How to deal with a 3x LOW list?

StaggerLee

So someone in our local group has been fielding this for a while now, and it did very well in a local tourny. How would you deal with it whilst not tailoring against it so as to remain competitive against other armies. 

Castellans of the Imperium Detatchment 2k

HQ
Ordo Hereticus Inquisitor 
Ordo Malleus Inquisitor 

Troops
Tactical squad 
Tactical squad 
Tactical squad 
Tactical squad 

Lords of War
Baneblade 
Guilliman 

Blood angels CAD
HQ
Librarian level 2 in terminator armour 

Troops
Tactical squad 
Tactical squad 

Lords of War
Fellblade 

• 2 weeks later...

Firstly, we have no idea what you're playing or have access to which makes it difficult to give specific advice. For example, if you aren't playing space marines, then the recommendation of grav spam is worthless.

90% certain this guy's list is invalid. A quick point check in battlescribe has the list coming out as 2070 points. I'm assuming this is a 2000 point meta.

If you have a TAC list, you should be packing enough anti vehicle to take out each tank in a turn or two. This leaves him with a bunch of useless infantry with no transports, and one REALLLLLY EXPENSIVE beat stick in the form of girlyman. Laugh as you kite him across the board.

• 3 months later...

He has:

• A HQ choice which looks like it grants rerolls hits and wounds for chaos and daemons, another HQ which does the same for Chaos and psyker units. 
  • ~60 Space marines
  • ​Blood angels psyker which can grant: a 4++, +1 attack or can cause 0-3 mortal wounds. 
  • Guilliman grants rerolling 1s to hit for IMPERIUM models and rerolling hits for ULTRAMARINE models.
  • Baneblade
  • Fellblade

I can see how this list can be considered strong. However it lacks model count and mobility - use this to your advantage. 
Also this list is clearly built to combat Chaos and daemon summoning lists. You will have a better time not playing a chaos list against it.

The best way to beat a list like this is

• To outnumber him. As previously mentioned 66 models in a 2000 point game is fairly low. A green tide, Tyrannid swarm or IG conscript blob army would overwhelm him. Hordes are king in 8th ed.
  • Take snipers. They won't take out guilliman but have a shot at taking out his inquisitors. 
  • Take fast things to take objectives. To move across the board into CC. 

Unless I have more info about what army you play I can't give any specific advice.

I would personally deal with it with a conscript blob with 200+ conscripts supported by Leman russes and manticores and would have some counter assault units to tackle tougher assault units.

Edited by The Catachan Devil