Veteran Marksmen Marines and their Loadout

Fezifresh

Regarding Sniper Veterans, combi-plasmas and plasma guns would be the way to go. It leverages their Precision Shots extremely well, and if you Outflank you can get into a good position to rapid-fire. Don't forget to take a Rhino so if he brings cyber-occulari (Interceptor aura servitors) he has to waste shots killing their ride first.

That's not true, Intercept happens at the end of movement, and both the transport and the unit riding it count as having arrived from reserve. So if you disembark, the squad gets shot at.  If you mean stay in the Rhino and just shoot out of the hatch, that's one way to do it. In that case I probably wouldn't do you the favor of destroying the Rhino and exposing my lines to all of your firepower. Just let you shoot your two guns out of the fire ports, and then on my turn deal with the transport and the unit inside it in one fell swoop.

Very much like the old 40K Grey Hunter with dual plasma/melta/flamers, especially when we got the second one for free after purchasing the first one. Worked amazingly well out of Outflank scoring many First Bloods or Alpha Strikes when needed.

Running Marksmen Vets in a VIth Legion list with Pale Hunter RoW gets them on the board even more reliably.

That's not true, Intercept happens at the end of movement, and both the transport and the unit riding it count as having arrived from reserve. So if you disembark, the squad gets shot at.  If you mean stay in the Rhino and just shoot out of the hatch, that's one way to do it. In that case I probably wouldn't do you the favor of destroying the Rhino and exposing my lines to all of your firepower. Just let you shoot your two guns out of the fire ports, and then on my turn deal with the transport and the unit inside it in one fell swoop.

Why would you disembark if you know you'll be Intercepted? I think you misunderstood my point. You stay inside the Rhino and force them to de-mech you. 

Sure, but that misses the original point, which was to avoid interceptor fire. If you are disembarking, you are being shot.

Only if you deploy out the rhino so the interceptor squad can see you.

The idea is you jump out with the rhino between you and the interceptor squad. Interceptor squad can only shoot the rhino. Shooting phase, you flat out the rhino to block your squad off from the rest of the army and shoot the interceptor squad.

Certain builds could do it with land raiders as well whistling.gif

Archived