Maschinen Krieger - Skitarii/Cult Mech

Green

Castellan Green

1/2 Castellan Green, 1/2 Death World Forest

Death World Forest

2/3 Death World Forest, 1/3 Menoth White Highlight (P3 paint)

I don't drybrush but do something in-between (sorry, I'm not up with the technical terms).  For these, I took a small, flatter head brush and loaded it very lightly.  Just lightly brush the raised parts and smear with your finger if it goes on too heavy.  I don't really drybrush - ends up too chalky - this way is pretty fast for me

Adding a Militarum Tempestus detachment to the mix.  Just waiting on the chunky tire conversion to show up.  Think I'll go back and add some streaks to the brown section too.

And build some Scions too, of course.

http://i211.photobucket.com/albums/bb217/Mospaeda/IMG_3484_zpsgduwlnjd.jpg

http://i211.photobucket.com/albums/bb217/Mospaeda/IMG_3485_zpsmznsxwpu.jpg

So I had what I thought was a cool idea. Converting scions with electro priest backpacks and cuffs. Was going to call them Volt Throwers. I tried converting them this morning and yeah, didn't work out . Arms were too wonky and didn't line up with the cuffs.back to the lab..

That is a pretty sweet idea!  Maybe try cutting and gluing the hands to the existing arms?  You could use some wire to link the backpacks to the zappy hands with a bit of pinning/putty work.

I cut the arms at the elbow and lined up the shapes pretty well - its just where the shoulderpad hits the torso that leaves a big gap and looks awkward.  Would have to fiddle with the backpack a lot too to get good contact with the back and also make the arms look natural.  Cutting my loses now

:sad.:  That is a shame, it sounded real Rad :woot: .... got any WiP shots for us to see and try and do a think tank on this awesome idea! :thumbsup:

Looking Fwd to the wheels, At the moment it kinda looks like some 40k car thieves put your vehicle up on blocks and stole the sweet rims :laugh.:

Cheers, Mithril 

I know I'm psyched to see what the Taurox wheels look like with SoW's unique paint scheme.  I almost went for the half-track style conversion kit for mine but I thought it a bit "on the nose", as it were.

Taurox Prime ready for action.  Blood & Skull Industries' Longhorn 6x6 conversion set

http://i211.photobucket.com/albums/bb217/Mospaeda/IMG_3507_zpsmt45bmar.jpg

I will say, this looks like its ready to take on the Paris to Dakar race, desert dueler equipped vehicle and a 40k version of a mechanic...  :biggrin.:

great work, the wheels really give it that extra pop! 

cheers, Mithril