A Trio of Imperial Knights

Legiocustodes

Recently I have set up a new wargaming group consisting of fellow soldiers, sailors and airmen from the UK and we have been enjoying monthly meets to smash out various battles across the tabletop.

One of my best friends in this group is a Navy officer and for years he has endured watching his hordes of guardsman being mowed down by my Space Marines in battle-after-battle. So needless to say I was quite surprised at our latest meeting when he did not produce mass platoons of infantry from his carry case, but rather some shiny silver Terminator-clad clad warriors....that's right, he had replaced his ill-fated guardsmen with a compact force of Grey Knights, including two Dread Knights!! I then watched in sheer horror as his force shredded my poor Crimson Fists in a few turns.

Obviously art the time I smiled and took it gracefully whilst secretly crying inside... however when I got home I knew I had to do something to re-balance the equilibrium of things and so I re-started a project I had begun some years earlier... My trio of House Taranis Imperial Knights:

blogger-image--276123924.jpg

blogger-image-1476947119.jpg

blogger-image--87351953.jpg

When I got these giant miniatures out the box I realised that I had only previously managed to get as far as spraying the exo-skeletons silver and so I literally locked myself in my room for three hours every night after work in order to finish these beasts off!

There is literally nothing like a stinging defeat to spark of a ridiculous arms race!

We have our next game scheduled for this Saturday and I am looking forward to teaching my good buddy that the only thing better than a Grey Knight is a big Red Knight!!

I have included a few more pictures on my blog at:

http://classicastartes.blogspot.co.uk/2017/03/imperial-knights-for-40k-house-taranis.html

Archived