Charlo's Ad Mec - [Tournament Reports & Thoughts]

Charlo

Some pics from the weekend too!

Friday Night HATE Club 10k...ish Warm Up Battle

3 Objectives spread across the bridge. Just a big old punch up for funsies.

nFZaAYA.jpg

o6FC7bv.jpg

Here you can see my doubles partner's Mephrit 'Crons and my (touched up!) Skitarii - I added weapon glows and flesh to them before the event.

zeotbHG.jpg

yuyyTkS.jpg

c62zPuq.jpg

GAME 1

Deployment

xcoqDVq.jpg

Knight having pasted a FW Battlesuit, about to be shot by an entire gun-line with Mont'ka and almost survive. Sadly a criminal 4" explosion resulted in only a single mortal on the missile broadside.

LDzFYni.jpg

GAME 2

Deployment

TurZfEX.jpg

Knight fists a Tank Commander & a Minotaur on turn one, then throws them both at some Custodes.

eBKtqVL.jpg

GAME 3

Deployment - feating enemy Knight(s)!

6hRwukx.jpg

GAME 4

Deployment - Never done diagonal before, it was very fun and dynamic!

D9LugaX.jpg

....Didn't snap game 5, was too busy dying/ being on the phone to sort out my ticket for a train that no longer existed....

I found I just sat my TPE with my two ranged helverin really, they are only just about usable as a screen or to pop 1 wound back on ... I did use one as a speedbump blocking a charge with

his face .. No idea why we aren't allowed to pay ponts for an actual useful ranged weapon .. if they had an option for a gamma pistol .. or even arc pistol to take. It's not like either model has a laspistol modelled on it .. just a holster

I did use one as a backfield denial in game 4, stopping any Assassins from appearing behind us in the back corner, but in most games that's all they did. They're too slow to keep up with Knights and don't offer much to Skitarii at all.

I'd like to see them give re-rolls of 1 to wound really, akin to the space marine Ltn, hell even just allow the master of machines ability to work on 1 wound models ... bringing 1 back to life just like a space marine apothecary .... sisters get it , Gaurd do too ... on a 4+ for a lot less points.

" we can re-attach the arms"......  rebuild you make you stronger .

The Emperor ain't treating you boys right. 

Hellwrights man. D3 heal per turn, mortal wound output, decent movement on a Dark Abeyant, an array of good weapons...

Just need you to sign this contract here... You weren't using that soul right? :wink:

I'll keep my full codex of Warlord Traits, Relics and Household rules instead :P

Hellwrights man. D3 heal per turn, mortal wound output, decent movement on a Dark Abeyant, an array of good weapons...

Just need you to sign this contract here... You weren't using that soul right? :wink:

Dammit Stray do chaos have toasters....? i could see me getting some cool tentacles .. maybe some scorpion legs.

Dammit Stray do chaos have toasters....? i could see me getting some cool tentacles .. maybe some scorpion legs.

I'm sure we could find you a toaster.

Scorpion legs and tentacles we have in spades. Seriously. You won't see a Japanese schoolgirl for miles around Xana II.

• 10 months later...

- initating wake-up protocol: alpha-imperative -

- cogitator sequencing: status: ONLINE -

- data repository loaded: 2019 Metagame -

- Magos Charlo. . . Sentience confirmed -

Greetings my binary Bros!

I thought I'd resurrect my thread to show you all my latest creation:

Mars Pattern Heavy Breaching Servitor; Sub-Strain: Gene-Bulked

Made from Bullgryn and leftover Kataphron bits, I wanted my breachers to be visually different from my destroyers. I think the concept works! Used an arc claw instead of an Arc Rifle to get the weapon effect, purely as I had them.

hhgGwo7.jpg

X2SMmaT.jpg

Cool! 

Id actually been thinking about doing something similar, but the other way round (I have 12 breachers built and in future want to make my destroyers look different if i add any).

I really like the heavy arc rifle conversion, but not 100% sold on the close combat arm as it looks a bit small (may just be angles though).

• 3 weeks later...

Four game event this weekend.

1500 pts.

CA18 missions.

My list:

Cawl

Dominus - Stubber, Volkite

Servitors - four servo arms

5 Vanguard - Two Aquebus, Omnispex

8 Vanguard - Three Arc, Data tether

8 Vanguard - Three Plasma, Data tether

5 Breachers - Arc, Hydraulic Claw

5 Destroyers - 3 Grav/ Phospher, 3 Plasma/ Flamer

Onager - Neutron LAZOR, Two Stubbers, Data tether

3 Kastellan Bots - 3 Triple Phospher

Pics and bat reps as they come!

