Mechanicum - Legio Cybernetica 2k

Hasdrubal

After several years of looking at the Horus Heresy, I've decided to build a Mechanicum force for 30K.

I know Legio Cybernetica isn't the strongest theme, but I like Big Stompy Robots, and the models look fantastic smile.png

I've more or less created set the core of my army list (1800 points at the moment). I don't want to use special characters, so no Scoria smile.png

HQ [150]

Magos Dominus, Machinator Array, Abeyant, Cyber-familiar, Augury Scanner, Infravisor

Troops [655]

3 Castellax Battle-Automata (each with Power Blades and Dual Flamers)

2 Castellax Battle-Automata (each with Darkfire Canon and Enhanced Targetting Array)

Fast Attack [710]

2 Vultarax Strato-Automata

2 Altarax Battle-Automata (1 with Arc Scourge)

Heavy Support [265]

1 Thanatar Siege-Automata (Enhanced Targeting Array)

Fortifications [20]

Ammo Dump

The Magos goes with the 3-strong Castellax units and heals them as they advance mid-field, while the Thanatar and Darkfire Canon Castellax provide AT / anti-artificer armor support fire (the ammo dump helps against get hot!). The Vultarax shoot vehicles or flyer, and the Altarax provides assault pressure and close combat AT.

I'm aware I don't have any scoring troop right now, and need to get one. Adsecularis are cheap, can hide but will most likely get shot easily. They free up enough points to get another Magos to support the Darkfire Castellax unit (more Cybertheurgy, and more control).

Another solution would be to use a unit a Scyllax Guardian-Automata (the models looks great, and more robots), and use the remaining points to give the regular Castellax enhanced targeting arrays.

Would you suggest any change in the core list? And how would you fill in the remaining points? Thanks for your advice!

Archived