Welcome to The Bolter and Chainsword
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Helsreach Video

• Please log in to reply
269 replies to this topic

Reclusiarch Krieg

Reclusiarch Krieg

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 4,392 posts
  • Faction: Black Templars

Glorious.

Threefold Brush Studio Cheap! Fast! Gorgeous! We ship worldwide.
SuOSJCa.png
Stormbolt & Hammer
, a new Age of Sigmar Forum!

Crizza

Crizza

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 208 posts
  • Faction: Knights Templar

"You owe me for that, Grimaldus" and then that warhorn.... Goosebumps confirmed, glorious gossebumps :D

• Warhead01, Honda and Kallas like this

Honda

Honda

++ HOSTICUS PLAUSTRUM ++

• ++ MODERATI ++
  • 6,355 posts

He continues to portray my favorite scenes from the book and magnificently.

I'm starting to run out of words to express this experience...

gallery_15184_7227_34669.jpg

"All those rumors about us being intolerant and stubborn really just evolved from our history. We're actually just a fun bunch of guys who enjoy burning witches" - Anon

SydonianDragoon404

SydonianDragoon404

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 549 posts

Another excellent episode!

Marshal Wolfhart

Marshal Wolfhart

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 417 posts

Being nitpicky i found the sounds to be a bit lackluster in the fighting scenes. Considering the frame in which these are made, it's still wonderful though.

No pity.

No remorse.

No fear.

gallery_72918_14801_46020.jpg

TheOneTrueZon

TheOneTrueZon

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 784 posts
  • Faction: Silent Sword Crusade

Helsreach 10 is gonna be crazy. Different, but crazy. But whatever, I'm gonna shoot from the hip on this one and just make it however I please. There's like 20 more episodes to go (ish), so if you guys hate it, no harm no foul. 40K belongs to everybody. I am more than happy to balance my own twisted vision with what other people want to see. The story of Helsreach just needs to be told!

@ RichardBoylan - The work you've done is monumental. As someone who works in VFX, I applaud you at the highest level. This is just a staggering amount of work, from animation, modeling, editing... there's so many decisions one must make as a creator while still living within the world ADB painted for us. Cheers to you, and do you have a Pateron page? I'm sure there's fellow Brethren who'd show support for your efforts. 

• Honda likes this

"My blood is the same colour as yours. And what I do, I do to protect Earth, same as you. You don't like how I do it, that's your prerogative. But there are things going on out there that you know nothing about. Threats to the human race that no one never hears about, because we stopped them. There are dangers all around us. And whether you like us or not, we may be all that stands between you and the abyss."
- Bester, Babylon 5

http://www.bolterand...-sword-crusade/

http://www.bolterand...age-of-silvana/

http://www.bolterand...primal-marines/

ETL_VI_Banner_ETL_VI_Magister_Faction_As ETL_VI_Badge_Artisan.jpg ijLM8FY.jpg

Firepower

Firepower

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 10,165 posts

I can't help but feel the fighting in this one is...odd.  Kinda awkward and slow, with some of the Orks lining up one at a time and standing still to wait for their turn to get killed.  And I gotta agree with Wolfhart on the audio, too.

Nitpickery aside, carry on in the Emperor's name :D

Suffer not the xeno psyker kitten, as to it the souls of man are but balls of yarn and jingly amusements!
Brother Chaplain Kage: "I don't think anything makes Firepower happy."
gallery_38474_6916_27314.jpggallery_38474_6916_19616.jpgBT_Chaos_at_the_Gates_Banner.gifgallery_38474_6916_5384.jpggallery_29004_6198_9307.pngsml_gallery_29004_10691_1994.pnggallery_38474_6917_1744.pnggallery_38474_6916_16905.png
Templars a la Firepower -- IA: Broken Arrows -- Broken Arrows WIP Blog -- My Crummy Sketches

SWORD BROTHER RYAN

SWORD BROTHER RYAN

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 340 posts
  • Faction: BLACK TEMPLARS

I am still overjoyed to see this work done in a visual format. Having watched this early in the morning before work, I will have my ZEALOMETER pegged all day!

• Honda likes this

SUFFER NOT THE UNCLEAN TO LIVE!

UPHOLD THE HONOR OF THE EMPEROR!

ABHOR THE WITCH, DESTROY THE WITCH​!

