IF potl 2000pts defensive list.

The laughing raven

Working on a list to survive a Blood angels Drop pod/terminator teleport strike list using 4ok formation. (done from memory on points will check when home).

Praetor; tda, para blade vigil shield, digid, gh tele 205

5 termies; 5 CFs, IAC, tele 255

5 termies 1cf, plas, gh 210

Forgelord tda, rads, aug, cyber fam, combi weapon, 162

5 Flamers 2ccw, aa, mb &  power sword. 135

Achilles alpha 300

Leviathan cyclon+ drill, ac, phos 330

leviathan volkites, dual storm cannon, ac, phos 335

Quad, shatter 70

total 2000 pts

would people swap the forgelord for a seigebreaker and get phosphex for the quads?

will be taking an almost stationary stance as was hit with four drop pods and 3 deep striking termy squads so idea is clump up and weather the storm.

I think your model count is much too low for 2000 points. 10 terminators, 2 characters and 5 marines is very little. 

Also I can't see how this list is valid? you have 1 tactical support squad and 1 terminator squad, neither of which fills your mandatory 2 troop choices.

I would drop 1 leviathan and the forgelord and look to get some more units in the army. Also 5 flamers aren't going to do much, I'd rethink the unit and maybe change them to plasma.

The two units of termies fills the mandatory req. I believe, but its is very short on models i do agree have rethought the list some what since added extra squad of termies and dropped sec lev for a mortis dread.

Have to say I avoid plasma like the plague as i seem to roll a disproportionate amount of 1's, pass every leadership test but rarely a 2+ roll it seems some times ;P 

Here is rethought list:

Praetor (as above) 190

5 termies 5cf, iac tele 255

5 termies 5cf plas, tele, 255

5 termies plas 1cf gh, 215

phobos assault launchers, 235

Leviathan cyclon, ac, phos, 325

cont mortis dual kheres 180

Damocles rhino 100

5 Flamers 2ccw, aa, 120

Scorpius 115

total 1990.

Why not Hammerfall? The breachers will get T5, so do Termis with stormshields. Combine that with an allowed fortification (e.g. 175pts for the imperial defense network) and you got a solid base to survive the alphastrike.

I think you are meaning gauntlet of stone, that one doesn't allow deep striking units and is if you have lots of vigil/boarding shields, which i sadly do not have.... (min req 2 x breacher squads)

You also can't have fortifications in either of the fists legion spec rites, seems ridiculous considering their fluff.....

I've found a bunker with ammo and void shield and a void shield generator make a great starting "fort" especially if you take a defence line with tank traps you can block half the board and infuriate an opponent, however this is a list to make use of my terminators from BaC boxes.

Archived