Welcome to The Bolter and Chainsword
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Raptors with DW Team 1850pts

Raptors Deathwatch

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

Zahaladune

Zahaladune

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 10 posts
  • Chapter Name: ...Alpha Legion...

Hey there folks.  I'm thinking about getting back to my old Marines again, and have come up with a Raptors list that I hope is also competitive.

---Primary CAD---

--HQ--

Lias Issodon -175

--Troops--

Scouts x5: Heavy Bolter (Hellfire), Land Speeder Storm (Assault Cannon) -123

---Black Spear Strike Force---

--HQ--

Librarian: ML 2, Combi -105

--Troops--

Veterans x5: Frag Cannon x2, Shotgun x2, Stormshield -190

Veterans x5: Frag Cannon x2, Shotgun x2, Stormshield -190

Vanguard Vets x5: Lightning Claw x6, Stormshield x2 -175

Vanguard Vets x5: Lightning Claw x6, Stormshield x2 -175

--Fast Attack--

Corvus Blackstar -180

Total: 1682

The idea behind the list is to have Lias infiltrate with the two DW Vet squads -through his warlord triat- into place to suppress vehicles and squads, while the Scouts in Speeders infiltrate into position to capture objectives and hold position.  The SM detachment gives me 8 ObSec units if/when the scouts disembark into position.  The Blackstar comes in to drop off the units of assault vets into combat, and then helps support other units.  The speeders also give me a great no-deepstrike bubble which will help keep deepstrike lists from dropping in on objectives and such.

I'm trying to get this to an 1850pt competitive list for potential tournaments, so any and all C&C to that end is welcome!

HS.gif Simsalabim Bamba Saladu Saladim HS.gif

Alpha Legion Logo

teufelhundenrogers

teufelhundenrogers

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 14 posts

Don't forget the infernum halo launcher for re-rollable jink saves

also maybe change your DW into kill teams so you can focus specific units with the frag cannons, or add a stalker aquila team in the back line to fire 2+ poison rounds at the enemy with re rollable 1s

infernume halo launcher -5

aquila KT

5 vets x3 stalkers x2 boltgun =125

Van Vet w/ lightning claw and power weapon -35

would bring your list to 1847

Edited by teufelhundenrogers, 24 March 2017 - 02:29 AM.

Zahaladune

Zahaladune

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 10 posts
  • Chapter Name: ...Alpha Legion...

Thanks for the input!  This list has been up for quite some time, and plenty of views with no response.  Silly me I put this in the over all space marine section, when it really should have gone in the DW army list area since most people see any inclusion of DW as a DW army.

I've got a different list now, but I totally agree with the different kill teams, and am currently taking them from the Imperial Agents books to save on the HQ cost.

• teufelhundenrogers likes this

HS.gif Simsalabim Bamba Saladu Saladim HS.gif

Alpha Legion Logo

teufelhundenrogers

teufelhundenrogers

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 14 posts

Thanks for the input!  This list has been up for quite some time, and plenty of views with no response.  Silly me I put this in the over all space marine section, when it really should have gone in the DW army list area since most people see any inclusion of DW as a DW army.

I've got a different list now, but I totally agree with the different kill teams, and am currently taking them from the Imperial Agents books to save on the HQ cost.

What was your new list?

jpwyrm

jpwyrm

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 467 posts
Don't forget that you can't take Vanguard Veteran Squads in a BSSF. Only Vet teams and Kill Teams/formations are listed. If you want to keep them, just take a CAD and keep it as is, you won't loose much except maybe another Mission Tactics Switch.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Raptors, Deathwatch

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users