A quest for serenity & The silence below

Dreagher

Hello guys,
With my Angron modell finished and a bunch of new stuff from forgeworld on the way, I thought I would start this blog in order to keep me motivated and to get a bit of c&c from you to see what I could do better.

So for a starter here is my Angron.

Angron finished 3

Angron finished 2

Angron finished 1

Angron

I might not be able to present something new every week but I will try to give an update as often as possible.

Currently working on my 3rd tactical squad in order to be able to try out berserker assault.

Tactical Squad 3 WIP

Yes they are only nine, the last guy is currently hiding in shame as I seem unable to find his base.

Got some work done on my tac. squad.

Tactical Squad 3 WIP

Started basing and added the shoulder pads, aswell as some highlighting.

And because noone needs a structered work order I build a dreadclaw. :D (pics will follow)

Nice one. :tu:

Washes are great for defining details, one really good place to look at this kind of thing is the Warhammer TV mini-tutorials, they are some really nice but pretty easy techniques.

Look forward to seeing more of these. 

• 2 weeks later...

Finally got some more work done on my Butchers.

A group shot

Red Butchers

And some closeups

The Devoured

Butcher Nr. 1

Butcher Nr. 2

Butcher Nr. 3

Butcher Nr. 4

Sadly some of the effects don't really work in the pictures.. Taking them is still my Achilles heel. :D

Next will be my dreadclaw.

Dreadclaw WIP

At the moment it is based and all the legs are magnetised so that it will be somewhat transportable.

I think the Butchers are already looking pretty cool, but I'd say you need to do something to shade the armour and provide more depth to it. If I may make a suggestion, based on my own 30k World Eaters, a black wash (say, Nuln Oil) mixed with quite a lot of Lahmian Medium (about 60% Medium, 40% wash should do the trick) and maybe the tiniest drop of brown wash thrown into the mix makes for an excellent and quick shade that can go all over the model and add quite a bit of depth. And since it's lighter and behaves slightly differently from a wash, it won't dry on flat surfaces in that horrible, splotchy way.

@KrautScientist I will definitly try that If your models are an example of how it looks.

@Venator I can't say how it is compared to a spartan as mine is still unbilt. The hardest part was definitly gluing the resin parts were the lower part of the door is, apart from that it isn't that bad. Also it is quite easy to magnetise the legs. So in short if you like it get one!

I really need to take better photos... (I already started adding those, but I am tempted to do some more)

Tried KrautSientists painting tipp.

So now the updated Red Butchers with a bit more red.

Red Butchers

The Devoured

Red Butcher 4

Red Butchers 3

Red Butcher 2

Red Butcher 1

And I also worked on my dreadclaw.

Dreadclaw Drop pod

Dreadclaw Drop pod

I am really glad that I magnetised it or else it would have already brocken several times. I really should be more carefull.

Started my 4th Tactical squad. In order to have a bit more boots on the ground.

Tactical Squad 4

After writing a list for a few pick-up games I needed a Apothecarius, so here is the newest member of the 121st company, Arko.

Apothecarius

Apothecarius

Update on the Land Raider.

Land Raider

My first time using etched brass.

@Doghouse Thanks! I had quite some luck during the first round and the last two turns were a bit of a slaughter, with only a soh-rhino left standig.

Because my medic looked a bit lonly, I decided to build a Primus Medicae/Gahlan Surlak modell.

Primus Medicae/Gahlan Surlak

Primus Medicae/Gahlan Surlak

And seeing that I am a bit light on anti-tank and because they look cool I'm also working on a 8 man heavy support squad with lascannons.

Heavy Support Squad WIP

Archived