One of the parts that has many of us here and other Mechanicus players elsewhere quite excited is the Spider-Skull from some of the new Mechanicus Sector terrain.

I thought it'd be cool to have a thread to discuss ideas and inspiration of what to do with these parts (other than just having them on the terrain) and for people to show off their results when we start getting our hands on them.

And i just stumbled upon a piece of John Blanche artwork i'd never seen before that features Spider-Skulls, though in this case far larger ones. As it's a large image i'll put it in spoiler-tags.

http://68.media.tumblr.com/accadf25a1e5d5a7e599fc667c765bc5/tumblr_o5bezot5RA1qhslato1_1280.jpg

Looks like when Adeptus Titanicus comes out i might be using a 40k spider-skull as one of these.

That's an interesting idea. I've not seen the piece in person so I'm still no sure what to do with it. I could see it being an interesting objective marker like that C.A.T. thing from Space Hulk. http://wh40k.lexicanum.com/wiki/Cyber-Altered_Task

I would be temped to mount it on This guy's legs: https://www.games-workshop.com/en-GB/Necron-Illuminor-Szeras

Failing that some spare Canoptek Spyder/Wraith limbs could be interesting.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

If this forum was easier to upload images directly I would share a picture of a conversion I was working on from 3 years ago. but alas I cannot be bothered to go through the misery of photobucket lol.

Have you tried uploading the photo to your gallery here in the BnC? They're pretty easy to work with (just hit the drop-down link by your username at the very upper-left corner of the webpage). Once the pic is in your gallery, just click on the big red 'Options' button, then click on 'Share Links' from the drop down list, then click on and copy the 'Image Link'. Once you've got the image link on your clipboard, go into the thread where you want to post the picture and click on the image icon (it's just to the right of the add and remove hyperlink buttons) and paste in the image link, and hit okay.

The only real challenge in all of this is ensuring your image file sizes aren't too big; if they are, the software won't let you add them to your gallery. Pretty easy to resize photos on a Mac, but I can't say how difficult it might be on a PC.

I've been on this forum for the better part of a decade, and I still can't include pictures in my posts.

SJ

I sent you a PM to see if I can help resolve this issue for you. I'd start with the steps I just provided above, if you haven't tried that already.

V

As a side note...I may not have a spider skull, but the new servohaulers are already repurposed...as ordinatus minioris. Yes, cute little ordinatii to accompany the big one. Will get pics once the second is finished...

The creator of Sector Mechanicus has some cool features on his twitter.

Feature 1

Feature 2.

Feature 3

Feature 4.

Feature 5. This one is awesome.

Feature 6.

As for my quest to put the spiderskull on the crane...

The Servohauler can have either the arcade claw machine claw or a standard hook, so my attempt to just hang the spiderskull on the hook would have been a success but, unfortunately, that makes it tip.

Solution: Make a platform under the winch and hide a weight under a servoautomata conversion. Still not enough weight.

New plan: buy a second kit and put some weight inside the engine as well. Also make a landtrain.

Those are some cool tips. I look forward to seeing your landtrain MagicHat.

Meanwhile I've seen someone put a spiderskull on a base on Facebook already. I'm sure they won't be the last to do so. :)

Looking at the limbs I think they are designed with grabbing promethium barrels in mind. I'm wondering about other varieties that could be made with new limb accessories. Some dark eldar bits with syringes and diverse blades might be used for manufacturing servitors or skitarii or making Thallax upgrades.

• 2 weeks later...

The creator of Sector Mechanicus has some cool features on his twitter.

Feature 1

Feature 2.

Feature 3

Feature 4.

Feature 5. This one is awesome.

Feature 6.

As for my quest to put the spiderskull on the crane...

The Servohauler can have either the arcade claw machine claw or a standard hook, so my attempt to just hang the spiderskull on the hook would have been a success but, unfortunately, that makes it tip.

Solution: Make a platform under the winch and hide a weight under a servoautomata conversion. Still not enough weight.

New plan: buy a second kit and put some weight inside the engine as well. Also make a landtrain.

The man is a freaking genius!

Feature 7.

Feature 8.

The only annoyance I have with the SecMech, is the annoyance in getting the domes.

Archived