BA 3000pts do I have enough Anti Armour?

Master of Asgard

Hey ladies and gentlemen,

I'm looking at putting together a list mostly with what I already have. I just need to buy Prospero, the Sicaran and the Rhinos to complete it.

However, I haven't played many games of 30k so my big question is do I have enough anti armour for a typical 3000pts game? (local meta nonwithstanding of course). Anyway here's the list:

HQ

-Praetor with jump pack, inferno pistol, perdition blade, iron halo

-Medicae with jump pack, inferno pistol, perdition blade, artificer armour

-5 Command squad with jump packs, power swords

Elites

-Contemptor Mortis with TL lascannons

-Contemptor Mortis with 2 kheres AC, havoc launcher

-Mortis Dreadnought with 2 TL autocannons

-3 apothecaries with 1 jump pack, 1 power sword, 1 combi

Troops

-20 tactical marines with vexilla, artificer armour and melta bomb(1 naked apothecary attached)

-10 assault marines with combat shields, 2 power axes, sgt with artificer armour and power fist

-10 assault marines with 2 power swords, sgt with artificer armour and power fist (apothecary with jump pack and power sword attached)

-10 support marines with flamers and rhino

Fast Attack

-5 seekers with rhino (apothecary with combi attached)

Heavy support

-10 support marines with missile launchers

-Sicaran battle tank with ceramite, 2 lascannons

This leaves me with 100 points to scatter upgrades around, or maybe get a cheap(er) consul. But I'm worried that the only unit I have that's really effective against AV14 with ceramite is the lascannon mortis (and to a very lesser extent the missile launcher squad).

What are your thoughts on the matter?

Short of finding ways to add in more lascannons, the obvious answer to needing an anti AV14 Ceramite weapon is getting a Vindicator in, and I'd be more tan willing to cut a few men out of the ML squad to fit it in.

Beyond that it looks a pretty solid list.

I think that's a good call, 5 man seeker squad isn't going to do much while a venator certainly will.

Also I think your assault marine squads are two small, the ideal size for those units really is 15 with 3 power weapons. Tacticals don't add much to the list so you could easily drop them for mroe assault marines.

Take all of these suggestions with a grain of salt - In the end, play how you want to play - but since you asked :

From memory, your Medicae can't actually take a Blade of Perdition.
Blade of Perdition can only be taken by Praetor/Consul with access to a Power Fist, which a Medicae does not have.
I'd probably swap the Medicae out for a normal Apothecary with Jump Pack, then try and fit a Chaplain with BoP/Jump Pack in the squad as well. Those rerolls will come in handy, as will having 2 chars with AP2 @ initiative (and fearless just in case).

As has been said, I'd prefer to run my Assault squads @ 15 members with 3 axes (I've actually found combat shields to be really handy, especially when you have Apothecaries to double up on saves.)

I'd look at dropping the seekers and getting a Venator (Also a Vindicator Laser Destroyer if points allow) - Those 2 will answer most of your AV problems.

I'd probably also re-evaluate your Dreads - 3 shooty dreads seems a bit much to me - The Mortis would be the first I'd look at chopping.

I'm no sure for the Medicae, I only have the old book but I couldn't find anything saying he couldn't take a power fist in there. Still, I can save a lot of points by swapping him with a normal apothecary.

I appreciate that the list isn't ideal but it's also based on the models I already have. For example I have at least 15 of my tactical marines and the mortis dread already painted for 40k so I'd rather keep them in the list! Same for the assault marines, I have 10 MK ii jump packs for one squad and I don't really want to buy any more because they're so expennsive.

I will definitely have the points for a vindicator, plus the model looks awesome.

My question now is power swords vs power axes on the assault marines. I've already got one squad built with swords but I could easily reconvert them to have axes. But my thinking was that seeing as the apothecary can only take a sword, it would be a better synergy to give everyone swords. Otherwise I could drop the swords on the apothecaries and give the sergeant an axe too to maximise his attacks and save 40 points.

Those 40 points would nearly let me get a Xiphon in stead of the vindicator...

Venator is solid choice as you see superheavies at 3k. It can shut them down. Laser vindi are also good anti armour.

Drop the normal sic for the venator and the seekers with spare points for laser vindi or two?.

Archived