The first BL book you ever read

R_F_D

Does Rogue Trader the rule book count? At the time it was the most awesome book ever. I can remember sitting in my bedroom just staring for ages at the pictures. The universe it described was so amazing it still has me captivated 27 years later, much to my wife's amusement! Slot of novels followed I can only remember Space Marine from the early years but can't be sure it was my first

inquisition War was my first Novel.

Followed by the Eisenhorn trilogy.

Now that must have been an interesting compare and contrast in inquisition styles!

I thought both were good at capturing the detail of "normal" every day life in the Imperium. All that ordinary stuff can be far more interesting than hearing about some over powered hero taking on a horde of something and winning.

It was a short story collection, I can't remember it's name now (blood something, something of blood maybe). The story I remember was about Catachans fighting Orks and taking their eyes I think. It was in the local library.

It was a short story collection, I can't remember it's name now (blood something, something of blood maybe). The story I remember was about Catachans fighting Orks and taking their eyes I think. It was in the local library.

Catchans taking the eyes out of orks in a library?!?!?! How will they have ever kept the noise down? biggrin.png

Trollslayer. Which, if I'm not mistaken, was the first BL book (Either that or First and Only).

Damn I'm old...

They were released the same year - 1999. Trollslayer 2 months before FaO if I'm not mistaken.

Yeap - we are old msn-wink.gif

Horus Rising. I know..went too deep too fast.

I actually got into WH40k after having played Dawn of War and then i read up on some fluff (lexicanum) and artwork. And the first book i readily found was Horus Rising. been stuck with it since.

Dawn of War made a lot of fans for W40K - Relic should get royalties for their job well done ;)

It is really interesting to see what everyone's hook was!

It seems strange to me as someone who read White Dwarf and knew the background to think of the HH as a person's entrance to the world.  In a way I am quite envious of starting on the journey blind and having no knowledge of what is to happen!

Archived