ACCEPT ANY CHALLENGE, ​NO MATTER THE ODDS​!

bRbhJY6.gifgallery_38474_6916_3702.jpg

Acebaur

Acebaur

++ VENATORIS MALUM ++

• ++ MODERATI ++
  • 7,173 posts

I can't help but feel the fighting in this one is...odd. Kinda awkward and slow, with some of the Orks lining up one at a time and standing still to wait for their turn to get killed. And I gotta agree with Wolfhart on the audio, too.

Nitpickery aside, carry on in the Emperor's name :D

My thoughts too, otherwise it was epic.
"There can be no meeting of minds and no understanding with such beings as exist in the dark places of the galaxy.There is simply a choice: defeat them, or be defeated by them. And Defeat them we will"
- Chaplain Emmerich

++++ The Jericho Crusade ++++

Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image

"Let our feet, steel clad, pressed into the soils of this alien land, remark on our passing. What need have we of plaudit and praise? No matter the laurel of victory, no matter the glories others may seek. We are the Black Templars. Victory is it's own reward."[/center]
- High Marshal Helbrecht

TheOneTrueZon

TheOneTrueZon

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 784 posts

I can't help but feel the fighting in this one is...odd. Kinda awkward and slow, with some of the Orks lining up one at a time and standing still to wait for their turn to get killed. And I gotta agree with Wolfhart on the audio, too.

Nitpickery aside, carry on in the Emperor's name biggrin.png

My thoughts too, otherwise it was epic.

I cannot begin to describe how hard it is to animate a scene like this effectively without spending hundreds, yes HUNDREDS, of hours refining character rigging, keyframe animation, lighting, camera angles and adjusting minute movements that accurately convey the weight and inertia of an object such as an Orc charging at a Space Marine. Visual effects companies have legions of animators who work months tirelessly (with the assistance of fancy motion capture from trained actors) to get a couple hundred frames perfect. Don't even get me started on sound design, those dudes are voodoo witch doctors, the magic they pull off is crazy.

To do this amount of work by yourself makes Richard my personal Emperors Champion. Nitpick all you want, he's my hero. 

• Honda, Kheotour, Marshal_Roujakis and 2 others like this

"My blood is the same colour as yours. And what I do, I do to protect Earth, same as you. You don't like how I do it, that's your prerogative. But there are things going on out there that you know nothing about. Threats to the human race that no one never hears about, because we stopped them. There are dangers all around us. And whether you like us or not, we may be all that stands between you and the abyss."
- Bester, Babylon 5

Marshal Wolfhart

Marshal Wolfhart

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 417 posts

I'm fully aware (or so i think :P ) that this is monstrous work for a single person to do. It was not my intention to slight Richard's efforts. If i think of the ultramarines movie, considering they had proper funding and a studio, this is a masterpiece. Guess i'm just spoiled by now :P

• Firepower and Kallas like this

No pity.

No remorse.

No fear.

Castellan Doren

Castellan Doren

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 167 posts
Oh, you want to kill me?...
/lookaround.
Nah. Nothing in here to care about.
/take helmet off.
BTW, the thunderhawks are mine.
/deal with it.
  • Honda and TheOneTrueZon like this

Kelborn

Kelborn

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 4,288 posts
  • Faction: BotL: XXth Legion - Predators

So Richard combined the first 10 parts into one single movie! :o

Let the ZEAL flow, brothers!

Praise be!

Edited by Kelborn, 08 February 2018 - 08:37 PM.

• CaptnRussia and The Spanish Inquisitor like this
tn_gallery_87379_12273_68539.jpg  tn_gallery_87379_12273_193556.jpg  tn_gallery_87379_12273_86064.png

Brotherhood of the Lost: XXth Legiones Astartes, the Predators http://www.bolterand...-the-predators/
Brotherhood of the Lost - The Icarion Insurrection: http://www.bolterand...od-of-the-lost/

SWORD BROTHER RYAN

SWORD BROTHER RYAN

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 340 posts
  • Faction: BLACK TEMPLARS

I know I'll be somewhere in line for a paddlin' from our cantankerous Chaplain for saying this, but I still LOVE the progression from sketch style to crisp and colored as the story progresses. It's AWSOME to see it unbroken in one sitting!

• Honda likes this

SUFFER NOT THE UNCLEAN TO LIVE!

UPHOLD THE HONOR OF THE EMPEROR!

ABHOR THE WITCH, DESTROY THE WITCH​!

