey Knights as his next skull offering?  

Say the battle was to take place in real space aboard the abandoned lower levels of the Imperial capital ship, The Revenge as was featured in the Pandorax novel. No interference / Tzeentch shenanigans this time however, and they fight down to the last Space Marine standing!

Ha no tzeentch shenanigans, or slaanesh backstabbing, yeah right! That is the downfall of chaos they will always turn on themselves near victory. I think Khârn would have eternal warrior. Such a joke that any joe LSM turd can put on a shield eternal and get eternal warrior and the god champions of the past 10 thousand years who refuse to die don't have it. If the force weapon can't ID him then I think Khârn would win. Khârn is swinging at str 7 on the charge with ap2, swinging simultaneous to Draigo. Draigo's Titansword makes him as strong as Khârn in that combat but Khârn can reroll all to hit rolls unlike draigo's mastercraft. Draigo's invuln save is better though, and while Khârn will be able to easily deny all psychic used against him, Draigo can hammerhand himself and such, but Khârn is 1 more weapon skill so gets to hit on 3's.

I think it might be a draw. I am certain GW would write it that way too. They would probably be dueling in the warp forever lol.

Lore-wise I would wanna say Draigo (biased preference of course), but it would definitely be a match to read about! I know Khârn has done some absurd things, but so has Draigo... I would like to believe it would end in a draw as well, if not a small margin of victory for Draigo. I don't think either one would would relent an inch to the other.

It would be a close one. Especially given Khârn has taken out titans ... but then Draigo trolls the warp...

Id say Dragio because he has defensive capabilities as well as being a beatstick. It would be a long drawn out combat though.

Because of the nails, does Khârn have any sentience in CC? I could see Draigo outplaying him with tactics vs a bloodthirsty berserker.

Even with the Butcher's Nails in his skull his close combat skills would be top-notch. With all his experience and killer instincts, he would naturally be striking at his opponents openings or recognising and avoiding feints, with the mindset of killing you as quickly as possible so to offer your skull to the blood god and move on.

Supreme Grand Master Azrael fought Khârn head-to-head, and while the Chapter Master of the Dark Angels did plan to outplay Khârn, by cutting him here and there - till he became sloppy with rage, the opposite happened. Khârn actually became hyper focused and even more efficient with his counter-attacks to the point of severely injuring Azrael, where he realised he would surely die in the next clash, if he didn't retreat immediately to try and regroup with his Deathwing Terminators. 

Edited by Waking Dreamer

• 2 weeks later...

If we're going to stick with pure fluff and not game mechanics, I think Khârn has thicker plot armor. He is also murder walking. I think Khârn would beat Draigo, based solely on the fluff.

On the tabletop, Draigo can get his Strength up to a 9 via Hammerhand, so it only takes one unsaved Wound to kill Khârn, and Khârn only has a 5++. Draigo has a 3++ with potentially a 2++ so he will likely survive Khârn's onslaught. On the other hand, Khârn has more attacks, especially if he charges, and hits on 2s, whereas Draigo needs 4s to hit Khârn, so Draigo is absolutely relying on his superior Invulnerable save.

If we're going to stick with pure fluff and not game mechanics, I think Khârn has thicker plot armor. He is also murder walking. I think Khârn would beat Draigo, based solely on the fluff.

What type of beating is it though? A stomp? A sludge match? A narrow victory etc?

If we go by the fluff, no one can touch Draigo.

I mean, who else can live in the Warp, and kill the best of the best all 4 Gods can bring to bear.

Plus I bet Khârn can't reforge a Nemesis Force Weapon *with his bare hands*.

That's some next level skillz right there.

Murder studs be damned.

Edit: B&C auto corrected Khârn for me. lol.  Nice touch. ;)

Edited by Gentlemanloser

Fluff wise, if they do meet, they'll do some cheesy "neither could best the other!" malarkey. Or their attentions were brought to something else more pressing, orrrrr just as one was about to kill the other, draigo gets sucked back into the warp lol.

But honestly, I'd say Khârn. Yeah draigo is a serious tank, and great at fighting daemons, and Daemon primarchs. But Khârn is no daemon. So most of draigos anti warp shenanigans and powers simply won't work.

Plus I'd say it's more impressive to beat up a literal titan, than a son of titan. So I'd say it has to be Khârn.

And then on the table top, still Khârn. Due to that stupidly worded rule he has where he can't be insta killed by a force weapon.. Period. So regardless if force is active or not draigo's strength 9 with hammerhand means diddly squat :-/

And then his millions of hitting on 2s wounding on 2s, ap2 attacks.

Edited by Captain Coolpants

He wasn't cheating.  Khârn's rules specifically say he always hits on a 2+.  Technically, he always hits no matter what as long as he is in a squad, because even if he rolls a "1" then he simply hits one of his own squad mates.  He does have Hatred Incarnate as a Warlord Trait, so if he is the Warlord he is not in much danger of rolling any 1s and killing his own dudes.  It's pretty hilarious when it happens, though.  

And what about invisible Khârn vs invisible draigo? Both CSM and Imperials get the invisibility power stupid easy.

Khan hits on 2+ regardless of invisiblity I think, well I had one CSM player tell me that... maybe he was cheating?

I know ^ ^ I was being rhetorical. Khârn always wins.

"Kaldor Draigo - Because GW wouldn't let Ward bring Guilliman back to life"

:laugh.:

But he is back to life. And I swear I read somewhere that Ward was returning back to GW? Maybe it was a lie, dunno.

Not is, did. about 3 months ago now...

• 5 months later...

We have a lot of new posters here, so I'd like to know their opinions of a theoretical Draigo vs Khârn confrontation.

Also since we have the new edition here with both GK and chaos codex out...can someone mathhammer the result of these two challenging each other on the 8e tabletop!