Helsreach Video

You watched the last one in order Honda?!

Don't be silly, anyone can do that.

I started at minute 27:35, then jumped back to 11:53 before heading over to the credits, then starting around  00:07.

This.... *hush Kel, it is ok* ...is the glorious end of a journey I'll forever be grateful to have witnessed it from the beginning to the end. :cry:

It was exactly like I first read Helsreach back in the days, when the world seemed ok and I just started to dig into this wonderous franchise known as Warhammer 40K.

The style is unique in its own. Astartes got a near perfect animations, etc. but this...THIS is perfection in its own way. The way the style changed and became more clear the more tensed up the war got. The use of color, the addition of gold to the black/white armor.

I cannot wait until my boy is old enough to watch this one. It is an example of what one can achieve, if he's willing. And in giving us this masterpiece, he was well-deserved rewarded, as well.

Thank you, Richard.

For Helsreach!

Because its an ordinatus? They have tracks. I don't recall any case of them being described ever as not having them

Except Oberon, it was specifically described by Jurisian as having suspensor lift technology, that alone made it the most valuable piece of equipment on the planet, nova cannon notwithstanding. (In fact, the little bit of vox from Jurisian in the video mentions the suspensor lift.)

I thought it pretty clear, the description exactly is "Jurisian knew [these] were the gravitational suspensor generators, shielded behind yet more armour plating. Anti-gravitational technology on such a scale was no longer heard of in the Imperium, except for the deployment of war machines of this calibre. These generators made them the most precious thing on the entire planet, bar nothing." 

Later, when he turns it on it says "In the drive section, Jurisian lurched in his seat. he hadn't jolted forward, but up. Five metres up."

It's nothing to detract from the rest of the story, but it bugged me. I loved the idea of a muhassive hover tank bearing the sawn-off shotgun of void weaponry.

Let's not go crazy over the finer details. It is probably much harder to get/make a model for a hovering version of something you could more easily get a model for. In my mind, it was hovering, It was simply easier to portray the vehicle as tracked.

Dear Richard Boylan, (If you are reading this)

My brothers hit some of the fine details of the end of this series, and cannot be blamed for it. We, as you already know, are a passionate bunch to our Chapter and lore. I, however, will not nit-pick the details.

What I will do is salute this conclusion to your work in bringing this story to life for all to actually see. For a lot of people, they don't understand why the lore of 40k speaks to us in the way that it does, and I'm sure this series is the "ah-ha!" moment for many. The Black Templars are done proud by your work. I, for one, love the way you transitioned back to the sketch style at the beginning and end, lending credence to my view that all is black  and white until battle sharpens the senses to full color and clarity. I don't think it could be visualized any better.

I have both looked forward to and dreaded this moment when it was concluded. Even though I have read the story many times, I couldn't wait to see the end with more than my imagination (vivid as it is). I dreaded it because I knew there would be no more when it was done. So, it is bittersweet to see the end.

But that is war. There will be other battles to fight in the future, but you always remember your first engagement with vivid clarity.

I, we all, look forward to your next work as you move on with GW's blessing (and support?) in what is sure to be another great series illustrating this universe that we all hold such passion for. You have come a long way over the course of this story, and as I've seen your Q&A over the holidays, I look forward to the future of the visualization of the 40k stories, whether they are works like another lore story or entirely original. We all know it will be exceptional.

You have developed a following with us. Speaking for myself, I will eagerly await what is in store next. Best of luck, Richard.

-Ryan

@SBR: That is one of the more eloquent statements I've ever read. Well done brother.

And to Richard Boylan, thank you from the bottom of my heart for all of your efforts, blood, sweat, and tears. My offer still stands, if you ever get to my part of Texas, there is a steak here with your name on it.

Until the end.

I remember when he started the series, I saw until the 3rd video. Now I've watched it again in one run.

Perfect. I don't have enough words to praise it, it's just perfect.

Big thanks to Richard Boylan for his hard work, this will get engraved in our minds.

The most impressive thing is that the project was actually completed.  Most series like this get shut down or the creator gets bored before the conclusion :teehee:

I feel it all peaked at the speech on the wall, to be honest.  It got a bit Michael Bay-ish as time went on.  I was a touch surprised by the voice acting from time to time as well.  The battle cry of No Pity, No Remorse, No Fear was sorta...calm, compared to what I expected. 

Still, overall a good watch, and well done.  Congrats to Richard for catching GW's attention and landing a job with all this. :thumbsup:

And yes, I am impossible to please, but most of you already know this.  There's a reason I put the quote from BCK in my sig :tongue.:

Keep in mind the voice acting was straight from the audio book so can't really complain about that.

Yup, I know.  I wasn't blaming Richard for that bit.  Still, it surprised me, but not as much as Helbrecht's voice.  :teehee:

Keep in mind the voice acting was straight from the audio book so can't really complain about that.

Yup, I know. I wasn't blaming Richard for that bit. Still, it surprised me, but not as much as Helbrecht's voice. :teehee:

You mean Skeletor? :lol:

Archived