Welcome to The Bolter and Chainsword
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Adeptus Custodes and Sisters Discussion Thread

• Please log in to reply
54 replies to this topic

HCMistborn

HCMistborn

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 858 posts
  • Chapter Name: Custodes Advance Force
I have an idea for running Inquisition with Plasma and Chimera with Psybolt Heavy Bolters, or a double NDK list. I feel like I have two options, flood the field with cheap bodies or bring enough big distractions to get my kills through.

I can bring two Daemonhunter forces with strikes and fully kitted NDKs along with three custodes squads and Guilliman. Thats 28 bodies, 50 ish wounds, 37 with EW.

gallery_83651_12132_25108.png

Waking Dreamer

Waking Dreamer

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 133 posts

I have an idea for running Inquisition with Plasma and Chimera with Psybolt Heavy Bolters, or a double NDK list. I feel like I have two options, flood the field with cheap bodies or bring enough big distractions to get my kills through.
I can bring two Daemonhunter forces with strikes and fully kitted NDKs along with three custodes squads and Guilliman. Thats 28 bodies, 50 ish wounds, 37 with n EW.

If you're referring to the Daemonhunter Strike force from C:IA, I don't think you can use GK Strike squads for the troop choice. It has to be GK Terminators.
  • HCMistborn likes this

Plasmablasts

Plasmablasts

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 251 posts

I can bring two Daemonhunter forces with strikes and fully kitted NDKs along with three custodes squads and Guilliman. Thats 28 bodies, 50 ish wounds, 37 with n EW.

If you're referring to the Daemonhunter Strike force from C:IA, I don't think you can use GK Strike squads for the troop choice. It has to be GK Terminators.

The only stated restriction in the DHSF detachment is that the units taken must be Faction:GK, so I think Strike Squads are permitted. Most people seem to want use Fast Attack Rhinos as minimum taxes for NDKs; taking Strikes hardly seems an abuse to me!

What people of course are missing is that the DHSF allows you to have an entire army of Purgation Squads in FA Rhinos...

HCMistborn

HCMistborn

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 858 posts
Alright I'll take interceptors and bring incinerators instead of psilencers.

HCMistborn

HCMistborn

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 858 posts

The only stated restriction in the DHSF detachment is that the units taken must be Faction:GK, so I think Strike Squads are permitted. Most people seem to want use Fast Attack Rhinos as minimum taxes for NDKs; taking Strikes hardly seems an abuse to me!

What people of course are missing is that the DHSF allows you to have an entire army of Purgation Squads in FA Rhinos...

True, I can bring 10 squads, 4 with psycannons, 4 with incinerators, and 2 with psilencers along with 10 rhinos for exactly 1850, but is that any good?

I like the idea of Knight Titans with my Custodes, but I feel like two NDKs is better mileage. I think I will wait for the Saggitareum upgrade sets from FW and use their helmets on my NDKs.

3 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users

Bing (1)