Welcome to The Bolter and Chainsword
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

The Battle of Murska Airbase: 6K SM vs BT & GK 3/25/17

Apocalypse Space Marines November Warriors Black Templars Chapter Grey Knights Chapter

• Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

NovemberIX

NovemberIX

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 685 posts
  • Chapter Name: November Warriors
Some may have noticed that Honda and I have been gently ribbing each other about their imminent destruction. This will get updated randomly, and hopefully I'll have a fun battle report when all is said and done.

So the set up:

1 v 2 6000 points a side, played on an asymetrical 10x6  table (with a bit of an appendage)

Objectives include:
A radar/communications Facility
Flight Control Tower
Promethium Fueling  and Storage
Command And Control Center
An Underground Relic Vault hidden inside a set of large ruins.

ED8EA3B4-3A12-4CFF-8542-4DD2BADC7A91_zps

538DBC4D-CC9D-4698-8611-82B76A59A75C_zps

142BBBFB-E5D6-4E08-A9B6-88D04FF18D7E_zps

C0674C7F-4BFD-47CB-BA0B-1A8F173CBDD6_zps

Stay Tuned!
  • Wolf Lord Kieran, Honda and mactire like this

Brother Sefiel

Brother Sefiel

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 970 posts

Greetings

Like the cathedral - we have one in our local shop, but not done as well.

Also, what manufacturer are the non-GW buildings?

Things are not always as they seem. Your friend today is your enemy tomorrow.

NovemberIX

NovemberIX

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 685 posts

The game just ended, but I'll hold off on any spoilers just yet until we get all the photos corralled and ordered. But, it was a fun game, very intense, both sides were worried about getting tabled, and we had some great cinematic moments. Much thanks to El Jeffe and Honda for traveling over here for a game and being such great sports. Even if they did blow up a bunch of my stuff ;)

Brother Sefiel to answer your question, those are by Pegasus hobbies, as part of their Gothic building set. The Cathedral was actually built by Honda (thank you again!) I am super pleased with it, he's got a pics up in his thread over in the BT forum.

NovemberIX

NovemberIX

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 685 posts

So let's start this off. Murska Airbase is a forward operations airbase of the November Warriors built to act as a departure point for relics found in the local area. Specifically, a stasis vault full of goodies found inside a building that had seen better days. Inside the stasis vault were weapons and technology that dated back to the Heresy Era and maybe even the days before that. Having tussled with the Ordo Malleus previously, and knowing that they now knew that the November Warriors were in possession of some fairly potent tools, preparations were made to abandon the base. While the majority of the relics were evacuated, Forge Lord Abielle was forced to stay behind, waiting for heavy transport craft to arrive for the Fellblades Unsung War and Liberation of Gracemeria, and the Knights of the House Garaipena.

At 6000 points a side, we played a modified attacker/defender scenario. The belligerents were the Black Templars and Grey Knights which acted as a single allied force commanded by Honda and el Jeffe, the November Warriors were on our own with only me to attempt to lead them. 6 buildings were chosen as the objectives, their points value would only be decided once they were "discovered" by roll of a d3. Objectives could be destroyed, though the points they earned would not be wiped out. As an aside, this battle report will be mostly presented from the point of view of the Warriors as the protagonists. I believe Honda will be writing up a battle report of his own to show how the lost bakers and their shiny friends felt about what happened. So with my snark tank full, lets get agoing.

TURN 1: Top Half.

EFF9A7DA-3273-4527-836C-7D949AF05D3E_zps

6CC684A4-2D7C-4831-A9C7-451249387D26_zps

So I will say right now, I really hate null deployments. As a tactic it makes total sense, but being on the receiving end is never fun, especially when you have to nearly full deploy and lose a whole turn of shooting. The Unsung War deployed near the main control tower, assisted by a Techmarine a pair of servitors, and a dreadnought. The Knights Epochia Fadi and Temporia Junah just forward of the step down. The Deredeo was meant to act as extra bit of air defense along with a Lascannon Mortis Dreadnought on the control tower itself. The Liberation of Gracemeria deployed across from the Adminstratum tower and Supply depot, near the promethium fueling facility (Soon to be modeled as your local Proxxon ;p) another techmarine and servitors, and a pair of Mortis Contemptors, including the Reverie of Akerson Hill, a dose of double multi-melta. The Sicaran deployed near the Admin tower. The Knight Gallant Tempris Seguna and three more mortis dreadnoughts (two autocannon and one missile) rounded out the deployed forces.

Turn 1: Bottom Half

88458BB1-F93C-4C2A-9070-E841A4D73036_zps

1B42ABF5-5DD9-4A5D-9174-A1338297D54E_zps (sorry for the blurryness of this shot)

In came the airforces of the silver book club and the angriest apron wearers. Yes, that is a Ceastus assault ram, yes it is ramming my littl'st dreadnought. So not only did they bring in their 5 ravens and a Fireraptor, they also brought a Baneblade (a Doomhammer variant I believe) which proceed to leave most of my dread either shaken or stunned. A Dreadknight also found it's way down and took control of the supply depot objective.

