[Iron Gauntlet] - Index Astartes: Imperial Sons

Kelborn

Idea for why an Adepta Sororitas order follows the Imperial Sons' teachings instead of the Ecclesiarchy:

During the Reign of Blood, Goge Vandire wanted to make an example of the Imperial Sons, for... reasons (he's like that). He appoints a trusted Cardinal in command of some Brides of the Emperor, and sends them to Bastion. Upon meeting the Imperial Sons Commander, the Cardinal has a VERY BAD reaction, as the then Commander wields a C'tan phase sword, which (like all Necron weapons) repels the Warp's influence; this allows the Imperial Sons to expose him as a traitor (either a psyker, or a disguised Daemonhost). Ashamed they allowed a traitor to "pervert" their very reason for being, these future Sisters of Battle decide to fall upon their swords, but an Imperial Sons Chaplain convinces them to continue serving the Emperor in life; as a sign of trust, the Imperial Sons Commander gifts them the C'tan phase sword (the "phantasmal blade" that will become the Order's namesake).

Edited by Bjorn Firewalker

• 3 weeks later...
Now that The Last Jedi has been released, will a Supremacy class self-propelled star fortress/shipyard/manufactory appear in the Imperial Sons' armory? (The Last Jedi: Incredible Cross-Sections states the Supremacy has facilities for mining asteroids, smelting the resulting ore, manufacturing components, and assembling said components into entire Star Destroyers.) Edited by Bjorn Firewalker

I'm desperately waiting for the supporting books to be released in Germany!!

As it stands, I'm intending to create a unique ship like the Supremancy. Not as big for sure but a mixture between a Forge Ship and a Battlecruiser would be decent for them, especially when thinking about their Dark Imperium update.

Their former flagship is the Chimeara, which gets lost on its transit towards Macragge.

I highly appreciate your input, Bjorn! Thank you for that. Right now, I'm working on an 8th edition update for the Imperial Sons, including Primaris, the Indomitus Crusade and a overall restructure of the chapter, etc.

Will drop a note, when I got something to present! :)

• 2 years later...

Liber Astartes

The Imperium returns

It is time to come home! With the Skywalker saga completed,

all necessary pieces, for the great puzzle to implement the idea of

Star Wars into the Warhammer 40K universe, have been gathered.

The Imperial Sons are no more. The devastating outcome of the Great

Rift and the rising tide of the xenos threat left the realm of Bastion ravaged

and scoured. Caught between the ever-expanding T'au empire, the rampaging

Orks and the destructive forces of chaos, mankind is reaching out, praying for salvation.

Their call has been headed. The Lord-Primarch himself, Roboute Guiliman, the awoken son of

the Emperor of mankind, brought the light of hope and the necessary means for retribution: the Indomuts

Crusade. A new chapter of Primaris Space Marines, the newest generation of the Emperor's finest soldiers,

emerged to become the heirs of Galen Diomes, the founding father of the Imperial Sons. Calling themselves

the Eternal Sons, these brave warriors are about to reclaim the lost territories of the newly accepted home. But

first, they must rebuild Bastion, the center of their every attempts and bring the former Imperial Sons to their full

battle readiness...

b3dd9fd9237f3f8e47880e65706cc005.jpg

-----

Well, guess who's back in town?

Edited by Kelborn
added the picture

Is the "Eternal Sons" a renamed Imperial Sons Chapter, or a replacement for the DESTROYED Imperial Sons Chapter? It seems a waste to simply say, "The Imperial Sons are no more," as if to deny all the efforts of these Sons of Guilliman in defending the Imperium and upholding the Imperial Truth.

By the way, can the Eternal Sons count on the Solo and/or Calrissian Rogue Trader dynasties to provide logistical support to battle-brothers fighting across the Imperium?

A renamed Imperial Sons chapter.

The idea is that the IS are nearly extinguished and basically saved by the Indomitus Crusade. Few survived and are the backbones of the newly founded/ renamed chapter, the Eternal Sons. First into Last Order, if you want.

Yeah, that sentence is quite weak, true. Gonna check upon that again.

Stuff like Rogue Traders will be handled with, when I got the ES done and can expand upon their home. But yes, I had something like this in mind. Maybe not too on the nose, though. :)

Let's see... Guilliman= Sidious, fomerly dead, now resurrected to lead the Imperium in its darkest hour.

Calgar= Vader, having remade himself with augmetics (after losing limbs to Tyranid combat forms, the way Anakin lost limbs to more experienced swordsmen) and crossing the Primaris Rubicon (the way Anakin joined the Dark Side of the Force) to better serve his father and master, Guilliman.

