What worse, we find ourselves with no home

Homeworld and Ship lost to the Empyrean

Our chapter dead, ruined, forgotten by all

Let this shame be no more

Let the Fire Hawks rise again

From ashes let us be reborn

Chapter Master Valar Aeneron, Lord of the FIre Hawks Reborn

ICogJ2H.jpg?1

+++Following the surprising return and inspection of the Ius Ad Bellum, the Fire Hawks chapter, prior thought lost, has been reinstated+++

+++Lost sometime during m36, nearly a century after the War of Apostasy, the ship had contained remaining assets and battle-brothers of the 1st and 2nd company+++

+++No chaos corruption could be detected by agents of the Ordo Malleum and Hereticus, thus Valar Aeneron had been given the right to reform his chapter+++

+++Aided by the gifts of Lord Guillaume and chapters that had fought with them during the Age of Apostasy, the Fire Hawks had set out to rise from the ashes in fire and steel+++

+++Particularly the lineage of Dorn had deigned to gift their old allies with nearly two hundred suits of various power armour marks and bolters+++

StL7K5Z.jpg?1

+++While still severly undernumbered, counting only about 400 brethren with their new Primaris recruits, the chapter has continued to aid any and all valiantly+++

+++While wary of Cawl's creations, they take solace in the word of Roboute Guillaume, whom they regard as their primogenitor and follow each and every of his commands+++

+++While genetically pure, the Inquisition has decided to keep a close eye on the reformed chapter, particularly due to its association with the cursed founding+++

+++Much like the Black Templars, a chapter they are particularly close to due to their oaths, the chapter adheres to the Imperial Cult as preached by Sebastian Thor+++

+++Due to the loss of the whole chapter prior to the Ius Ad Bellum's reentry, many non-codex reforms have been undertaken by Valar+++

WKsEePW.jpg?1

+++Chapter Master Valar, wiser and more humble than his successor Lazaerek, had decided to learn from the many chapters that had known their peril+++

+++From the Scythes of the Emperor and the Crimson Fists he had learned that particularly in these times discipline would be of utmost importance+++

+++To stand unified meant survival; giving in to shame, guilt and bickering meant the death at one's own hands and minds+++

+++From the lineage of Corax, Valar had learned to appreciate more unconventional means of warfare, means that would minimise future losses+++

+++Both Raptors and Mentors had sent delegations to teach the Veterans in the high arts of subterfuge and sniping; to great success+++

1J3IAYs.jpg?1

+++Valar feared for the loss of his chapter's culture, for much of their knightly honour and tradition had been diluted or lost+++

+++Yet he remembered in times of greatest doubt his highest honour; that of the oath he had given to the God-Emperor+++

+++"If my name be forgotten, if my colours be burnt black, if my wings be broken"+++

+++"If I be shattered, if I be given ironform, if I be administered your peace"+++

+++"If it means one more day of light, so be it"+++

+++"I give all and more, so that your will be done"+++

+++Arisen from the Ashes+++

+++Blood thought lost, now reborn+++

+++The Fire Hawks rise again+++

-----------------------------

Hey folks, a small preview of some reborn Fire Hawks straight out of M42 ;)

@Vazzy: Cheers man! Yeah indeed, they are glorious!

@Ryltar Thamior: Your wishes shall soon be heard ;) What I actually plan on doing is making a sort of reborn chapter, one founded by about 150 astartes lost after the War of Apostasy and now given a new chance to serve the Emperor. Should be pretty nifty I think!

Well in any case, that is all for today. Need to weather the hawk and then we will have some more in-colour pictures in this thread! Also, since I have lost a bit of drive on my carcharodons, I will use this thread for all my endeavours related to the Badab Chapters, so expect some of that :) C&C is, as always, much appreciated and welcome. Have a nice day!

• 8 months later...

Old Souls in New Flesh

Even now, nearly three centuries after the Lord-Commander's return, our Primaris brethren still stand distinctively apart

from the rest of us. True, they bear our colours and by now, they have been fully immersed in our various cultures. They

have made us stronger, no matter what the future may bring. Still, they are distinct. Their armour is not the relic of ages

gone by. Their weapons did not witness the truest fires of glory. Few are the chapters where Firstborn and Secondborn

truly mingle. Cordiality is there, make no mistake, but no true fraternity.

