Freakiq's Iron Warriors

Freakiq

Painted a test model for Iron Warriors a few months ago that I was pretty happy with, a quick and easy scheme.

Today I painted up a second model (left) to see if I could make it match and I feel it's close enough.

Will try to finish a squad of these over the weekend and maybe try it out on a Dreadnought.

Given up on trying to paint my Sons of Horus models, I'm too much of a perfectionist and after being out of the hobby for a while I feel my skills aren't quite up there, so Iron Warriors it is.

gallery_14033_5574_255217.jpg

Awesome! Love Iron Warriors and I love your scheme.

I'd be very interested if you feel like sharing how you did them. They are some of the best iron Warriors I've ever seen. :)

Thanks for the replies.

Here's how I did the metal:

Basecoated Black, airbrushed Vallejo Gunmetal, zenithal highlight with Vallejo Air Chrome. A 50/50 wash of Nuln Oil and Agrax Earthshade, edge highlight with Runefang Steel and some very thinned down Skrag Brown in some of the recesses to simulate rust.

The yellow is simply Averland Sunset base, covered by Yriel Yellow, highlighted Screaming Skull and washed Seraphim Sepia.

I then painted quite messy lines of Agrax Earthshade where the shoulderpad meets the trim to add shading and grime.

The Eyes are White Scar with a blodletter glaze (sloppily applied around the eye as well), Trollslayer Orange base, smaller patch of Yriel Yellow towards the middle of the lens and a small line of White Scar in the middle.

Thinking about giving them aa simple cracked desert base, maybe a mix of Agrellan Earth with patches of sand.

Not sure yet, but I want something quick and easy so I can keep churning these guys out at a decent pace.

Archived