Helsreach Video

I'm very happy for him, he obviously is very talented and has earned a shot at this.

Like others, I do hope he eventually gets to finish Helsreach.

I really do like the new "primaris" GW, they're doing so many things right for the community this go around.

It's hard to imagine...what  five years ago we'd be seeing the things we've seen in the past 2-3.

Bravo GW.

He also affirmed that about a dozen times in the live stream last night.

More specifically he said the following...

The long wait was caused by 3 things.

1) the live action guardsman short

2) making the trailer for the GW backed "Angel's of Death" series

3) the helsreach Finale is monumental, as it is the capstone of the whole 2 year project.

*edit he also blamed his engine which has served through the whole project but is "2011" tech and is pushed to the limits St this point and will be retired after helsreach is concluded*

He is on vacation soon which he will dedicate entirely to finishing the helsreach finale. "it will be finished in 2018" idk if he meant the work, or that it would be released in 2018 as well.

He also said he will do the epilogue, and it will pay homage to the prologue art style.

On a side note, he related the story of the first time ADB contacted him. He got a phone call.

"hi is this Richard Boyland who did the helsreach video series?"

"yes it is..."

"yeah, I'm contacting you on behalf of GW legal..."

*heart falls out of arse*

Hahaha. I almost died laughing. That was brilliant! Cruel yet brilliant!

This is great news all around. This lore and universe has been screaming for visual adaptation since I began in 003.M3. I'm ecstatic that the Helsreach project will be allowed to be completed, that it attracted positive attention from the creators, and that GW has finally realized that this could only serve to help their brand.

Congratulations on your successes Richard. We all eagerly await your work!

• 2 weeks later...

Pure Greatness, Epicness, Glory and Dedication.... in a trailer.... what a journey it has been! <3

Does it really have to end? There's still the tale of the Celestial Lions. :wink:

• 2 weeks later...

I am an obedient servant of the Emperor.

He is the source of my ZEAL.

I am his righteous instrument.

He fuels my rage and directs my wrath.

I am not to question his ways, only to place my faith in he who directs my steps.

He is the light with which I shall banish the shadows.

I will purify this unholy galaxy in his name and for his eternal glory.

IMPERATOR VULT!

• 3 weeks later...

"I feel anger now, hot and heavy, flowing through my heart and into my limbs like boiling poison. My hands curl into fists. I am strong. Born only to slay for the Emperor and the Imperium. I am pure; wearing the blackest of the black; trained to serve as a spiritual guide as well as a war leader. I am wroth incarnate, living to kill only until finally, killed. I am a weapon, in the eternal crusade to forge humanity's mastership of the stars."

"I feel anger now, hot and heavy, flowing through my heart and into my limbs like boiling poison. My hands curl into fists. I am strong. Born only to slay for the Emperor and the Imperium. I am pure; wearing the blackest of the black; trained to serve as a spiritual guide as well as a war leader. I am wroth incarnate, living to kill only until finally, killed. I am a weapon, in the eternal crusade to forge humanity's mastership of the stars."

I play the epilogue on gym days when I try to find an excuse to not go. Grimaldus always provides the proper motivation to strengthen my resolve and my body to better slay the foes of mankind.

The entire thing was cool, but one of the coolest parts was actually seeing the Sisters on screen. They get so little attention compared to the Guard and the Astartes that it was a real treat to see them even playing a supporting role in the final battle. 

Great series overall. I can't wait to see what's next for Mr. Boylan. 

The entire thing was cool, but one of the coolest parts was actually seeing the Sisters on screen. They get so little attention compared to the Guard and the Astartes that it was a real treat to see them even playing a supporting role in the final battle.

Great series overall. I can't wait to see what's next for Mr. Boylan.

This. I enjoyed reading the book and have reread it couple of times now but seeing Sisters animated, no matter how briefly was joyful ^_^

A very fitting end to what has been a brilliant book in animated form.

Archived