Cybernetica 2K - Tournament

Aethyran

Hi folks

Entering a local tournament during the summer, would very much like to hear your thoughts on my following 2000point list: 

-HQ- Standard HQ, get Scoria in ASAP! Magos to keep the cortex within range. 
Anacharis Scoria (315)

Xanathite Abeyant 

Magos Dominus (75)

-Troops- Thralls hold rear objectives, Darkfire Castellax anti-tank and heavy infantry (Scoria accompanying the one unit), Mauler Castellax surge up

20x Tech Thralls (140)
Carapace Armour, Induction Chargers, Las-Lock, Revenant Alchemistry, Rite of Pure Thought

2x Castellax (280)

Darkfire Cannons, Enhanced Targeting, Bolters

2x Castellax (250)

Darkfire Cannons, Bolters

2x Castellax (210)

Bolt Cannons, Bolters

-Fast Attack- Cogs deep, get to CC ASAP. Ideally I would've icluded my second vultarax but limited on points so it'll be more of an annoyance buzzing around. 

2x Arlatax (370)

Arc Scourge

The Homonculex (185)

Arc Scoruge

Vultarax (175)

Get your cogs out!

I like the list Aethyran! I would be tempted to split the Thralls into two if they are to be your scoring units - or try and get another squad (perhaps 15 in each depending on points?) to bolster that. I would also consider moving the last Castellax unit to merge into the other two, just for greater ablative wounds with Scoria. I really like the theme of the list and combat potential, so would love to hear how you get on!

The list looks pretty darn good. About the only recommendation I have is to try and squeeze in your second Vulterax. My duo I keep in my 2000 point Cybernetica erase armor so nicely I can't help but make them an auto include. 

P.S. Those domitars look sick! Any chance I could get a paint guide? The bronze looks glorious?

The list looks pretty darn good. About the only recommendation I have is to try and squeeze in your second Vulterax. My duo I keep in my 2000 point Cybernetica erase armor so nicely I can't help but make them an auto include. 

P.S. Those domitars look sick! Any chance I could get a paint guide? The bronze looks glorious?

Thanks Enigami! 

Been thinking the same! Trouble is the space and I found a single Arlatax can't do much especially vs....Custodes.... 

Re the paint job, its layers of copper, pale gold (both alclad), wash of agrax earth/nuln oil (not spelt over the table yet!), tidy with gloss black. All over a black basecoat/gloss black undercoat. The wash of agrax dulls the gold as it can look like this.

17635089_10154681498444285_5618669274105

I like the list Aethyran! I would be tempted to split the Thralls into two if they are to be your scoring units - or try and get another squad (perhaps 15 in each depending on points?) to bolster that. I would also consider moving the last Castellax unit to merge into the other two, just for greater ablative wounds with Scoria. I really like the theme of the list and combat potential, so would love to hear how you get on!

Thanks Chaeron

Had a couple practice games and, ended far to close on points as I lacked scoring units. Unfortunately I have exactly 20 thralls, and by the time pay day arrives will be too late.

Next time for sure! 

Archived