Liberalia Martiale 2017 - THE IRON GAUNTLET

Olis

So just build 1,000 (3,000 with a story) words on top what I've written already? Yeah I can totally do that. 

That and post critique in at least five other Iron Gauntlet threads, too. ;)

Oh hell, so many projects already but meh, what can i say, I like the punishment...

I, TheBlindPrimarch, of the Specters of the End Times take up your Challenges. I vow, before my brothers and sisters of the B&C to complete all Challenge and submit it to the Liber before the deadline. I vow to support my fellow challengers to the best of my ability. May the Emperor/the Dark Gods/Brother Argos himself curse me if I fail.

Link: Specters of the End Times

Edited by TheBlindPrimarch

Hey everyone, it's me again making my rounds. Hehe

Does anyone know where I can steal an IA template? Me and coding/formatting are not the best of friends.

I'm not too inclined to write a founding history. I was wondering if a detailed timeline recording Chapter events, operations, and conflicts would suffice, instead?

Does anyone know where I can steal an IA template? Me and coding/formatting are not the best of friends.

Try this resource thread HERE. There should be something that can help. If not, let me know and I'll see what I can do.

I'm not too inclined to write a founding history. I was wondering if a detailed timeline recording Chapter events, operations, and conflicts would suffice, instead?

So long as it meets requirements, then that's fine.

I, Lephisto, of the Elysian Falcons take up your Challenges. I vow, before my brothers and sisters of the B&C to complete Challenge the First by Wednesday 17th May 2017 and submit it to the Liber before the deadline. I vow to support my fellow challengers to the best of my ability. May the Emperor himself curse me if I fail.

(P.S I will forward you the link)

You and your thread have been added to the roster, brother.

As some of you may have noticed, I have taken the liberty of adding the Iron Gauntlet 2017 tag to your threads. This is for making searching for relevant threads easy, so you should all have no problem identifying the right topics (as if you needed any extra help...). 

Sangi! Join us with the Steel Legion. ;)

What are the "This is the Liber" threads about?

While the idea is nice I fear an Alternate Legion like the Steel Legion are probably somewhat outside the realm of the Iron Gauntlet, plus the SL is a collaborative effort with the rest of our lost brothers in the Special Projects forum so I feel like that's be kind of cheating. Perhaps another time brother. :)

As for the "This Is The Liber" threads, well... *dons Morpheus glasses* This is an awfully deep rabbit hole you're standing at the edge of Kel, are you sure you're ready to take the plunge and enter Wonderland?

http://i3.kym-cdn.com/photos/images/original/000/982/737/975.gif

What are the "This is the Liber" threads about?

See this quote (from the thread itself):

[snip] it's a mass collaboration, self-insert, self reference fiction that started out as semi-serious fiction about the Liber. I think.

Have you read the OP? It's really rather good.

Well, you could turn them into a Iron Hands successor chapter. :wink:

See, I did join with my idea of a Star Wars themed force, which in the BotL was once part of the Scions Hospitalier.

Everything's possible here. :wink:

Awful deep rabbit whole? Yet another one? Jeez, I jumped into the whole with the Bling-bling-Lost-Legions-Madness-club sign on it.

As long as you got cookies and tea...wait *facepalm*, I don't even drink tea or coffee...what am I talkin' about...maybe a good old & hot chocolate (and a weird rabbit), you got my attention. :wink:

Edited by Kelborn

Hi all, glad to take part in this :)

I, LancsHotpot90, of the Knights Obstinate, take up your Challenges. I vow, before my brothers and sisters of the B&C to complete the First, second, third, penultimate and final challenges (allll the challenges XD) and submit it to the Liber before the deadline. I vow to support my fellow challengers to the best of my ability. May the Emperor himself curse me if I fail.

Here's the link:

http://www.bolterandchainsword.com/topic/332407-iron-gauntlet-2017-the-knights-obstinate/

Edited by LancsHotpot90

A very warm welcome to you, brother! My deepest apologies for initially missing your post, but I will address it right here and now. :smile.:

1) In regard to giving critique to others, it does not really have to be a full blown review - you could simply say that you may like something or dislike something and then let the author know why. However, if you would rather skip the first challenge (or any other), then that is your choice and no-one elses. Do what you can, although I do urge you and your fellow entrants to push yourselves. :happy.:

2) Do not worry brother, many members of our forums only know English as their second (or third) language, so expecting you or anyone else to be perfect when native speakers often butcher the language anyway is a little unfair. Just do the best you can and, if you're looking for it, ask for pointers about grammar and spelling.  

3) It's up to you what material you use. That said, what you are thinking of using sounds just fine as it is. :thumbsup:

If you need advice or have any questions, then absolutely feel free to message me or ask here. We are all here to help. 

Thanks for your reply!

After your explanations to my questions, I guess I will do everything (or die trying like a good citizen of the Imperium):biggrin.: .

I, joschlumpf, of the Genocide Angels take up your Challenges. I vow, before my brothers and sisters of the B&C to complete all Challenges and submit it to the Liber before the deadline. I vow to support my fellow challengers to the best of my ability. May the Emperor himself curse me if I fail.

Good to have you on board, brother. :tu:

It appears to me that several of you have easily surpassed the Bronze mark on your work - will anyone get the Gold achievement? ^_^

I might, in word count, but I can't always think of constructive criticism...plus, I'll be marking which bits of my article that are definitely eligible for consideration, those that will be up to judges discrestion (BTW, who are the judges?), and those bits that definitely not eligible.

On that note, that reminds me that I need to actually post my thread/article. Meh, I'll do it during lunch.

EDIT: Apparently the network here won't let me make new topics, so I'll try again later. Sorry.

Edited by Captain Lenoch

(BTW, who are the judges?)

Primarily, myself and Dosjetka with Aquilanus, Conn Eremon and LySiMachus stepping in when necessary/time permits. If it is not clear what has been done to an article to qualify, we will ask you directly. 

Hey everyone, sorry for not posting or replying in threads as much but for the next week or two (Max) my access to the internet will be very limited.

Weird place to post this but it seemed easier than messaging ten or so people, especially where I only have an hour.

Don't smite me Olis and friends for this post!

No problem. You won't miss the deadline so it's no biggie.

As of right now we are lacking only six thread links (the roster and links are in the OP). Not bad for a field of twenty-two entrants at this stage. In fact, it is quite encouraging.

And on that topic, Olis, here: http://www.bolterandchainsword.com/topic/332456-the-iron-guantlet-dawn-blades/ is the thread for my vow. I apologize for the wall of text to anyone who may read it, but that's unfortunately my writing style. I hopefully will update it regularly, but no promises, it will likely be utterly random except for minor changes.

I, Lord Thørn, of the Red Drakes chapter, take up your Challenges. I vow, before my brothers and sisters of the B&C, to complete all Challenges of the Iron Gauntlet and submit it to the Liber before the deadline. I vow to support my fellow challengers to the best of my ability. May Brother Argos himself curse me if I fail.

linky: http://www.bolterandchainsword.com/topic/332514-ia-red-drakes-irongauntlet2017/

I, Legionare, of the Viper Legion take up your Challenges. I vow, before my brothers and sisters of the B&C to complete Challenge one and submit it to the Liber before the deadline. I vow to support my fellow challengers to the best of my ability. May the Emperor himself curse me if I fail.

http://www.bolterandchainsword.com/topic/332658-iron-gauntlet-2017-ia-viper-legion/?do=findComment&comment=4702808

Welcome to the party, brother. The more the merrier.

(I took the liberty of giving your thread the appropriate tag for the Iron Gauntlet. All participating threads must have it.)