Vindicare Assassins Old and New

Legiocustodes

As it is now 20 years since the original Codex Assassins came out (yes it really was 1997) I have decided to set myself a little hobby challenge... I am going to paint one of each of these classic old metal models (which were in fact sculpted in 1995) alongside its replacement model from the Execution Force boxed game! First up.... we have the snipers of the Vindicare Temple:

blogger-image-234153182.jpg

1995 Model - Front

blogger-image--559263345.jpg

1995 Model - Rear

blogger-image--389956260.jpg

2016 Model - Front

blogger-image-1712314626.jpg

2016 Model - Rear

Overall I really enjoyed painting these models and I think that they came out nicely... though it is clear the newer model is considerably larger than its predecessor.

I have included a load more photos and some additional detail on my blog at:

http://classicastartes.blogspot.co.uk/2017/03/1995-vindicare-assassin-vs-2016.html

Aye there were two of each metal Assassins at one point. Sorry to give you extra work :P

I quite like the purple banding/straps on the model. Will this be a feature on all the Assassins you do and have you a recipe for it? Cheers.

I have spent the last week on eBay tracking down the tow alternatives of each of the original metals so I should have them soon!! I guess I'll have to paint all of them!

Yeah I think I'll carry the pink banding over as I quite like it too. Steps are:

Khorne Red Base

Nuln Oil Wash

Pink Horror Highlight

Great work :tu:

I prefer the older mini myself, the angularity of his body and being leaner and meaner makes me feel like he has been hiding behind enemy lines for ages, where the new one looks well fed and roid heavy.
You have done them both proud though, once you have all three no one is safe msn-wink.gif

I always loved the old Vindicare you have there because he was aiming.

Unfortunately, back then I only had the other Vindicare who had his rifle and pistol out. I guess the new one is better than that one.

Ooh! 

Eversor next!

Always been my favorite. According to 1d4chan they are the most grimdark thing in 40k, and I'm inclined to agree. A drugged out psychopath whose only reason for existing is to kill groups of people as violently as possible, and then explodes if you actually manage to kill it? Pretty damn grimdark if you ask me. 

(Lemartes came in second, also very grimdark. But not Eversor grimdark)

Vindicares look awesome. 

Archived