Charlo's Ad Mec - [Tournament Reports & Thoughts]

Charlo

Understandable, I haven't been able to clock up any modelling time myself lately what with the good weather and general demands of life. Hoping to get a big hobby session going this weekend and might even make a start on one of my own knights that lay unbuilt in a box, each component sadly weeping from neglect.

• 2 weeks later...

Okay so I was going to say "no more WIPs until they're complete" but I can't keep you all out of the loop forever :wink:

So here is some progress. Added in details, some weathering powder and started the basing.

We're almost done now... To finish:

• Powder - not going to go OTT but I think some more rust on the weapons is needed.
  • AK Oil/ Engine Grim effects - going to have some fun with these.
  • Basing - shade, drybrush, tufts and barbed wire.

lF9a6ds.jpg

K8iEZJN.jpg

yoOhBWg.jpg

0Ai7fo6.jpg

v0XqklB.jpg

Cl6xiGV.jpg

Edited by Charlo

Lovely work here Charlo, today was the day I finally jumped on the Malinax bandwagon to join you and Stray. Although to be fair I did buy my ticket a long time ago :tongue.:

\o/ Welcome aboard the tech-heresy express! Next stop, damnation (and likely bankruptcy, but the Knights are pretty, so... Choo choo! :) )

Very very brief summary of day 1 of the 40k doubles:

Game 1

VS 2 Tau: minor loss

-Was told not to charge the Forge world battle suit.

-I charged the FW battlesuit.

-It was swiftly turned to paste by a D8 relic fist.

Game 2

VS Custodes and Tank Guard

-Gallant charged and slayed both a Minotaur and Russ commander. Threw them as Custodes.

-Warglaive sliced a bike shield captain in half.

-Win

Game 3

VS Ad Mech including 2 enemy Armigers and a Crusader.

-Only wounding in 4+ relic/ trait is SO POWERFUL against other Knights. Didn't kill theirs on the charge because of this.

-My Armigers were better than his.

-Neutron lasers hurt when they hit.

Win!

Gallant has earnt her name; Malinax Matriarch - Fist of the Omnissiah.

Day 2 summary:

I didn't Death Grip anything, sad times. It was either killed in melee or not close enough to.

Game 4

VS Slaanesh Word Bearers and Cadians

-Plasma Pask certainly Painful

-Knight was just a bullet magnet in this

-We played heavily to objectives though and had some good cards so ran away with the win in the end!

Game 5

VS Custodes, Dark Angels and Vostroyans

-Are 4++ Hellblasters in cover fun for anyone?

-Hurricane Bolters are a sinful level of dice

-Big loss here, Necron resilience not enough and Custodes have some crazy good stratagems when you have unlimited CP

Overall a quality weekend though and lots of fun. Learnt a LOT about 8th (and Maelstrom for sure).

My biggest sadness is that at 47 points each, while it gave me a Battalion, Enginseers are USELESS when used with Close Combat knights (never next to them to repair), I think I healed max 2 wounds all weekend so I had in essence 10% of my points wasted beyond CP allowance. Should certainly be no more than 30 points or something.