Armageddon Shadow War, Amazing Terrain coming!

I hope that they just release the rules along side it too, as I can't really think I can spend 120$ on terrain I wont use.

If this runs anything like the Warhammer Quest Silver Tower then the box isn't just terrain but a boxed board game, to run the scenarios from that box you'd need to use the provided Terrain. However the core rules and system will almost certainly be continued in additional boxed games.

Oooo... I've got an interesting idea for that spider-skull... but I'm keeping it to myself, for now. Glad to see they're going to release the terrain kits separately along with Shadow War: Armageddon. I'm very interested in the boxed game, but unless the savings are substantial, I'm only interested in one copy; the terrain however, I'm sure I'll want much more of it, considering my current Forge World table plans.

Excellent timing GW. I'm seriously considering unique terrain kits as something to produce, and these should provide an excellent starting point that I can build off of and supplement in various ways. I can't wait to get my hands on some of these kits. *insert maniacal laugh here*

Oooo... I've got an interesting idea for that spider-skull... but I'm keeping it to myself, for now.

Really? Cause I'm thinking 30k Abeyant for a Tech-Priest, what were you thinking?

WD leaks certainly made me more positive about the possibilities. I have the Haemotropes, pipes, Void shield and munitorum containers. Some of those sets and another container set would probably make a really cool shadow war set up.

• 4 weeks later...

I am starting to regret all the resin and plastic Sector Imperialis basing kits I bought. I don't like the Imperialis Large bases kit though, hopefully this will be more inspiring.

EDIT:

Just saw that we only get one base kit :/

Ah well, hopefully still worth picking up.

It's always really tricky to win the plushie Guilleman from those machines, they always let go just before victory. sad.png

I can see myself getting some of those. Both my inner Magos and Mekboy are looking forward to this. I was planning on building a Mek workshop at some point and wanted a crane for it. It would also look great for a Mechanicus archaeotech dig site or a Genestealer Cult-owned dockyard.

If they don't fit nicely with the munitorum crates they released then they will seem really silly.

Thanks for the update :)

The containers have 4 hooks yes, but the ammo crates should be small enough to be lifted... But straps would still be preferable.

I'll take up the challenge and put my spider-skull on the crane, if my budget allows buying the set.

Those are some good ideas. They look a little flimsy for industrial equipment (particularly the tracks) but as you say, a large servitor gun would be a great conversion, like a micro Ordinatus platform? The big question is what kind of gun is big enough to warrant a tractor unit like that?

I can see some Goliath trucks fitting right in with those small cranes.

Initial stock of the Servohaulers already sold out! Looks like lots of us will be getting these and lots will be hitting the 'email me' button for the restock!

High demand is a good thing . . . it means GW will almost definitely make more and that they'll be encouraged to push out new terrain kits more frequently!  :)

Archived