09F18C83-348A-4242-BB41-800BB7E2C503_zps

Honda was very insistent on ramming the dreadnought, I can say I blamed him, because it led to this.

A98C8585-F6F6-4006-9332-D14C8CD31C90_zps

But not only did they kill Dready, the lil'st dreadnought, they also killed my Sicaran, which didn't even get to fire a shot.

91A96F58-E822-4595-AEA3-D57713442553_zps

TURN 2: Top Half

Here's the thing. CAP is a wonderful thing, because the November Warriors mustered a complete airwing deployment. The Wardog fighter squadron (really just a pair of Storm Talons, a Xiphon, and a Nephilim counts as Xiphon)  and a Storm Raven deployed on the southern edge of the battlefield behind the first wave of attackers, taking down multiple Storm Ravens immediately, killing the mounted squads.

423F04CE-396C-4A3A-81AA-2B847F649868_zps

785C1314-57A3-4995-89AB-BB325E874073_zps

On the eastern side a Storm Raven hovered into the relic vault and dropped off a Siege Dreadnought, with a Storm Eagle and Fire Raptor coming in to engage the Templars Fire Raptor. Which it did kill. The Templars Red Raven was velocity locked after it dropped off it's charged into the communications facility in the previous turn.

TURN 2: Bottom Half

BA2BCE17-F877-4D1C-8D10-4952B52DACFE_zps

The Battle at this point was fully in the favor of the Novemberine. We had destroyed or chased off their transports, but this is where they bag the swing back. Grey Knight squads began to deploy towards opportune vulnerabilities, holding the Fueling facility, the Supply Depot and the Relic vault. Templars started their quest to occupy objectives with squads in the admin building, the Communications building, and just outside the relic vault as well.

3BEBF1B6-2920-4B76-A1A6-9472B6766939_zps

08B63182-4AC0-4601-9FDC-B4503D3CEE28_zps

This would also be when Honda and his angry baklava boys re-enaged the November Warriors Air Wing. A pair of Storm Talons and a pair of Caestus. They took out the Xiphon of Solo-Wing Pixy, and one of the Talons.

TURN 3: Top Half

In the sense of Numerics, the Baking Bad and their Ricky Shroeder friends had won. There was no way for the Warriors to contest all the objectives they held in the time left. So with a heavy heart, Forge Lord Abielle activated the Axe Fall protocol. The Admin building was brought down before the BT could claim it's secrets...

9A72DF5D-D991-4398-AE58-3E4C4CDFEBC8_zps

To be Continued....

• Honda and Marshal Mattias like this

Honda

Honda

++ HOSTICUS PLAUSTRUM ++

• ++ MODERATI ++
  • 5,356 posts
  • Chapter Name: Black Templars

Possibly my favorite picture of all time. :)

09F18C83-348A-4242-BB41-800BB7E2C503_zps

• Marshal Mattias likes this

gallery_15184_7227_34669.jpg

"All those rumors about us being intolerant and stubborn really just evolved from our history. We're actually just a fun bunch of guys who enjoy burning witches" - Anon

NovemberIX

NovemberIX

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 685 posts

I am not at all surprised that you would favor the last moments of Dready, the lil'st dreadnought. T'was his first ever battle, and he was cut down in his prime msn-wink.gif

It is with apologies I begin by saying this half of the report will be a little less structured than the first half. Most of these turns happen after lunch, when much of the game was in the balance, photos start to come at a premium, and recollections are more of the moments of back and forth, the laughter and the extreme laughter from only needing a pair of twos, and rolling snake eyes msn-wink.gif

Last we left off, it was the start of turn 3, the BT/GK forces had killed my mortis dreads who acted as AA, downed the Xiphons and a Storm Raven, entered the Administratum records building and were about to assault into the relic vault as well, activating the Axe Fall Protocol.

283BD5AC-CFF6-47DA-92FD-21A10C2FCD38_zps

Honda had also thrown his flying bricks back into the fray, unfettered by any sort of CAP. In an attempt to deny the OpFor their goal, the knight Tempris Seguna moved forward to engage the two knight titans. The Fellblade Liberation of Gracemeria wasn't able to provide much in the way of fire support since it needed to clear a squad of GK hanging out behind the engine block.

5BC4E614-4446-4BBA-92C7-A8D1AF7C5B7D_zps

2931D645-36D4-4008-ADC7-C1203F56ED71_zps

(The Administratum was brought down by a shot from Epochia Fadi's thermal cannon, dead on and unstoppable, it was cleared in a single hit.)