Not so with the Carcharodons Astra, those pale nomads that roam outside our borders and spill blood in the black oceans

between the stars. I had the dubious pleasure of waging war at their side during the Cleansing of Sihtar IV. The Space Sharks

fought in absolute union, the ragtag armoury and the sanguine mist only further blurring what little had existed in terms of

difference. The height did mark out the Secondborn, but they moved with that same predatorial, silent gait. They prayed in

the same way that their elders did. The exact same markings crossed both skin and ceramite.

To them, these objects, while still holy to some extent, were still just that; objects. While certainly some borders must exist

between the Firstborn and the Secondborn in that chapter, they do not seem to follow the same line of thinking that ours

do. The Carcharodons Astra are seemingly not concerned with issues of obsolescence, ritual and heresy, but by those

of close knit culture and usefulness.

It seems to me, that their Primaris are immediately raised in a surrounding of intense cultural mysticism and symbolism,

which forces them to adapt purely for communicative reasons alone. It also seems to appeal to the inherently fraternal

nature of the Astartes' mind to fit into hierarchical structures that are laid before him. Indeed, chapters with particularly

extreme and strong cultural traditions, such as the Blood Drinkers, the White Scars and the Red Talons, seem to have

had a much easier time with reconciling the new and the old generations of battle-brothers.

As much dread as the Carcharodons' merciless way of war has created in me it also gives me hope in these difficult times.

Hope that if we, the Firstborn, will truly vanish from history and be replaced by the Secondborn, then our spirit will survive

in those that shall follow in our footsteps. Our banners shall wave for a thousand more millenia. Our weapons shall slay a

myriad more enemies.

We shall endure.

Not the Firstborn.

Not even the Secondborn.

But the Chapter.

-Captain Herevaris of the Revilers; private writings-

4cqOsNx.jpg?1

arDa0er.jpg?1

RVn1O6r.jpg?1

r0Iqpuz.jpg?1

-----------------------

Sooo, as promised ;)

Gederas: Cheers man! Yeah, the Firehawks are slowly brewing away, but expect a bit more Killteam stuff in the near future (Also, something with Talons that are painted Red....)

Anyways, that's all for today, just a small preview! C&C is, as always, very much welcome. Have a nice day!

Totally wicked!

Makes me want to build out a small Kill Team of Badab chapters in a similar vein to the old WD treatment  of Badab before FW owned the concept with IA 9 & 10.

I'm very interested to see what you do with this.

Cheers,

Interesting stuff, the umbra boltgun looks great. Where did you find or convert one to be so wide and chunky? Works very well on the primaris rather than looking like a cardboard cut out, which a narrow FW one probably would.

By the gods...

Mate, not only is this army coming along bloody AWESOME!!

As a Māori, it is great to see Te Reo being used. The characters are fantastic and your use of words is great too.

Keep up the fantastic work, throwing a little more Te Reo in there for you, tu meke!

The Chain Reforged

https://youtu.be/isxvXITTLLY?list=RDMM7Yiq4ocwQJs

A chapter can be likened to a chain; each and every division of it is closely linked. This metaphor extends down

to even the most fundamental constituents of the chapter: the squads. Each and every battle-brother relies on

those that stand next to him, both in times of war and in times of respite. Sometimes, that chain is broken and must

be repaired. Sometimes, a battle-brother betrays the trust of his fellow men and must thus be cast out, or worse.

Sometimes, a battle-brother will fall in battle and thus must be replaced with a new link in the chain that is eventually

beat into proper shape and indistinguishable from its siblings.

What many chapters fail to understand though, is that this chain extends beyond the chapter as well. All Astartes are

linked, no matter our grievances and distastes, bar a select few who cannot gaze further than their pride allows for.

When a chapter betrays its purpose or falls short in its duty, then another must come to exact punishment. Such a task

is to rarely be undertaken with glee, for the day a chapter fails in its scared duty, is a grim one indeed. By that same hand,

should a chapter lay in dying, it must be administered the Emperor's mercy and its assets put to better use, for a broken link

must be replaced with haste.

However, a link may forge itself anew and be given new life, but it can rarely do so alone. Truly, few can stand to the strength

of will that the Blood Angels or Crimson Fists possess. For many such broken chapters, the only fate that remains is to request

aid from our cousins. Few do so, for we are proud beings, much too proud I think, and thus choose to die in a blaze of glory

than to bow our heads and put out the begging bowl.

