Charlo's Ad Mec - [Tournament Reports & Thoughts]

Charlo

Thanks guys, the scheme is luckily very forgiving and dirty. I don't even highlight anything until I get to the energy coils on the guns!

Going to give all the metal another go of Nuln (maybe a little bit of Agrax mixed in for depth) so they can attempt to match the first squad.

Speaking of which, I never did backpacks for, so they need a good Nuln'in too!

Looks great.

Did you get you wash situation sorted?

Cheers dude.

To be honest I think it was just old and a little contaminated! Some friends said that the washes tend to go that way towards the end of their life. I have a bit of black & brown inks from the early 2000's that I might mix with the nuln to try and get something a little thicker...

I've also got a bunch of the AK effect paints (oil and the like) to try out when I get to the Onagers legs...

Better pics this evening if I manage to finish em, but the Vanguard are almost there!

Painted the shoulder pads the same burny yellow as the legs on one because I was in a Blanche-y mood and it apparently really balanced out the sceheme nicely! So doing it on all the rest. Also have some Washed Death Guard in the back.

3anyoVT.jpg

Edited by Charlo

Ta guys!

So now the Skitarii can finally be put to bed! ....Except for basing (clear) and energy effects, but i'll do those when I come to do it on all of my Ad Mech stuff!

I've got some time off work so today I have built a couple of little Enginseers: simple servo-arm swaps and less bling on the plastic ;)

YXbYw70.jpg

2boVJRL.jpg

Nice to see the 2nd ed Skullz techpriest!

He set me back a few but he's so cool I had to! Especially for a Dominus.

Your paint motivation has apparently grown a lot since I joined B&C, Charlo!

Having a deadline helps a lot! As well as your dream faction :D

Very impressive. Keep up the outstanding work and updates brother

Thanks! It's messy but that is the style i'm going for... Sort of "Red Era/ 2nd Ed/ Blanche" mashup of bright colours and heavy washes/ weathering. While I won't get all the details done for my APOCALYPSE deadline, but just reach for the 3 colours + based minimum.

However I'll come back and touch them up later ;) particularly some weathering power and the like I thinks, seeing as I came into a load for cheap a few months back!

• 2 weeks later...