Armageddon Shadow War, Amazing Terrain coming!

Why are there fans on the barricades?

What purpose does the incredibly limited pulley system serve?

Will my love for LOS blocking terrain prevent me from buying this?

OR WILL SPIDER-SKULL, GREATEST CREATION OF 40K, SLAYER OF WALLETS, OVERCOME ALL!

So many questions.

I have Marine and Ork armies and that terrain does look very nice... No, must be kind to wallet. :p

The game sounds fun. Particularly considering the Skitarii Rangers being listed as an option. Shame I don't have any Plasma Caliver Rangers, but the Transuranic Arqubus would be entertaining from those raised catwalks. :D

With sight of the new Overlords/stunties in AoS too - I've gotten quite fixated on augmenting my 'hive world expeditionary force' (e.g. non-FW aligned Cult Mechanicus congregation local to that hive) rooting about for Archeotech down in the underhives...

As such, the various cultists (Chaos/Genestealer), perhaps Gors, almost certainly the new Duardin can all represent very 'lay' machine cultists associated with the ordained machine cult leaders & sanctioned tech-guard.

Rival shift work gangs! Perfect for splitting out into this sort of game! I'm ecstatic, and the terrain looks ace.

I'm gonna let this one pass because the terrain definitely fits the bill for AdMech, but let's not start talking about AoS here, eh?  We gotta draw the line somewhere, brothers!  :D

I cannot wait for this game. even without the gangs I have been dying for some necromunda. FINALLY the other idiots at my gw won't say "Who cares about necromunda it's only humanz in that game so dumb durrrrr" when I ask if anyone is interested in a campaign.

and now we can finally stop playing an asinine killteam campaign that everyone is addicted too GAHHHH.

I needed to get that out of my system.

Posted · Hidden by Vel'Cona, March 15, 2017 - Off topic, took to messages.
Hidden by Vel'Cona, March 15, 2017 - Off topic, took to messages.

May I ask why you dislike Kill Team so much?

Posted · Hidden by Vel'Cona, March 15, 2017 - Off topic, took to messages.
Hidden by Vel'Cona, March 15, 2017 - Off topic, took to messages.

May I ask why you dislike Kill Team so much?

because a guy homebrewed a kill team campaign with mordeheim like level ups.  you had to buy an HQ who could also be upgraded for a 250pt small kill team.

fast forward to a few sessions later and suddenly my base squad of skitarii vanguard is facing off with a T8 Plague marine lord on a bike with a 2+ 5++, 4+ fnp and can attack twice cause of the perk system. when I complained about it to the maker he called me a b^tch for not enjoying the utterly one sided fight.

So now every time I hear kill team I get pissed off cause of that one guy who cheesed the homebrew game despite it being a home made game, and it pretty much made me wanna not play kill team all together. 

add that and every time a kill team campaign is started EVERYONE only wants to play kill team when I just wanna play a 2,000 point game. it's not bad by itself, but most of the people there seem to find the cheesiest combinations to play.

OR WILL SPIDER-SKULL, GREATEST CREATION OF 40K, SLAYER OF WALLETS, OVERCOME ALL!

So many questions.

++ Query received, Cogitator engaged.++

+First Item: Walkway fans. Hives require constant air circulation for maintenance of biological components and a constant cooling of mechanical components. It is inefficient to have atmos rescrubbers and can-airy far from power nodes and in large areas dead-air pockets of CO2 and other gasses may occur, likewise heat dissipated from heat sinks must be moved to spread the heatload. Thus periodic low-energy fans at key locations keep an efficient circulation of atmosphere gases and heatwash. Further, in combat situations defending blessed machinery from enemies it more swiftly dissipates low-yield chemical weapons dosage and may be deactivated to reduce the spread of high-yield weapons+

+Second Item: Minor pulleys. These are placed to enable the raising up of small to medium machines too heavy to be efficiently held aloft for long periods by servo-arms for construction/repair/maintenance. This includes raising a Dragoon from the ground to enable servitor replacement or to repair the locomotary members of an Onager through to all manner of non-combat mechanicsms+

+Third Item: Cover/Cost analysis. Negative. This STC includes large armored objects that will block enemy LOS. It's efficiency will suit the needs of all the Omnissiah's servants+

+Fourth Item: Kill-efficiency of Spider-skull. Affirmative. The Omnissiah's glorious blade-limbed Spider-Skull is most efficient. It will overcome all obstacles, particularly it's autodissectgnosticon functio+

+Today's Meditation: A Titanic constructs assembly still begins with the first weld or rivet (as specific pattern STC dictates)+

I demand that someone convert the Spider-Skull into a Techpriest, mini-Dunecrawler or some other glorious mechanized creation when this release hits.  For the glory of the Omnissiah!  :D

I demand that someone convert the Spider-Skull into a Techpriest, mini-Dunecrawler or some other glorious mechanized creation when this release hits. For the glory of the Omnissiah! :D

When I get a second spider-skull I'm thinking of perhaps suspending it from a metal balloon contraption, a cross between the mechanicus parade balloons from the lord inquisitor video only more dissect-y and a giant servo-skull.

