Maschinen Krieger - Skitarii/Cult Mech

Sure - I use primarily GW paints, but have some extra Privateer ones (P3) too

Black Primer

Green

Castellan Green

1/2 Castellan Green, 1/2 Death World Forest

Death World Forest

2/3 Death World Forest, 1/3 Menoth White Highlight (P3 paint)

Brown

Steel Legion Drab

Agrax Earthshade

Steel Legion Drab again

1/2 Steel Legion Drab, 1/2 Zandri Dust

Zandri Dust

2/3 Zandri Dust, 1/3 Menoth White Highligh

White Stripe

White Primer

Very Thin Karak Stone wash

Blue

Caledon Sky

Lothern Blue

2/3 Lothern Blue, 1/3 Morrow White (P3 paint)

Metals

Ironbreaker

Nuln Oil

Runelord Brass

Agrax Earthshade

Once I can figure out how to make some quality video, maybe I'll throw up a tutorial on YouTube.  I'm a pretty messy painter, smoothing colors out with my finger if they go on too thick and I only thin my paints with a drop or two of water.

Huh, I thought I was the only one that used P3 black and white paints almost exclusively.  I think it's something about the finer pigment that really gives them a better "coating" effect and smoother finish than GW's versions.

I'll have to look into those at some point. My white paint inevitably becomes a blobby, grainy mess after a while. I lost two pots of White Scar to that.

I really like the colour of the robes you've picked. What paint is it? Can you fill the gap in Cawl's hood? It's the only thing that might let the model down. It's a shame when it appears midway through painting.

Over all it's looking great so far. :)

Agreed, Cawl looks like he's going to be suitably impressive.  Very surprised you chose to paint him as a whole, though; sub-assemblies has been much easier for most of us!  :)

Updated the first Cawl picture with a progress shot (the top one).  My phone just does not want to pick up the latest highlights, I swear the robes look a lot better in person!

There's another servo-skull that's supposed to be flying around his back but the hose it was carrying broke on sprue.  I added him to my Tech-Priest instead for a little oompf.

I also started on his base... don't think I'll use the book that he's standing on.  Maybe save it for an objective marker instead

Here's a better shot of Belisarius Cawl and my Tech Priest Dominus.  Should start on my second Tech Priest before 8th drops, not sure how to arm him though of course.

I've got up to 2,200 pts painted now under 7th

http://i211.photobucket.com/albums/bb217/Mospaeda/FullSizeRender%202_zps9j8w4po8.jpg

Thanks all!

Still working on this army, waiting for 8th Ed to drop so I can judge what to add next.  

A wise decision, sir.  I for one am hoping Electo-priests are about to become awesome.  :smile.:

And i'm hoping  Ranger "Transuranic" Sniper squads :cool.: will be awesome too 

Mithril

p.s. great work as always S-O-W :thumbsup:   

• 3 weeks later...

LIKE WOWZERS !!!! :eek:

that army looks stupidly fantastic all together, makes me want to finish mine just looking at it

Congratulations good sir on a wonderful and very pretty(in a manly way) army...awesome work indeed!.

I love the ruined bridge too:wub:  ..how was that made(that is if you know?) cause now i want a ruined bridge :biggrin.:

cheers, Mithril 

Thanks Mithril ! :biggrin.:

Gotta say, all the great support and advice from this community really kept me motivated and get these painted.  I'll still be adding more, I'm sure

The bridge is owned by my FLGS and I think it was custom made.  Reminds me of XCOM 2 

Thanks Mithril ! :biggrin.:

Gotta say, all the great support and advice from this community really kept me motivated and get these painted.  I'll still be adding more, I'm sure

The bridge is owned by my FLGS and I think it was custom made.  Reminds me of XCOM 2 

it reminds me of Fallout 4 which is relevant for me at the moment :biggrin.:  maybe ask your FLGS how it was made next time your in there... please ....:wub:

i look forward to seeing what else you add, again a great army with a great theme :thumbsup:  

cheers, Mithril