+BASING GUIDE+ Genesis Chapter 4th Company circa M35

Fellow hobby chaps and chappettes!

I've been looking at getting round to this project for a long time and have finally made a tentative step in the right direction.

With 100 (I was lucky enough to clear out mail order before the stopped production!) of the sculpted metal Genesis Chapter shoulder pads I thought it's time to put them to use!

gallery_27086_2173_1575159.jpg

Apologies for photo on the slant! :D

BCC

So this is the finished test mini. The rest of the collection won't be painted exactly like this but it's the test mini after all.

gallery_27086_2173_88535.jpg

The legs are Running Legionnaire legs by Kromlech. The heads are the Maxmini Steam Knights versions. The rest is GW standard issue other than the Base which is by Tinyworlds. Cost wise the marines become an eye watering £5 each pretty much.....but then I'm never going to get the chance to do this again!

BCC

Another quick update.

So bases are coming along nicely! Quick spray of Grey primer. Then washed with Druchi Violet. Then Rhinox Hide is painted onto the loose rubble. Then it's Drybrush with Pallid Wych Flesh followed by White Scar.

Lastly Agrax Earthshade is applied to the recesses, and the Base edged with Rhinox Hide. :)

gallery_27086_2173_534088.jpg

gallery_27086_2173_499595.jpg

gallery_27086_2173_594422.jpg

gallery_27086_2173_920731.jpg

Also I've made some progress on the Tactical Squad Veteran Sgt.

gallery_27086_2173_354193.jpg

BCC

Dig what you've got going on here, hoping for more :tu:

If I may though, having all 3 primary colours and green on the one mini makes it a bit riotous to the eye - I think it risks being too busy and jarring...

Archived