Regimental standard posts

Harleqvin

I'm not sure where to actually bring his up but, the new regeimental standard actually has info that seems prudent to have a discussion on in the Rumors section.

It's about 40k, it's legit from GW, it has info for what's going on (albeit done in a humorous way to make the Imperium sound better,) but still has the info.

Shouldn't it be allowed for a rumor thread?

The third war for Armageddon isn't new, it's been in the lore for a long time. The Regimental Standard isn't for publishing anything new, that's what the Warhammer Community page does so you'll need a lot more than something seeming to lead credence to "something" for it to be news. Otherwise it's just groundless speculation which isn't what the N&R is for.

Neither was the 13th black crusade...

This mentions stuff about a "third" war (which yes could be that the "imperial" HQ is trying to keep the others hush,) it being after Guilliman is revived, 97%of the factories being taken over/destroyed by green skin xenos.

How is it not anything new, or rumor worthy?

And after the fall of cadia

The Regimental Standard is not a news source; it's just a blog, a method for GW to engage with the wider community (and advertise accordingly). All the news we get from GW comes from other sources accordingly, and with more content.

Just because you can speculate about something doesn't make it a rumour or appropriate for the N&R, if you wish to speculate then the Amicus would be a better place or a particular section of the B&C if it is more faction/codex specific.

Edited.

Even though my comment was not malicious/attacking, it felt more catty after reading.

I think I will be done on this and let it go to review by all the mods.

As it should really be discussed.

Done commenting back.

• 1 month later...

I know I talked a tiny bit with one mod. And he said it was already talked about with others.

But with even now a third thing (technically 4th because as it was mentioned in the fist TGS book, about new war coming to Armageddon,) about new war on Armageddon.

Shouldn't RS be taken for source at times?

Yes we all know RS is Imperial Propaganda, but there is truth within it.

In the one I posted the truths that can be taken is another war for Armageddon (fourth for us and those at the top of the Imperium of man in the know, and "third" for the lesser Imperium of man in the know,) and that this war is happening after the return of Guilliman.

There's no black and white rule here.

Sometimes a Regimental Standard post relates to an ongoing rumor, in which case it is fine as a source.

Sometimes a Regimental Standard post is just in-character fun, such as the case of the response to the PITA clickbait that appeared awhile back.

Sometimes a Regimental Standard post hints at something that might eventually become a rumor, such as the Armageddon bit.

So Regimental Standard posts might be appropriate as rumor sources here, but not always. Exercise caution (and common sense). Just because something new appears in the Regimental Standard doesn't mean that you should fly into full-blown rumor mode.

Archived