Thematic armies

Dremiah

No mate. Original incarnation was just a pa marine chapter that could take an inquisitor as hq.

IIRC the GK predate (rules wise!) The crayon and release of tda.

There is literally no situation where TDA is not the better choice for a purgation squad.

They are designed to move up alongside a gk force providing mobile fire support.

A role designed for TDA.

That had to be pre 2ed, because I remember 2ed GK and terminator witch hunter models. And there were no power armored GKs. And it is realy hard to judge what part of the RT stuff is in continuity with later stuff.

• 2 weeks later...

No mate. Original incarnation was just a pa marine chapter that could take an inquisitor as hq.

IIRC the GK predate (rules wise!) The crayon and release of tda.

There is literally no situation where TDA is not the better choice for a purgation squad.

They are designed to move up alongside a gk force providing mobile fire support.

A role designed for TDA.

That had to be pre 2ed, because I remember 2ed GK and terminator witch hunter models. And there were no power armored GKs. And it is realy hard to judge what part of the RT stuff is in continuity with later stuff.

Gentlemanloser is correct. The original Grey Knights army list was PA only, as TDA literally hadn't been invented yet, so no army had access to it. You can find that list yourselves near the back of the Realms of Chaos: Slaves to Darkness book. TDA was invented a year or two later, and the Grey Knights got the rules for a Terminator Squad and a Terminator Captain (both intended to be added as new units available to the existing Rogue Trader army list) in a White Dwarf. They didn't get a codex in 2nd edition, so had to wait all the way to the 3e Codex Daemonhunter publication to get an update from that original Army list from 1989.

Valerian

they did have rules in the 2ec rule book, and the inq demon hunter had rules their too. It was common for tournament armies to run at least him, because of inq psy powers having vortex .

I haven't looked at that book in a long time, and didn't keep my copy, so didn't recall what might have been in the back of the rule book for Grey Knights. Would be cool to take a look and see what the entry was like, for old time's sake.

• 2 weeks later...

I finally found what you were talking about, jeske.  The Inquisitor entry was among the Imperial Agents in the 'Codex Army Lists' pamphlet that came with the 3 softcover books in the 2nd edition boxed set (the three books were the Rules, Wargear, and Codex Imperialis (fluff)).  The unit entry for the Grey Knights Terminator Squad (a revision of the GKTDA squad provided in a Rogue Trader era White Dwarf) didn't come out until a little later, in the Dark Millennium expansion boxed set.  So, out of all of the unit entries available to the Grey Knights in RT, only one was updated and provided rules in 2e; we had to wait for the Daemonhunter codex of 3e to get an update for the rest of the army.

Archived