Liberalia Martiale 2017 - THE IRON GAUNTLET

Olis

Hi, just wondering if you could also change my Chapter's name to the Elysian Phoenixes.

Also, I am desperate for feedback and ideas o my IA, would be very much appreciated.

Name changed, brother. I will drop by your thread this afternoon (and I urge your fellow Gauntletees to visit too!).

CHALLENGE ONE HALFTIME

Brothers and sisters! One month has passed and so it is time to review how the challenge is going - a look at the 'state of play' if you will. Now, at this moment in time, although the challenge specifically states you need to write a certain amount on the "origins and history" of your chosen DIY, very few people strictly meet this stipulation. Therefore, I have been checking the overall length of the articles themselves.

A sizeable majority of you fall either into the Bronze category or do not meet the one-thousand word minimum at all. For some of you, this is purely because you are not far off (but still don't qualify for) the next rank, while others simply have not had a thread posted up. I would like to remind BrotherSPBrother-Captain AlectoHalandaar and Coldfyre that there is only one month left of this particular challenge. I will be messaging each person just mentioned to hopefully get some traction.

Some of you have done very well in terms of visiting threads and offering advice - DizzyeyeBadass_SpazLancsHotpot90 and joschlumpf being ones who, provided that they can make their article large enough, would be well on their way to a GOLD rank. Of that I applaud them. 

But let's not get complacent. Many of you have a way to go to fulfil the requirements of the rank you are aiming for. 

[in post edit - I was going to do a fancy table to show you all what's what but after about a dozen attempts, I can't get it to work properly. So there's no table. Sorry. We'll settle for a couple of lists, instead.]

Articles critiqued:
Dosjetka - 6 
Cryptix - 2 
NovemberIX - 3
Dizzyeye - 19 
Captain Lenoch - 4
BrotherSP - 0
Ferrus Manus - 9
Brother-Captain Alecto - 0
KingHongKong - 6
Badass_Spaz - 16
Draakur - 9
Halandaar - 1
Sete - 8
MysticTemplar - 5
bloodhound23 - 5
Coldfyre - 0
Kelborn - 9
Evz - 3
TheBlindPrimarch - 0
Lephisto - 2
LancsHotpot90 - 20
joschlumpf - 14
Lord Thørn - 3
Legionare - 1
Brink - 0
Boldthreat - 3

Potential article rank (based on word count):
Dosjetka - Minimum not reached 
Cryptix - Minimum not reached
NovemberIX - Gold
Dizzyeye - Silver 
Captain Lenoch - Bronze
BrotherSP - Threads not yet posted
Ferrus Manus - Bronze
Brother-Captain Alecto - Thread not yet posted
KingHongKong - Minimum not reached
Badass_Spaz - Bronze
Draakur - Bronze
Halandaar - Thread not yet posted
Sete - Bronze
MysticTemplar - Bronze
bloodhound23 - Bronze
Coldfyre - Minimum not reached
Kelborn - Silver
Evz - Bronze
TheBlindPrimarch - Bronze
Lephisto - Silver
LancsHotpot90 - Bronze
joschlumpf - Silver
Lord Thørn - Bronze
Legionare - Gold
Brink - Minimum not yet reached
Boldthreat - Bronze

Bear in mind these are not your current ranks. These are what you will be eligible for if you meet the critique requirements in the OP.

Good luck to you all in the second half of Challenge the First. I look forward to seeing you all do well.

Edited by Olis

Hi, I've not been able to sit down much to type recently, but I'll be getting back on this as soon as possible.

I'd like to say however that I believe I've actually only given feedback to two (maybe three) articles, though I've posted in 4 :)

Good luck to everyone :)

I'd like to say however that I believe I've actually only given feedback to two (maybe three) articles, though I've posted in 4 :smile.:

Aha. I appreciate your honesty, brother. ^_^

As a reminder to all our participants, be aware you have a two-month time frame for just the first challenge. The other challenges have their own subsequent time frames, with the entire series ending in December. Hopefully, everyone knows where they stand and is up to speed with how much time they have per challenge (if not, please re-read the OP).

