So I've made my decision on which chapter I want to collect, and I wanted to start this thread as a source of motivation, a place to display the models and a place I can ask small and little questions concerning the Raven Guard. Also I want to thank everyone of the Raven Guard thread page for motivating and inspiring me to start the goal I've been wanting to do since i got into the model aspect of 40k.
As of now I have no pics to offer, but know I have 1 Drop Pod and 20 Tactical Marines on the table in various stages of completion. I feel I should also add that patience is going to be the key here because... well... real life likes to get in the way. But I haven't been this motivated to model and paint as I am now in a while, so expect some content real soon (potentially by this weekend).
As to what to expect from this thread, my plan is to collect a whole Battle Company of Raven Guard, with elements of the 1st Company and 10th Company. As to which Company I haven't decided yet, but I have it narrowed down to 2. Right now all I want to do is collect. As to actually playing the game, it's not on my radar now but i expect that to change, which explains why I want forces from the 1st and 10th. I want be as lore friendly as I can be with how I model it all, with some small freedoms here and there, and Heresy Era influence as well. So expect to see some kit-bashing, "count as" models, conversions galore and some custom stuff i want to experiment with (I have a pretty cool plan with the Chaplain). As much as I love the models of GW/FW, the "heroic" poses that a lot of them are makes me cringe a bit (I'm former military so a lot of Hollywood/pop culture depictions of military/combat make me cringe), and as to the Raven Guard being stealthy, i feel a lot of the models don't fit their image. Also I'm saddened to the lack of love GW gives the Raven Guard...
Now for some small questions i hope some of you can answer for me, and I know some won't have answers as well. Forgive me because I've only read one Raven Guard novella, Ravenlord, but that will be fixed shortly. I'm sure my questions would be answered through the novels, and I usually try to find the answers myself before asking, but for the sake of time in planning out the company I wanted to go ahead and ask.
1. Other than power claws, do the RG tend to use any other specialty weapon, i.e. flamers, grav, rockets, melta, etc that they favor more over the others? I ask this as to how i should model the 6 Tactical squads and Devastator squads.
2. As for the Command Squad, the Company Champion and Standard Bearer to be direct, do the RG honor these positions like any other codex-compliant chapter, or do the have different names or roles for them? It's hard for me to imagine a stealth oriented unit carrying around the banner.
3. Bike units. Now I know they use Land Speeders pretty heavily, but what about bikes?
4. Anyone know of a source to get Raven Guard icons, like the one's FW sells for a few legions? I've tracked down numerous sites to access shoulder pads, decals and weapons... but can't seem to find anything for icons, or even raven skulls. So any help there would be greatly appreciated cause as of now I don't have much confidence in myself to make some from scratch.
5. Servitors. Are the Raven Guard reliant on servitors or do they handle their own work?
Once again a big thanks to all of you!
Edited by Bedouin2, 28 June 2017 - 01:26 PM.