141E91B6-AED4-43FA-8E25-4246BE19F7A1_zps

As Turns 3nd 4 went from top to bottom Axe Fall in full effect also brought down the Fuel Depot. The Knight Tempris Seguna charged into the Dreadknights and paid for it. A BT Land Speeder that had been hanging about had also been killed off by an Ironclad's hunter killer missiles.  But the combined forces of the BT and GK shrugged that off and got kills on the siege dreadnought in the relic vault, and the Mortis Melta Contemptor Reverie of Akerson Hill. Still though, the Novemberine were able to resist and bring down the Communications hub with the combined efforts of the Fellblade Unsung War and the Thermal Cannon of Temporia Junah (in our excitement we forgot to get a picture of this, my apologies.) The GK behind the fellblades were cleared out thanks to the efforts of the bastion mounted Deredeo and Kheres Mortis Contemptor dreadnoughts. Unfortunately some of the Silverware guys deployed right near the door to get  into the control tower.

7A412B53-9767-4559-B2F3-6D06F1ECC46E_zps

B575B4FD-1D6C-4DC8-8B7D-3B0FBE9C326D_zps

DA7A565B-2700-4BF7-AB51-E949E86A9FE6_zps

895103AD-E742-423A-9369-431D925E2D68_zps

589145F1-3E57-4E06-A7B3-46CA62F3C15E_zps

By this point, most of the buildings had been downed, the fuel depot was alight (un-thankfully the advanced fire-retardant systems kicked in and only caused a small blast, not even singing the paint on the baneblade blasting away next to it.)

All that remained was the relic vault, which the confederated forces of the Grey Knights and Black Templars had yet to realize contained the real riches that they had wanted. 

83F495DD-E930-4ED8-B9A9-82D1ABAD0E96_zps

Taking a page from the November playbook the GK would drop the bastion that the Kheres Mortis Contemptor had been perched on top of.

7DC1AF80-E795-486A-B280-72624F7A9B92_zps

3876BA8E-D620-4151-B542-E146D7E3098E_zps

The Liberation of Gracemeria would face off with it's Malleus counterpart, and the combined forces of a pair of Caestus Assault Rams.

To be Continued...

As before, please check out Honda's take on the battle report, his is much more factual and has an easier to follow play by play!

• Honda likes this

NovemberIX

NovemberIX

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 685 posts

Turn 5 had arrived, and with it, the fear of time running out. The Relic vault still stood, and with it, access to a November IX chronometric device. But for as much as it was necessary to bring the building down, the issue of the BT Caestus' still loomed. They were moving to intercept Epochia Fadi.

970F3175-D7B9-4D96-9B76-8306BF4EC1DD_zps

But that wouldn't stop the Unsung War and Temporia Junah from completing the Axe-Fall protocol, heavy fire poured into the heart of the relic vault, bringing it down on the heads of the amassed Templars.

43D2393E-5376-4EB5-8024-BCD0B8C0DA3B_zps

With regret though, this was the last action of the Unsung war as it was assaulted and then destroyed by GK forces.

299566F2-0DEB-4CCA-815C-4E20036590ED_zps

89BE047E-2804-43C1-BC9E-8A50A5201409_zps

Soon after The Liberation of Gracemeria was destroyed by heavy shelling from the Orangutan friends league super heavy tank. Even so, the November Warriors had completed their emergency objective.

B644B03B-8A04-4C88-A972-488D4125D218_zps

D9C44997-7F34-4259-8C26-D67E1A2D3E7A_zps

0BF7F7C3-9EB2-4477-9BF0-C44A391C98FC_zps

D18CC121-571F-44BA-9BEB-2B4EBE7BC6A6_zps

2C8C89EE-7948-4CDF-86AD-337BA88512F5_zps

The actual finally score was I believe 28-6 in favor of the BT and GK. The game took near abouts 8 hours to play through, but it felt like a very quick game for the most part, the only slow down occurred in the later half as the rush to complete the axe-fall became really tight. Honda and el Jefe pretty much knew what I was doing as soon as I started, but once I started to bring down buildings there was very little they could do. Ironically we all felt the other could table us rather easily. I was scarred of how many bodies they could bring out, that pair of flying bricks, and the big boomer banging around the back field. They were worried about how many hull points I had, and what the Iron Hands Chapter Tactics would synergize with that. As always there were a few critical rolls that could have changed the course of the game  one of which actually did something funky to the power as it spun on the table like a top! For what seemed like an unbalanced slug fest, it really did show it's own sorta balance in the end.

Much thanks to Honda and el Jefe for coming over and playing a great game, it's always a blast to try and match wits and luck, I'm glad they let me do this funky table, and bring out 6000 points all my lonesome (which let me reiterate, it's a total blast!) and I look forward to our next game coming up! Until then, this is NovemberIX signing off, well not signing off, I'm probably gonna go do some more Iron Gauntlet reading!

Brother Sefiel

Brother Sefiel

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 970 posts

Nice, cheers sir!

Things are not always as they seem. Your friend today is your enemy tomorrow.

Brother Clavero

Brother Clavero

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 153 posts

Very nice! Thank you for sharing!

And if 'heresy' lies in considering their atrophied carrion-god detestable then yes, I suppose I qualify there also.

Covenant Of Caliban Banner

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Apocalypse, Space Marines, November Warriors, Black Templars Chapter, Grey Knights Chapter

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users