Possible foes include:

PLAYERS AND FACTIONS LIST

(note your player number will be used to randomly determine matches in round 1)

1. IMPERIUM, ASTRA MILITARUM, CADIA

2. IMPERIUM, ADEPTUS MECHANICUS, MARS (ME!)

3. IMPERIUM, ADEPTUS CUSTODES

4. AELDARI, DRUKHARI, KABAL OF THE BLACK HEART, CULT OF STRIFE, PROPHETS OF FLESH

5. TYRANIDS, KRAKEN, JORMUNGANDR

6. IMPERIUM, ASTRA MILITARUM, CADIA, ARMAGEDDON, QUESTOR MECHANICUS, KRAST

7. IMPERIUM, QUESTOR IMPERIALIS, HAWKSHROUD

8 AELDARI, HARLEQUINS, MASQUE OF THE SILENT SHROUD

9. IMPERIUM, ADEPTUS ASTARTES, RAVEN GUARD, OFFICIO ASSASSINORUM

10. AELDARI, ASURYANI, BIEL TAN

11. NECRON, MEPHRIT

12. IMPERIUM, ASTRA MILITARUM, VOSTROYAN, OFFICIO PREFECTUS, OFFICIO ASSASSINORUM

13. T'AU EMPIRE, T'AU SEPT

14. IMPERIUM, ASTRA MILITARUM, CADIA, QUESTOR MECHANICUS, KRAST, ADEPTUS ASTARTES, DEATHWATCH

15. CHAOS, HERETIC ASTARTES, DEATHGUARD, QUESTOR TRAITORIS

16. IMPERIUM, ADEPTUS ASTARTES, SPACE WOLVES

Wish that my computation be swift and my cogitstors be blessed!

Game one: CUSTODES

I'll do a full report with some pictures next week, but it was a very close game with a 19-17 loss to the Martian Tin 'eads. If the objectives in my DZ had been active instead of his I would've won overall. He had two models left (Bike captain and Vexilla) and I had 7 (2 robots and Aquebus Skitarii).

Learnings:

-1 to hit is very tough to deal with, making overcharged Plasma not an option. Thank god for Cawl rerolls though, at 140pts he is amazing now.

I deployed too forward and ignored a section of my DZ that would've been a much better firelane, cutting my robots/ destroyers off from some juicy targets.

Breachers will not deal much damage, but good lord they will take it in a servitor maniple, 5+ invuln and Acquisition at any cost plus the reviving dead from the Vigilus detachment.

Skitarii are awful, but they are cheap and can be sacrificed for the Omnissiah!

Next up... T'AU!

9-8 win for the OMNISSIAH against the abominable Xenos AI!

A very close game with some incredible tactical decisions and good/ bad luck on both sides. Thoroughly enjoyable.

Learnings:

Don't leave a gap for a Cold Star battlesuit to advance 40" and triple fusion blaster Cawl into a crater :'( when he dies the firebase starts to crumble only hitting on 4+ with no rerolls.

Breachers are low key AMAZING at tanking small arms. Survived literally hundreds of Pulse Rifle shots over the game and any damage was revived and healed by the Servitor maniple Dominus.

Left to their own devices, Vanguard with special weapons can kinda do stuff, they'll gank other medium infantry fairly well.

The Onager with Neutron LAZOR is the best distraction unit ever made B)

Next up... The elusive Raven Guard!

Edited by Charlo

No worries my man!

Game three was the Raven Guard. Happy to report a solid 7-0 Victory to Cawl's expertly requisitioned forces!

Not much to say really, his list was mostly power armour that mine eats up fairly consistently. I got first turn and wiped out 85% of his stuff with minimal casualties in return.

What I did do this game was blob a lot more. Everything around Cawl and the Dominus for rerolls/ heals/ revives.

Also remembered the Neutron LAZOR is Heavy D3 and not just Heavy 1...

Not sure who I'll be playing in the final game tomorrow but it could be Death Guard, Knights, Catachans (easily the strongest Highlander list here) or Necrons, going by the standings.

It's against my other love, the indomitable XIVth Legion.... THE DEATH GUARD.

Due to the mission (the four pillars from CA18), I'm feeling quite good ;)

My current standing is 6th, depending on the last game could go anywhere!

Edited by Charlo

Currently sat at breakfast before the final game, but as you've all been good you can have some pics of my army on display from yesterday :wink:

I have not! How very dare you! :O

Great stuff though buddy, good luck in the final game!