To the Bitter End - The Badab War: Chaplain WIP (2/29)

The idea did cross my mind, though I had no great certainty on who. Executioners and Lamentars are both high up on that list. I love Mantis Warriors and their color scheme, but their Chapter symbol... I don't know.

• 2 months later...

Heyo, lads n' lasses. Apologies for such a long wait in updates. I've been really busy with finals, living on my own now and getting used to that. I honestly don't have a huge update right now, been sitting a waiting to see what comes from 8th edition. I played my first game against Tyranids with my Khorne daemons and it was super fun! I'm really excited to play this edition (which is a first for me, honestly in a long while) So while it's not much of a huge update, I was doing a little experimenting with scouts.

Now I like scouts, really I do, but Gods do I hate their models. They're so very uninspiring and their heads all look them same and are utterly terrible looking... So I had a thought. I bought a box of Genestealer Cult Neophytes last month for an idea I had with Renegades and Heretics (more on that another time) but I had all the Neophyte heads left over with nothing to use them for. The Neophyte heads are pretty diverse, despite all being bald (which is fine for Space Marines) and they look really good. So I decided to shave the little brow ridges and see what I could do about applying them to a scout body. Here's the results so far.

http://i.imgur.com/V5uFZg2.jpg

http://i.imgur.com/vP2MMjl.jpg

http://i.imgur.com/l2janiO.jpg

http://i.imgur.com/l0xwk4y.jpg

Of course, these are only works in progress for now, but damn I'm actually pretty happy with how they turned out. So I'll be do more experimenting with these and you may eventually see some of these boys in silver. 

Aaaaaannnd... lastly, let's have a little teaser for a coming project...

http://i.imgur.com/JVUk82f.jpg

As always, enjoy.

Well, this one's for Dizzyeye, would really appreciate some feed back on this guy. 

http://i.imgur.com/uXLLZ3d.jpg

Who are they to deny our right to rule?

Ours is the sacred charge granted to us by the sweat of our brow and the blood of our veins. We were given a barren system and from it we created a kingdom fit to lead. We were given the duty to defend against the nightmares of Maelstrom and we launched ourselves into that abyss, cleansing all that stood in our way. We are the knights of the Tyrant, we are the Lions of the Throne of Thorns.

And these... usurpers have sought to to take from us what is rightfully ours? No. We will take back control and everything that belongs to us. Take what is ours. We will drive them from our kingdom and restore the Badab Sector under the Tyrant's Reign!

Let them hear our defiant roar, brothers!

For the Tyrant!

- Chaplain Reclusiarch  Brother Arstor of the Astral Claws

http://i.imgur.com/hvZLhvb.jpg

http://i.imgur.com/yiDef90.jpg

Enjoy.

Edited by Noctus Cornix

He looks like a badass, how you gonna work the paint scheme for the Chaplains?

That... I have still yet to entirely figure out, to be honest... working on it.

Also, somehow missed your last update. What you planning with those Primaris marines? 

Something yellow...and it ain't Imperial Fists... :cool.:

Now that's a nice chaplain! As for the scheme, if you don't want to go with the classic black, maybe you could try the chapter colours with an integrated symbol of the consul-opsequirai from the Horus Heresy (The discipline cadres of the legion), seeing as Huron eventually tried to emulate the legions of old?

Edited by The Observer

He looks like a badass, how you gonna work the paint scheme for the Chaplains?

That... I have still yet to entirely figure out, to be honest... working on it.

Also, somehow missed your last update. What you planning with those Primaris marines? 

Something yellow...and it ain't Imperial Fists... :cool.:

When I get to chaplains I was consdering using leadbelcher and darkening it with a wash to make it black-iron/steel.

Something yellow? Oh? Oooooooooh!

That's a damn good looking Chaplain you've got there in the service of the Astral Claws Noctus. It'll be good seeing him painted up in whatever way you have planned for him. I do have one small thing though and it's the way that he seems to be resting his mace on the side of his foot while he's still moving forward and taking aim at some poor fool who is defying the Tyrants' wrath. Perhaps you could twist the right arm and the wrist so that it makes him look like he is pacing through the battlefield and has this good flow of movement. The alternative would be to chop up the legs and reposition them so that he is standing tall and proud as he bellows out his defiance as he takes aim.

Either way, it's some great work and I can't wait to see what you do with your Primaris boys.

Now that's a nice chaplain! As for the scheme, if you don't want to go with the classic black, maybe you could try the chapter colours with an integrated symbol of the consul-opsequirai from the Horus Heresy (The discipline cadres of the legion), seeing as Huron eventually tried to emulate the legions of old?

Hey man, appreciate your feedback! I considered that, but it seems to me that the amount of information they actually had on the legions was pretty limited so I'm trying to keep the Legion references and inspiration as muted as possible, if that makes sense. He's still a chaplain, after all. 

When I get to chaplains I was consdering using leadbelcher and darkening it with a wash to make it black-iron/steel.

Something yellow? Oh? Oooooooooh!

Did you figure it out? :wink:

That's a damn good looking Chaplain you've got there in the service of the Astral Claws Noctus. It'll be good seeing him painted up in whatever way you have planned for him. I do have one small thing though and it's the way that he seems to be resting his mace on the side of his foot while he's still moving forward and taking aim at some poor fool who is defying the Tyrants' wrath. Perhaps you could twist the right arm and the wrist so that it makes him look like he is pacing through the battlefield and has this good flow of movement. The alternative would be to chop up the legs and reposition them so that he is standing tall and proud as he bellows out his defiance as he takes aim.

Either way, it's some great work and I can't wait to see what you do with your Primaris boys.

Glad you like the chaplain! He was made at your suggestion after all.  In all honesty, I really wanted Reclusiarch Arstor to have that more dynamic but less realistic pose because that's sort of the vibe I want to give him. As a Chaplain of the Astral Claws and a huge supporter of Huron, Arstor and many of his brother Chaplains have become living icons of the Tyrant's will and message. Propaganda and  pride in your Empire is such an important thing for the Tyrant's legion that I want Arstor to just sort of exude that mentality. He's as much a Chaplain of the Chapter as he is a Political and Propaganda officer now.

The chaplain looks badass, but I can't help but think the pose looks quite artificial. It's a propaganda pose rather than one you'd be forced into in combat

(though given all the propaganda ideas on this thread that may be the point?)

That was actually intentional, yes :P 

Always nice to see Badab getting some love.

I'm liking the conversions too, keep it up fellow Warder.

For the Tyrant!