Have definitely not lost my way here, still always churning ideas around and jotting things down when I get little opportunities, I've just been very occupied with other RL issues lately. I will be looking to update my post again and start helping in a few more threads by the weekend at the latest :tu:

I, Minigiant, of the Ouroborus Massacre take up your Challenges. I vow, before my brothers and sisters of the B&C to complete Challenge one and five and submit it to the Liber before the deadline. I vow to support my fellow challengers to the best of my ability. May the Emperor and the the Dark Gods curse me if I fail.

http://www.bolterandchainsword.com/topic/333125-ouroborus-massacre-the-tale-and-ia-of-two-chapters/

This month marks 10 years since I joined these forums (:eek:!!!) and found the LIBER ASTARTES to create and write my first chapter, The Sons of Doom and submit them to the hallowed Librarium. I have been and gone in the latter years, but this demands action to mark earning a stud on my forehead. :tongue.:

I, Brother Cambrius, of the Vanquishers take up your Challenges. I vow, before my brothers and sisters of the B&C to complete Challenge The First and submit it to the Liber before the deadline. I vow to support my fellow challengers to the best of my ability. May the Emperor/the Dark Gods/Brother Argos himself curse me if I fail.

Here we go then, moving into my first property finally in between too.

Cambrius

This month marks 10 years since I joined these forums (:eek:!!!) and found the LIBER ASTARTES to create and write my first chapter, The Sons of Doom and submit them to the hallowed Librarium. I have been and gone in the latter years, but this demands action to mark earning a stud on my forehead. :tongue.:

I, Brother Cambrius, of the Vanquishers take up your Challenges. I vow, before my brothers and sisters of the B&C to complete Challenge The First and submit it to the Liber before the deadline. I vow to support my fellow challengers to the best of my ability. May the Emperor/the Dark Gods/Brother Argos himself curse me if I fail.

Here we go then, moving into my first property finally in between too.

Cambrius

Welcome, venerable brother! We'll always welcome Liber veterans with open arms to the Iron Gauntlet! And new Liberites, too, of course, but you get my point. I'll just notify the servo-skulls that we have a twenty-eighth Gauntleteer. :tu:

As with Minigiant, you have less than a month to fulfil the minimum requires set in the OP, brother.

I would like to have some more feedback, if thats anyway possible. Especially now that i'm few paragraphs away from saying that my IA is finished

I will drop by later today, brother, but I shall urge others to do their part and support you. 

So, as a headup to people who page through here for news, I just dumped probably a few thousand words worth of history in the vein of a codex history line. Might be worth checking out (subtle hint).

Tomorrow or later tonight I will add some stuff about some of the chapter's sacred relics. Two are pretty much set in stone and do not count for the word count. (These will be marked clearly. The thunderfire cannons were only conceived in the chapter history so they're up for debate.)

Brother Olis, is it possible for you to keep a running tally of what each participant has done (as a weekly progress report, maybe)?

One other housekeeping thing I feel I should bring up. Seeing as eighth is dropping right in the middle of challenge the second, how will we score it? With two point systems in eighth reported to be a thing and a system without points, it'll be hard to score. Will we continue to score it as per 7th ed rules or will it change to one of the two new systems?

(As an unsubtle hint, I would appreciate some feedback for the Dawn Blades so I can fine-tune what I have.)

Hail brother Olis

Would it be possible to check how things are going on my article in terms of word count? I feel I've made a significant gain towards the challenge and would love to know how far I have to go

Thanks in advance

Brother Olis, is it possible for you to keep a running tally of what each participant has done (as a weekly progress report, maybe)?

A weekly tally, while it is entirely possible, would require me to do the same I did at the end of the first month. That is, manually count it up. I have my ways of making the task as painless as I can but it would still be fairly tedious work (bearing in mind this is purely a counting and cross referencing exercise on my part). Now, I'd be happy to do a three quarters of the way done report, much like the half time one (as well as one at the end of Challenge the First) but I think a weekly progress report is more effort that it would be worth. That said, I will oblige any requested individual updates.

One other housekeeping thing I feel I should bring up. Seeing as eighth is dropping right in the middle of challenge the second, how will we score it? With two point systems in eighth reported to be a thing and a system without points, it'll be hard to score. Will we continue to score it as per 7th ed rules or will it change to one of the two new systems?

For the time being, there's no need to worry about it. While in theory, we should be fine using the points values of the seventh edition, I foresee the possibility that people may wish to convert over to eighth. If that occurs, I will confer with my fellow Liber Mods. Suffice it to say, we will cross that bridge when we get to it. 

Hail brother Olis

Would it be possible to check how things are going on my article in terms of word count? I feel I've made a significant gain towards the challenge and would love to know how far I have to go

Thanks in advance

No problem. The whole article, not including the writing that is not directly part of the IA, is over 3,000 words long and eligible for the Gold rank (if that's what you're after). I can be more precise if you wish.

I see, brother Olis. I think a 3/4 way done would be helpful to us all (and I wouldn't mind a quick check-in on mine if its not too much trouble. Now to go and see what if anything I can add constructively to anyone else's thread).

Also, mine is kind of spread out across the thread. Should I collate everything into the OP as well?