Diomes= Snoke, who fought to uphold Imperial ideals and institutions in an age of darkness.

Do you have a Kylo in mind? Maybe an Eternal Sons Captain who wields Custodes sentinel blade- a gift from the Captain-General?

My attempt to create a background for a Kylo Ren equivalent:

When campaigns were fought beyond their anticipated end, the Imperial Sons would resort to hiring Rogue Traders for the additional logistical support the embattled Marines need; the Chapter paid for these services by granting the Rogue Traders the right to seize any spoils the Imperial Sons themselves didn't seize after the battle. Though many Rogue Traders anticipated finding little of value on what were recently battlefields, they saw close relations with Astartes to be far more useful than the relatively paltry sums earned from selling spoils of war.

Hans Corell was one such Rogue Trader, leveraging the Imperial Sons' perception of him as a "useful tool" to have Marines seconded under his command, serving as scouts on his exploratory expeditions, de facto honor guards during diplomatic meetings with planetary governors, and allegedly as an "or else" in business negotiations. In turn, the Imperial Sons exploited the "connections" the Rogue Trader provided, establishing Chapter keeps on planets whose governors dealt with Corell, so the Chapter may recruit from their populace and train for combat on a myriad of environments. One future Imperial Son was recruited from the crew of the Eoraptor, Corell's personal vessel.

Edited by Bjorn Firewalker

Is the "Eternal Sons" a renamed Imperial Sons Chapter, or a replacement for the DESTROYED Imperial Sons Chapter? It seems a waste to simply say, "The Imperial Sons are no more," as if to deny all the efforts of these Sons of Guilliman in defending the Imperium and upholding the Imperial Truth.

By the way, can the Eternal Sons count on the Solo and/or Calrissian Rogue Trader dynasties to provide logistical support to battle-brothers fighting across the Imperium?

A renamed Imperial Sons chapter.

The idea is that the IS are nearly extinguished and basically saved by the Indomitus Crusade. Few survived and are the backbones of the newly founded/ renamed chapter, the Eternal Sons. First into Last Order, if you want.

Yeah, that sentence is quite weak, true. Gonna check upon that again.

Stuff like Rogue Traders will be handled with, when I got the ES done and can expand upon their home. But yes, I had something like this in mind. Maybe not too on the nose, though. :smile.:

I'm a bit confused by all this:huh.: Are the Eternal Sons to be considered a newly founded chapter separate from the Imperial Sons? Are they the resurrected Imperial Sons with a name change? Will they have the same livery and heraldry or some variation? 

There is precedence for the former. The Mentors were founded as a replacement of sorts for the Star Scorpions, believed to have been destroyed in the warp.

Hidden Content
We know differently of course:wink:
They were even assigned the livery of the Star Scorpions. They were unrelated chapters though (probably...… most likely...…. maybe......:unsure.:). Considering the later, other chapters have been resurrected with relatively few survivors. The Celestial Lions come to mind with only a handful of original members. However, I don't recall any changing their chapter's name. I'm not saying that this is a bad idea in any way, I'd just like to see an explanation for it. Considering your theme, something Star Warsy:teehee: would be appropriate.

My attempt to create a background for a Kylo Ren equivalent:

When campaigns were fought beyond their anticipated end, the Imperial Sons would resort to hiring Rogue Traders for the additional logistical support the embattled Marines need; the Chapter paid for these services by granting the Rogue Traders the right to seize any spoils the Imperial Sons themselves didn't seize after the battle. Though many Rogue Traders anticipated finding little of value on what were recently battlefields, they saw close relations with Astartes to be far more useful than what paltry sums could be earned from selling spoils of war.

Hans Corell was one such Rogue Trader, leveraging the Imperial Sons' perception of him as a "useful tool" to have Marines seconded under his command, serving as scouts on his exploratory expeditions, honor guards during diplomatic meetings with planetary governors, and allegedly as an "or else" in business negotiations. In turn, the Imperial Sons exploited the "connections" the Rogue Trader provided, establishing Chapter keeps on planets whose governors dealt with Corell, so the Chapter may recruit from their populace and train for combat on a myriad of environments. One future Imperial Son was recruited from the crew of the Eoraptor, Corell's personal vessel.

I like this idea lots. An alliance with Rogue Traders would be very beneficial to all parties. Serving as an honor guard for a Rogue Trader is pushing the boundaries a bit.