Helsreach Video

Chiming in as a non-Templar player but having read the book, personally I think it's brilliant. Despite having to cut out portions of the story, obviously due to cost and time, the major elements are there. Favourite bits so far; Grimaldus' conversations with Zarha, any part showing Storm Herald, the offhand, almost casual way the brothers deal with the orks in the crashed Strike cruiser and I think he's got the size difference between marines and mortals spot on. One minor grumble that is really down to me; I caught up with the series by watching all the episodes back to back and the shifting nature of the frames is a bit jarring to watch for extended veiwings. That's just me though.

• 1 month later...

I've been trying to join this forum forever, but it's taken like 4 attempts to get my account approved. Anyway, I'm the guy who's been making the Helsreach series and I'm glad you guys are enjoying it. Truth be told, I refer to this thread a lot to see what's working and what isn't. 

It's friday night, 1am, and I've been working till 4am every night this week on Helsreach X. I've had a colossal amount of vodka tonight while I wait for files to render;)

Helsreach 10 is gonna be crazy. Different, but crazy. But whatever, I'm gonna shoot from the hip on this one and just make it however I please. There's like 20 more episodes to go (ish), so if you guys hate it, no harm no foul. 40K belongs to everybody. I am more than happy to balance my own twisted vision with what other people want to see. The story of Helsreach just needs to be told!

Cheers!

Rich

Welcome to the forum, you honor us with your presence brother Richard.

Your series has motivated me to repaint Grimaldus with a proper level of effort, just waiting to upload it as soon as my pc is fixed. Recently got hooked up with a fancy new up to date digital TV box(internet connected) from my service provider. Advised the family to gather round and pay attention, watching Helsreach has been greatly improved.

So looking forward to ep X

Yes call me fan boi!,  lol

RichardBoylan, on 13 Jan 2018 - 12:01 AM, said:

It's friday night, 1am, and I've been working till 4am every night this week on Helsreach X. I've had a colossal amount of vodka tonight while I wait for files to render;)

Helsreach 10 is gonna be crazy. Different, but crazy. But whatever, I'm gonna shoot from the hip on this one and just make it however I please. There's like 20 more episodes to go (ish), so if you guys hate it, no harm no foul. 40K belongs to everybody. I am more than happy to balance my own twisted vision with what other people want to see. The story of Helsreach just needs to be told!

Cheers!

Rich

Wrong!  I'll have you know 40k belongs exclusively to me, my left shoe and a surly ferret in Glasgow.  I've met her, actually.  She's quite nice when she takes her medication and there are no sharp objects in the room to worry about.  Damned accent is thick as tar, though.

Brother Richard, truly we are humbled by the knowledge that you grace these halls with your presence.

Your efforts are truly inspirational.

The Emperor has blessed you and provided you with the vision, let it fuel the engine of your ZEAL and may nothing stand in your way.

We eagerly await your next effort.

...and if you ever get to this part of Texas, there'll be a big steak waiting for you.

Cheers,

Awesome to see you here sir! I am of course a huge fan of your videos. I watched your interview with Chapter Master Valrak, and I also wanted to make aside that I did enjoy ME: A as well. 

Take a look at the Crusade threads here on the Black Templar forum, lots of really great hobbyists here. The guys here are all a great bunch. 

I can't wait to see the next installment of Helsreach! :biggrin.:

I've been trying to join this forum forever, but it's taken like 4 attempts to get my account approved. Anyway, I'm the guy who's been making the Helsreach series and I'm glad you guys are enjoying it. Truth be told, I refer to this thread a lot to see what's working and what isn't. 

Cheers!

Rich

Brother Boylan,

Just take a peek around the Templar forum and how many of us are here, how devote we are to our lore and how much praise your series have received. I have been tracking it since the first episode and between us and Aaron Dembski Bowden himself, I have honestly not heard a single soul say they "hated it". A single voice on the general B&C Forum I recall did not like the aesthetic but still appreciated the effort.

You have created something magnificent, something that not only brought a book that is dear to our hearts to life, but also did so by ripping the imagery straight from our heart of hearts and stoked the zeal of many a jaded Templar soul.

For this, we will be eternally grateful. 

+ Forge on, Frater! FORGE ON! + 

@Richard-

It is an honor and a rare privilege to have you here. I find myself lost for words for the most part, but I just wanted to say that I am a huge fan of your work to date. I cannot wait to see the next instalment, and the ones to follow. You have a gift, and I'm happy to have you doing this story. Very well done, sir.

I simply love this community!

Not only did I get in contact with some of my favourite authors, now the man behind my favourite 40K series joined us, as well!

Magnificent job! So inspiring!

Easily surpassing everything I imagined when reading Helsreach. Thank you for that incredible contribution!

You're right. This story just needs to be shown!

Only by speaking about it, does my ZEAL want to break free again...

No pity! No remorse! No fear!

If you ever hit my area of Germany, there will be a beer waiting for you, brother. ;)

• 2 weeks later...

Cheers!

Rich

Doing some thoroughly excellent work man. I've been enjoying the animation even more since episode 4. 

This is really in the very top tier of any Warhammer footage I have seen.

Awww, no more sketchbook style.  It's been fading since the first video, but I'll still miss it :sad.:

True, but I think this is intended, with the encroaching color as well, as I've previously noticed - the closer we are to battle, the more clarity there is to the recollection.

Archived