Helsreach Video

With the exception of the scene showing how Yarrick lost his arm (BTW, AWSOME!), it seems he's taking large parts out of the story that don't directly deal with Grimaldus or his command squad being an integral part. We'll see if this holds true over the course of the videos.

Even scenes with Grim and friends present are cut down considerably in terms of dialogue.  Artistic license, and practicality.  Aside from one or two lines or scenes I wish were present (Grim dragging his mace along the wall as he moved towards Priamus, 'First blood to Helsreach' on the wall) it doesn't bother me, and works quite well actually.  Part 7 is still far and away the best of the lot thus far :D

Well, in any film endeavor, there is always a balance between the director ("we need more film!") and the producer ("yeah, your budget is _ and I want to see _").

This is "his" vision. He is taking bite sized chunks and producing a credible interpretation of the book so far. The fact that he's doing short cuts means he can only get so much story into a segment. So let us keep in mind that he's probably doing this on his own dime and so has to be careful how much he tries to bite off at one time.

Is it perfect? Nope, but then nothing is...even if "you" were doing it.

Is he doing a great job so far? Absolutely.

We can only hope that he is pacing himself so that he gets to finish what he started. The enormity of what he has undertaken should not be underestimated.

• 1 month later...

Hearing the guy's occupational history was...interesting.  Starts with "I work for EA," which earned an immediate shudder of distaste, followed up by "Bioware," earning a giddy little cheer, and finally "Andromeda," summoning the tears of sympathy.  But at least that answers how he can do all this stuff on his own.

I'm amazed he was going to exclude Andrej from the series.  How?!  Andrej is..just, how?!  At least he changed his mind. :D

I'm amazed he was going to exclude Andrej from the series.  How?!  Andrej is..just, how?!  At least he changed his mind. :biggrin.:

Removing Andrej would cut out huge portions of the book and save him huge amounts of time... of course, cutting out Andrej is like removing the comic relief from an amazing movie... just isn't the same.

• 2 weeks later...

Awesome!
It keeps getting better with each episode.

Andrej! :D <3

And we got a participating brother, Chapter Master Valrak!

Could he just continue the story of Helsreach? I don't want this to end.

OMG...Imagine him doing this with the Celestial Lions' story as well! :O

Archived