Welcome to The Bolter and Chainsword
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Index Astartes - the Eternal Sentinels [Iron Gauntlet]

Iron Gauntlet 2017

• Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

Cryptix

Cryptix

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 685 posts
  • Chapter Name: Dusk Raiders/Grave Wardens

As always, this is a WIP I'll be working on in bits and pieces, so watch for more.

To start us off, I'll be using the Liber Challenge Outline.

Chapter name: Eternal Sentinels
Descended from if known: Imperial Fists
Founding number if known: 23rd
Descendants if known: None
Chapter origins: Clearing and securing worlds for resettlement during the crusade to defeat WAAAGH! Skullkrumpa
Chapter History (notable battles etc): Battle for Idajoleti, the Massacre of Pillarview, the Perditio War
Battle Cry: We Fight for the Dead!
Notable Characters: Chapter Master Esan Aurelius
Colour scheme and Chapter symbol: Silver and Gold, Chapter Symbol an open eye over a sun cross.

Index Astartes
ESsigil.jpg

The Eternal Sentinels Space Marines Chapter

spacemarine.jpg

Origins
The Eternal Sentinels are a Chapter of the 23rd Founding, created in order to better patrol the Ultima Segmentum from threats both without and within. Their gene-fathers are of the Imperial Fists, and prior to their participation in the Baltus Crusade they were a fleet-based chapter. 

Home World/Homeworld
The homeworld of the Eternal Sentinels, Idajoleti, is a hive world with a hot climate, with the average temperature being 38°C, reaching up to 70°C in the summers. In response, the people of the planet, the tribal Arobruans, have developed darker skin and use 

Combat Doctrine
<<Information on the Chapter’s combat doctrine>>

Organization/Organisation
<<Information on the Chapter’s organization/organisation>>

Beliefs
<<Information on the Chapter’s beliefs and warrior cult>>

Gene-seed/Geneseed
<<Information on the Chapter’s gene-seed/geneseed purity/mutations/lost organs>>

Battle-cry/Battlecry/Chapter Motto
We Fight for the Dead!

USING A ETERNAL SENTINELS ARMY IN WARHAMMER 40,000

Chapter Tactics (Eternal Sentinels)
- Empowered by Death - A unit with this rule that suffers an unsaved wound or hull point reroll to hit and to wound rolls of one during their next turn.
- Estoeric Beliefs - All Armies of the Imperium treat units with this rule as Desperate Allies.
- Knowledge of the Dead - Once per game, a Librarian with this rule may immediately generate an extra power from the Ectomancy discipline when a friendly unit with Chapter Tactics (Eternal Sentinels) is destroyed within 24" of it.

Edited by Cryptix, 21 March 2017 - 12:19 AM.
Added event tag

Well would you look at the time, it's zombie o'clock!
banner.jpg?w=450L_T_3_2017_Banner.jpggallery_4664_12529_16642.jpg

Conn Eremon

Conn Eremon

++ SCRIBA VILLOSUS ++

• ++ MODERATI ++
  • 6,902 posts
  • Chapter Name: Emerald Tigers

It's a small start, but keep that momentum going if you want to get that gold.

Going by the name, emblem, founding and origins, it sounds like you're setting the Chapter up to stand guard over lands reclaimed from the Orks. As usual, I'm interested in what kind of Chapter culture that is developed.

Bellum Omnium Contra Omnes

Guilliman Heresy | Corax Coup | Conn's DIY Projects | Liber Surgery

B&C's play-by-post subforum is now live!

Dosjetka

Dosjetka

++ TUTATOR MONTEM ++

• ++ MODERATI ++
  • 9,610 posts
  • Chapter Name: [FATALDATAERROR]

The "Chapter Origins" part caught my eye. You say they were tasked with clearing and securing worlds during a Crusade. It's not a bad idea but Space Marines are usually wielded like a scalpel, used to decapitate the enemy leadership or strike key strategic targets. They are a rare and precious "resource". Taking and holding ground is usually the task of the Imperial Guard, so it would be great to know more about why they received that task. Perhaps a young Imperial Commander who misused the Chapter's strength and power, with the Chapter not saying anything because they were still young and fresh? Also, was this Chapter created specifically to be a part of this Crusade?

Anyway, good luck with creating your IA. :tu:

'Perfer et obdura, dolor hic tibi proderit olim.' - Ovid

Chronic procrastinator & amateur "butterfly hobbyist".

Ferrus Manus

Ferrus Manus

+LEXICANUM+

• + LEXICANIUM +
  • 2,643 posts
  • Chapter Name: Arctic Lions

The battle cry is interesting. What ideas for their beliefs do you have, which must have influenced it?

My WIP Tzeentchian Warband

Badass_Spaz

Badass_Spaz

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 68 posts

Please God-Emperor/Chaos Gods, make these Sentinals reminiscent of loyalists Death Guard. I implore you to at least indulge the Death Guard aesthetics. I'm sure fellow B&C fans can agree how awesome they were. Not only that, any mutants or heretics would endure a catastrophic outbreak of browning trousers in their ranks... Officers included. Err, I know if I met Death Guard Astartes, I would have a case of Brown Trousers. Hehe

Cryptix

Cryptix

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 685 posts

Please God-Emperor/Chaos Gods, make these Sentinals reminiscent of loyalists Death Guard. I implore you to at least indulge the Death Guard aesthetics. I'm sure fellow B&C fans can agree how awesome they were. Not only that, any mutants or heretics would endure a catastrophic outbreak of browning trousers in their ranks... Officers included. Err, I know if I met Death Guard Astartes, I would have a case of Brown Trousers. Hehe

OH GOD GET OUT OF MY HEAD DON'T MAKE ME GET THE TALONS OF THE EMPEROR.

Cryptix

Cryptix

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 685 posts

The battle cry is interesting. What ideas for their beliefs do you have, which must have influenced it?

Well let's see.
First off, I wanted them to be influenced by Yuroban culture. It's my tribe and I've wanted to do something with it for a long time now.

Second, I wanted to have a chapter with a strong mythology, of ancestor spirits and blessed weapons, and through the warp making such things reality.

Lastly, I wanted a chapter that represented sort of the "Old Guard" of the Astartes, those that still have the mindset of a legion.

Badass_Spaz

Badass_Spaz

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 68 posts

An emphasis on psykers might be something of interest. The Lexicanum provides a list of Chapter exclusive abilities; maybe do the same for your Sentinals. Different abilities might affect munitions or lengthen the teeth on chainswords. Yea, sounds like corny video game buffs but it's a start. Relic/Older weapons in the hands of a Librarian becomes that much dangerous... Or carve some runes into them. 

"Not only does this flamer fire promethium but a mystical Warp promethium that corrodes ceramite."

Hmm... No one has really done too much on relic weapons, and though I can understand it might appear snowflakey, the concept of "Blessed Weapons" with obscure abilities is nifty. There's a lot to build from that if you haven't already thought of it.

Hope this jogs the creative juices a smidgen, good sir!

Sete

Sete

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 5,127 posts
  • Chapter Name: Black Templars/Grey Talons
I don't think Temperatures should reach 70.
Imagine a Hive, full of smoke, no ventilation, made of metals under a 70° heat.
They would be in a oven cooking.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Iron Gauntlet 2017

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users