Recon company scout army?

nusphigor

Hi all!

It's been a while since i last logged in, life happened.

But finally i have some time for the hobby and the heresy.

When i was away i had an idea, to field a scout army using the recon company rite of war, but then i thought: which legion is the best one to use all of the bonuses you get for recon armour and the rite of war?

Of course raven guard seems like a no brainer at first, but you have two instances of infiltration, and that seems to me like a waste.

Alpha legion too, but the other handy rule would be scout and recon armour gives that too :/

So i thought i might ask you guys, which legion would you use?

Cheers!

I use the Recon Company RoW quite often with my XXth legion, though I never swap for Recon Armour, keeping the Power Armour on the recon squads instead and even upgrading the Sergeants to Artificer.

In addition to my three recon squads I tend to bring to outflanking units of sniper vets to supplement my troops.

Since the RoW forces me to place heavy support units in reserve, I forego those entirely, and instead deploy a LoW choice.

Skorr as my HQ allows me to select my (strategic) warlord trait, which in combination with Mutable Tactics offers an immense spectrum of customisation to adapt to the mission at hand.

Maybe SoH or IF's depending on how you arm your squads increased BS is kinda nice.

The SoH The Edge of the Spear and Merciless Fighters can be helpful if you have anything in reserve and if you get into a scrap... SoH Recon Company with a Vigilator and a Damocles could be nice, reroll 1's and +/-1 on reserve roll's with all units with Scout or Infiltrate also gaining Shrouded on their first game turn

I use the Recon Company RoW quite often with my XXth legion, though I never swap for Recon Armour, keeping the Power Armour on the recon squads instead and even upgrading the Sergeants to Artificer.

In addition to my three recon squads I tend to bring to outflanking units of sniper vets to supplement my troops.

Since the RoW forces me to place heavy support units in reserve, I forego those entirely, and instead deploy a LoW choice.

Skorr as my HQ allows me to select my (strategic) warlord trait, which in combination with Mutable Tactics offers an immense spectrum of customisation to adapt to the mission at hand.

What do you equip your recon squads with? Sniper rifles? Or something else? And what size do you have them?

What do you equip your recon squads with? Sniper rifles? Or something else? And what size do you have them?

Two to three units of 5 each, with x4 sniper rifle plus sergeant w. Artificer & combi plasma to eat bullets after he's fired his plasma one-shot.

One unit of eight w. bolt pistols & CCW, sergeant w. Artificer, Fist & Dagger in a Rhino. These'll be joined by an apothecary and Skorr.

Archived