Liberalia Martiale 2017 - The Angel and the Wolf

Olis

gallery_60566_6038_134832.jpg

Hail, sons of the Lion, and welcome to the Liberalia Martiale thread for your faction! Today we celebrate creativity and imagination, revelling in the written form, with the theme this your being "Clash of the titans".

Obviously, GMB will be posting up his customary Brotherhood of the Angels event today - now a staple of Liber Day and warmly welcome.

Now, tough as it is to create a different style of thread for each subforum I go to, I will try nonetheless. Even though you guys get the BoA to sate your invention and artistic mores, I present to you a challenge:

I ask that you present a Champion each. One to battle the Space Wolf Helmgar Black-tooth, reputedly the mightiest amongst his brothers, and the canniest dueller this side of Terra. This will not be a 'Feast of Blades' where the fight will be determined by dice rolls. Instead, myself and other Mods will decide who is the most worthy and will post the fight - in a story, of course - where we determine a winner. There will be no favourites. You are not guaranteed to win. But...does that mean Helmgar will win?

The current undefeated combatant according to the fluff would be Master Belial of the Dark Angels. It would be interesting to see how the Dark Angels' best fares against the Wolves's best. I can leave it to the Mods if they want him to fight in Terminator Armor or flashback to when he fought on Piscina as Master of the Third but had the Sword of Silence.

Is Helmgar Blacktooth an established character or is he being created for the purpose of the literary challenge? 

He was specifically created. No such character exists to my knowledge. The idea is to invent your own character to take Helmgar on (rather than, say, pushing Belial into the ring with a bloody great big shove, GMB :lol: )

I would assume it would be someone renowned for their combat ability. Unless an initiate has superlative skills that outmatch similar skills plus greater experience, then I think it's unlikely. But what I think is not the point. :wink:

I suppose it's possible, if one could come up with a good circumstance for a squad of Unforgiven Scouts to be in close proximity to a pack of Blood Claws. Sort of like a mimicry, a play at the storied tradition by those only just inducted to them.

For my DIY Unforgiven, the Knights Sovereign, if they had their choice of champion and time, would put forth the name of Sydorn Lindswor, Lord-Earl of the Errantry, a rapid-reaction force tasked with the hunting and elimination of high-profile targets. However, while a valiant commander and still capable warrior, his advanced years has slowed his sword arm and dulled his senses from the power and keen edge he once had. A worthy substitute would be his direct superior, the relentless and methodical Lord-Earl of the Justiciary, Hadrian Normson. Though many within the Chapter can claim to be quicker with the blade, few can use the advantage to claim a win against the marble-plated wall that is the Captain of the Chapter's elite veterans. Though granted the privilege of wearing one of the dozen Terminator suits belonging to the Chapter, it is rare that he risks the valuable relic in the heat of battle.

It seems strange to put forth officers as Champions, but I cheated. Officers are all I have already developed.

Does anyone else have a champion to set forth? Perhaps a character from one of their DIY successors, or particular character in your army that stands out and you've developed a story for?

I may do a chaplain from either the da or my successor chapter. When me and my buddy teamed up at the local store, I always took a tda chap vs ulrik, I feel I could develop a wolf lord or something to face off in a battle of terminators. I don't know much about these duels, like how a Victor is decided. I know of the dueling cages were they fought until blood was drawn, would the same apply? Or until the opponent yields? I don't want to kill off a character, especially since that is not the norm.

Edit:After more thought, I think I'll do a successor chaplain. I have an interesting idea. My successor won't be aware of the tradition. The SW will gather and bellow challenges, with their champion at the front, throwing names and offenses, in their mind, all in good fun. The successors will be a bit confused, and angered but unwilling to unnecessarily battle, especially on the eve of war. Then the SW champion bellows one last offensive challenge, but this one crosses the line in the eyes of the Deathwing chaplain, and he confronts the SW with crozius in hand, and strange 2 pronged bladed weapon hanging from his belt (wink wink). The wolf lord/wolf guard grabs his stereotypical weapon of choice (help with this? What would he actually carry?) and with a smile and laugh begins the duel

Archived