Possible prices for SoB squads vis SoS pre-order?

Sir_Gaea

Good afternoon all, I was just checking the Games Workshop webpage when I noticed that they have Sisters of Silence up for pre-order. The price is 5 girls for 40 US Dollars.

I am throwing this out to the more experienced members out there, but does 8 dollars a Sister of Silence mean that when Plastic Adepta Sororitas arrive they will be around there, or are the SoS expensive because it is a Horus Heresy army in the 40th millennia?

Sisters of Silence are probably as expensive as they are because the set has to include a Bolter, Flamer and Executioner Greatblade (the latter of which requires a totally different pair of arms) for every single model in the kit. You see a similar sort of thing with Tempestus Scions who are $35 for five plastic human-size infantry with a wide range of special weapons and other kit.

Personally I would expect an eventual Battle Sisters kit to be very similar to the current Tactical Squad - 10 miniatures with one of each special and heavy weapon for $40 or similar - although it's not impossible that they'd go with a five-model kit with enough special and heavy weapons for Dominions or Retributors at a similar price.

I expect 10 girl sister squad to have a flamer and storm bolter (maybe a melta if lucky) for around $70-$75aud. Doms and Rets be sold as units of 5 models for maybe around $60aud. Seraphim again in lots of 5 with a single handflamer and single inferno pistol around the $60-$70aud mark.

Am really hoping for plastic exorcists and penitent engines but that might be a dream unrealistic.

I expect 10 girl sister squad to have a flamer and storm bolter (maybe a melta if lucky) for around $70-$75aud. Doms and Rets be sold as units of 5 models for maybe around $60aud. Seraphim again in lots of 5 with a single handflamer and single inferno pistol around the $60-$70aud mark.

Am really hoping for plastic exorcists and penitent engines but that might be a dream unrealistic.

Lol. Though that would still be cheaper than what we pay now!

Archived