I demand that someone convert the Spider-Skull into a Techpriest, mini-Dunecrawler or some other glorious mechanized creation when this release hits. For the glory of the Omnissiah! biggrin.png

When I get a second spider-skull I'm thinking of perhaps suspending it from a metal balloon contraption, a cross between the mechanicus parade balloons from the lord inquisitor video only more dissect-y and a giant servo-skull.

You've just reminded me of all the gribbly mechanical creatures from the various Matrix films. Maybe it collects people up to make them into servitors? :p

Measurements of the skull would be nice, to further plan what it could be good for. Compared to the scout, it might be somewhere around 50-60mm diameter. Which would enable it to be an abeyant for a techpriest (like in 30k), kataphron, or maybe onager turret.

Have to get my hands on one, and I hope the scouts are leftover whenever people around here buy the set. I can always use scouts for my Raptors...

So many questions.

++ Query received, Cogitator engaged.++

+First Item: Walkway fans. Hives require constant air circulation for maintenance of biological components and a constant cooling of mechanical components. It is inefficient to have atmos rescrubbers and can-airy far from power nodes and in large areas dead-air pockets of CO2 and other gasses may occur, likewise heat dissipated from heat sinks must be moved to spread the heatload. Thus periodic low-energy fans at key locations keep an efficient circulation of atmosphere gases and heatwash. Further, in combat situations defending blessed machinery from enemies it more swiftly dissipates low-yield chemical weapons dosage and may be deactivated to reduce the spread of high-yield weapons+

+Second Item: Minor pulleys. These are placed to enable the raising up of small to medium machines too heavy to be efficiently held aloft for long periods by servo-arms for construction/repair/maintenance. This includes raising a Dragoon from the ground to enable servitor replacement or to repair the locomotary members of an Onager through to all manner of non-combat mechanicsms+

+Third Item: Cover/Cost analysis. Negative. This STC includes large armored objects that will block enemy LOS. It's efficiency will suit the needs of all the Omnissiah's servants+

+Fourth Item: Kill-efficiency of Spider-skull. Affirmative. The Omnissiah's glorious blade-limbed Spider-Skull is most efficient. It will overcome all obstacles, particularly it's autodissectgnosticon functio+

+Today's Meditation: A Titanic constructs assembly still begins with the first weld or rivet (as specific pattern STC dictates)+

++Response received; Automated reply formulating++

+First Iteam: MagicHats biological Frater in the Engineering department agrees with the assessment of Magos Battybattybats. Most likely use, circulating of air to prevent suffocating of inferior flesh lungs.+

+Second Iteam:  Pulley system still found limited, inefficient and oddly placed. Suggested Ironstrider treatment not in line with Codex Skitarii  [TECH-HERESY REPORTED].+

+Third Iteam: Ordo Reductor still suggests that STC [Firestorm Redoubt] will continue providing the best concealment in future conflicts of interest.+

+Fourth Iteam: Glory to the Miracles of the Omnissiah!+

++Meditation of the day: Our enemies may rest, but rust never sleeps.++

I'm really liking the terrain in the kit, I'm just a little disappointed that none of the models are new. If Necromunda is really coming back as this new Armageddon Shadow War then I'm really, really hoping for some plastic Arbites, come on GW, plastic arbites!

I agree plastic arbites would be great. I quite like my gamesday enforcer so I'd be happy with Forgeworld arbites.

I think it'd be a great opportunity for forgeworld to give us two person mining teams and servo armed miners using the heavy tools from the gsc acolytes that need three hands to use. Being imperial gear after all.

Having such workers in a mechanicus explorator team would be great, some of the necromunda houses would use such gear so adding them to some of the gangs would be cool.

And wouldn't this be a perfect opportunity for plastic servitors to go with the enginseer.

I'd really like to see the a servitor box set. If they could be issued out to Enginseers or Techmarines that would be great.

Agreed, the Servitors need an update badly.

Archived