ACCEPT ANY CHALLENGE, ​NO MATTER THE ODDS​!

bRbhJY6.gifgallery_38474_6916_3702.jpg

Marshal Wolfhart

Marshal Wolfhart

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 417 posts

Me at 1 am: Nah, i'll just have a look at the first few minutes to get the feels, then watch the rest tomorrow.

Me at 2:30 am: D'oh, 4 hours of sleep to go!

Me at 9 pm: Bed or watch helsreach once more, start to finish, choices, choices...

• Honda likes this

No pity.

No remorse.

No fear.

TheOneTrueZon

TheOneTrueZon

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 784 posts

Live Stream by the creator:

• CaptnRussia likes this

- Bester, Babylon 5

Kontakt

Kontakt

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 426 posts

I feel the combined movie is nice, but the episodic style adds drama and tension due to the unique way he ends the episodes (dramatic music and cut to black screen). Each episode seems to build to a climax and then end dramatically. As a movie, It seems to lose the tension built between each shorter episode. Maybe its just me, but I like it better in separate episodes.

• Firepower likes this

gallery_38474_6916_27314.jpg

Canadian_F_H

Canadian_F_H

++ SECTURATOR BIPENNIFER ++

• ++ MODERATI ++
  • 4,157 posts
So... who knew that helsreach was a 3 part feature length film trilogy...

(10eps made a feature length, and he said 20 more to go...)
  • Honda likes this
What signature?

Castellan Doren

Castellan Doren

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 167 posts

I think after it's all said and done it will be over 4 hours. Maybe 5.

Acebaur

Acebaur

++ VENATORIS MALUM ++

• ++ MODERATI ++
  • 7,173 posts

I don't think he knew it would be that long lol
"There can be no meeting of minds and no understanding with such beings as exist in the dark places of the galaxy.There is simply a choice: defeat them, or be defeated by them. And Defeat them we will"
- Chaplain Emmerich

++++ The Jericho Crusade ++++

Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image

"Let our feet, steel clad, pressed into the soils of this alien land, remark on our passing. What need have we of plaudit and praise? No matter the laurel of victory, no matter the glories others may seek. We are the Black Templars. Victory is it's own reward."[/center]
- High Marshal Helbrecht

Callan

Callan

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 73 posts
  • Location:The City of Kansas in the State of Misery, Holy Terra

For a while, I've been mulling over what Chapter I want to be my main focus as I dive into the hobby...

I was already thinking it for the last week or so, but this?  This seals it.  Black Templars all the way.

• Honda and The Spanish Inquisitor like this

BluejayJunior

BluejayJunior

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 257 posts
  • Faction: Blood Angels

I love this. Just found out about a couple days ago. It really makes me want to switch to Black Templars. Still love the Blood Angels though. 

ETL_VI_Banner_Dominus_Exercitus_Blood_AnETL_2018_Medal_01_Custos_Fidei_02.gifETL_2018_Medal_03_Primus_Interpares_01.gETL_2018_Medal_04_ETL_Magister.gifETL_Medal_01.gifgallery_62972_10568_12006.jpg

Kelborn

Kelborn

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 4,288 posts
  • Faction: BotL: XXth Legion - Predators

If you'd ever asked yourself what a BT does in his sparetime...here's one possible answer. biggrin.png

Edited by Kelborn, 22 March 2018 - 08:08 PM.

• Honda likes this
tn_gallery_87379_12273_68539.jpg  tn_gallery_87379_12273_193556.jpg  tn_gallery_87379_12273_86064.png

Brotherhood of the Lost: XXth Legiones Astartes, the Predators http://www.bolterand...-the-predators/
Brotherhood of the Lost - The Icarion Insurrection: http://www.bolterand...od-of-the-lost/

Reclusiarch Krieg

Reclusiarch Krieg

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 4,392 posts

So. Much. + WIN! +

Threefold Brush Studio Cheap! Fast! Gorgeous! We ship worldwide.
SuOSJCa.png
Stormbolt & Hammer
, a new Age of Sigmar Forum!

Honda

Honda

++ HOSTICUS PLAUSTRUM ++

• ++ MODERATI ++
  • 6,355 posts

I AM A BLACK TEMPLAR AND THIS VIDEO GAVE ME ZEAL.

• Reclusiarch Krieg likes this

gallery_15184_7227_34669.jpg

"All those rumors about us being intolerant and stubborn really just evolved from our history. We're actually just a fun bunch of guys who enjoy burning witches" - Anon

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users

Bing (1)