Yet those that cannot or would not stand above their pride deserve nothing more than to perish, for they would rather protect

their own sense of self than lay all that they are low for the Emperor. Is that not what we have sworn? To serve Him? Thus

it follows that there is no shame in requesting aid, for if it means fighting even one more day in His name, then we serve our

purpose. Requests we sent out, fellow brothers, so many data-scrolls! Our cousins came to aid, each and every lineage

sending whatever they could bear to go without.

Thus, we rise again, clad in steel and fully armed, fully by the grace and generosity of our cousins.

We shan't dissapoint them.

---Sihvald, Master of the Forge of the Fire Hawks---

FhxSji5.jpg?1

>>>>>Pict-Capture 22-396: Brother-Sergeant Laryk; 2nd Squad of the 3rd Company<<<<<

Laryk, one of the 150-odd members surviving the re-entry intro realspace, was a renowned warrior even before the original contingents of the Fire Hawks had been lost in the warp. Reasonably skilled with blade and pistol, he has become somewhat of a prototypical model for a chapter Veteran. While he has not proven himself to be of extraordinary skill in battle, extraordinary for one of the Adeptus Astartes that is, Laryk has displayed a strong sense of valour, honesty and leadership.

Indeed, such is his charisma that he has been considered both for the position of a lieutnant or a chaplain-novice. Laryk has refused both positions on account of the fact that it would keep him away from his men for far too long and that in these times his true skills would be better utilized by remaining a veteran-sergeant.

H4QYzz7.jpg?1

Like many, if not all, of the Survivors, a term the remnants of the original chapter called themselves, Laryk has taken a keen interest in the recorded legacy of his chapter. While quite proud of their long list of victories and their fame in both bladework and smithing, he was appalled by the bitterness and dour demeanour that the Fire Hawks had developed in the time he had been cast adrift in the warp.

Particularly the personal writings of Stibor Lazaerek, the last Chapter Master of the Fire Hawks before their disappearance into the warp, was rife with arrogance and dismissal towards not just other Imperial Generals, but chapter masters and even whole chapters. Though Stibor stood out amongst his peers both as a warrior and a tactician, Laryk would find his character more than appaling and in the silent hours of prayer, the veteran-sergeant mulled over the second chance that his chapter had been given.

GLwmMbl.jpg?1

Laryk knew that pride was wired into all Astartes, in some to a lesser extent than in others, but the Fire Hawks, much to his chagrin, were easily provoked and of an intensely bold and headstrong nature; for better and for worse. As such, in the nearly three and a half millenia since the Survivors' return and the reestablishing of the Fire Hawks chapter, laryk has made it a special point of teaching his battle-brothers the fine, but important distinction between pride and arrogance.

There is no wrong in drawing pride from one's own capacities. A smith should be proud of their work, for it is their work that shapes the galaxy. A swordsman should be proud of his talent, for it is his blade that will turn the tide of many a battle. A ship-mistress should know her worth from the fact alone that it is she who presides over the bridge. Pride is good, for it drives us onwards. However, the very moment we deign to put those down kin because we see them as lesser than ourselves, be that justified or not, we become arrogant and as such belong cast down into the dirt for we forget both the value of our own gifts and the paths that have led us to them.

------------------------------------------------

Hey folks! Thanks for the many kind words!

@Honda: Thanks man! You should totally do that, I feel that the Badab War setting is ideal for that sorta things :smile.:

@Soldier of Dorn: Thanks mate! Good to see you again around these parts!

@Marius Perdo: Thanks! The Umbra Boltgun is taken off one of those blister space marines that were originally released in Japan. It is pretty much the only bolter of that design and size that I know of.....

@sockwithaticket: Cheers!

@Kraad Belak: Thanks a bunch friend! It is always great to hear that such cultural influences and tidbits don't go unnoticed! I always like to research other cultures for such projects as I'd like to invest as much care into those as I do when I give some of my projects a Balkan or Swiss flair :smile.:

So, since we haven't had paint in a while, have the Sergeant fully painted (just missing the base) :wink:
7suttcm.jpg?1

C&C is, as always, much appreciated and welcome! Have a nice day! :smile.:

Archived