Liberalia Martiale 2017 - Get Those Dice Ready...

Olis

gallery_60566_6038_134832.jpg

Greetings brothers and sisters! It's that time of year again, the Liberalia Martiale. Liber Day. Last year the Blackshield Generator did well, riding off the back of the then recent release by Forge World - Retribution. It garnered quite the following thanks to Maximvs.

Yes, flamey-headed one. We know. Well, this year, I thought I'd try to see if I could entice you all, once again, with another generator. One fit for the theme "Clash of the Titans". I hope you may have guessed by now what this generator is. Yep, a Primarch Generator.

So, pull up a pew, roll some dice, make up a primarch and make your character come alive with some backstory! Pretty simple stuff.

bl.php?text=Primarch%20Generation%20Table&fontsize=25&bg=880000

Legion Designation

Roll 1D20

This is the Legion derived from your Primarch's genetic material. Name it as you wish.

Demeanour

What was the primarch's default persona?

Roll 1D10

01 Mysterious
02 Optimistic
03 Cynical
04 Pessimistic
05 Pragmatic
06 Melancholic
07 Nostalgic
08 Aggressive
09 Jovial
10 Responsible

Home World

The type of planet upon which the Primarch landed.

Roll 1D10

01 Civilised World
02 Death World
03 Ice World
04 Agri-world
05 Hive World
06 Jungle World
07 Ocean World
08 Volcanic World
09 Paradise World
10 Forge World

Developmental Trial

Event that defined the Primarch's rise to power/fame/notoriety.

Roll 1D12

01 Overthrew previous ruler
02 Was venerated as a deity or demi-god
03 Saw those they cared for murdered
04 Exibited homicidal tendancies
05 Became outcast/exiled
06 Was reknowned for artistic/artisan skill
07 Adopted by ruling individual
08 Tamed or killed a legendary beast
09 Rose to promenance in a war against xenos
10 Discovered a great secret of the Age of Strife
11 Led a failed rebellion
12 Inadvertantly became the leader of his people through no influence or action of his own

Standing

The Primarch's reputation - how he is viewed by his brothers.

Roll 1D8

01 Well respected
02 Kinda Kooky
03 Foolish
04 Wise
05 Reckless
06 Reserved
07 Boring
08 Unforgiving

Armament

Signature weaponry.

Roll 1D10

01 Ranged weapon/pistol
02 Ranged weapon/rifle
03 Ranged weapon/heavy weapon
04 Ranged weapon/other
05 Melee weapon/sword
06 Melee weapon/axe
07 Melee weapon/other
08 Ranged weapon/exotic
09 Melee Weapon/exotic
10 Unarmed

Loyalty

When the balance of power changes, when the flag of rebellion is raised against the Emperor, who does the Primarch follow?

Roll 1D4

01 The Emperor
02 The Arch-traitor
03 Neither
04 It's... complicated

Curveball!

What idiosyncracy seperates this primarch from other primarchs?

Roll 1D20

01 Owns a unique, powerful personal transport
02 Has incredible psychic powers
03 Is horribly disfigured
04 Has a twin
05 Has an unconcealable mutation
06 Always has a direct link to the Emperor, psychic or otherwise
07 Is remarkably humane
08 Can see into the future
09 Has extensive bionic prosthetics
10 Is unusually short/small for a primarch
11 Is a giant
12 Can telepathically speak through others
13 Passionately hates psykers
14 Is unusually strong/resilient
15 Cannot wear traditional armour
16 Owns a piece of xenos-tech
17 Can teleport
18 Is blind
19 Is psychically blank
20 Roll twice again, and disregard any other rolls of 20. Yes, this is a cheap way of filling a slot. wink.png

Unfortunately, you'll have to bear with me. It's a working day after all. I will add my own example late this afternoon (GMT).

VI legion - The Solenopsis (Fire Ants) - Primach - Antonius Purse - Homeworld: Babelon (paradise world noted for expansive and beautiful artificially created Gardens)

Antonius' incubation pod crash landed on Babelon at the beginning of a 3 month long festival which culminated in the flowering of an exceptional and rare flower which blossomed for merely a single day. When the child emerged from the pod, it was to a crowd of particularly angry flower keepers, as the crash landing had destroyed this flower, and he was chased from the Gardens, shunned by the populace for ruining such a precious thing and in turn ruining the festival.

He lived on the fringes of society, and early on realised he could hear the thoughts of others and could in fact use them to communicate. Often the people in his vicinity would randomly spout apologies of a lengthy nature, only to stop and carry about their business, yet none would hear as he spoke through everyone.

One day an entire village vanished, only to return a month later with Antonius (a name he selected for himself plucked from the mind of a villager) at its head carrying a replacement for the flower he destroyed.

Slowly he was reintegrated into society, and as his size and intelligence grew so did his prominence on the world and once spending several terms as his continents prime minister.

When the Emperor arrived on his world he knelt, as did everyone surrounding the Emperor and at once all spoke "Welcome to Babelon, Father, I am ready to serve".

THE HEAD OF A LEGION

Antonius took eventual control of the VI legion, after studying war under the tutelage of the Emperor and his Brothers. When control was given he was handed a magnificent two handed sword with a red sheen to the blade, his brother also pointed out there was a reservoir within the pommel, which contained a virulent poison from a plant of Babelon, so that even if he couldn't strike down his opponent the poison would take, making the victim feel like they were burning alive. Antonius named his blade "Sting". This technology he dispensed to his sons blades, and eventually between his tactics and this particular breed of poison, the legion became know as the fire ants to most.

Antonius way of war was to most uninspired often using his telepathic ability to control his sons much like a hive of Ants, swarming the enemy en masse. The legion often took heavy casualties, however Antonius' gene seed was one of the shining examples of stability so even if the legion suffered, quickly would it return to fighting capacity.

His Brothers also found his company boring and in times of levity never really connected with them. However he loved his father greatly, and when Heresy struck his loyalty was never in question. Not one for decisive action or void warfare, Antonius instead ordered a massive recruitment drive and took to defending his Father's home. When the Traitors arrived at Terra, thinking little of The Fire Ants, great was their surprise when they discovered the swarms of Astartes who seemed to care little for the damage they took when Antonius led them, paying no heed to the screaming astartes left in their wake from the poison of their blades.

Antonius eventually fell, as one of his more martial brothers killed him. However the poison administered from Sting left it's mark. Altough it would not kill his Brother, his veins burned for eternity, never knowing peace from pain again.

Post heresy without Antonius, the legions Librarius displayed an ability much like that of their Primogenitor, and could operate like before, albeit on a smaller scale than their father.

(Sorry I didn't know how to fit nostalgic and boring together. So I ran with boring for some reason :p)

Archived