Shadow War Kill Team Background

I'll be playing a mixed squad composed of differently ranked Space Wolves from my Lost Company.

They'll be on Scout & Sabotage Strike Missions, to prepare for the arrival of the full company. Me and my mates want to play larger, regular 40k matches in between Shadow War missions, with point limits influenced by the Promethean Reserves we have and the actual objectives we ful-filled, territories we control, enemy leaders we injured, etc.

Marines with CC&Pistols will be Blood Claws in Power Armor (thier worse save caused by the bad shape the armors are in and the careless, reckless fighting style they have)

Long Fangs in Carapace Armor for snipers/heavy weapons

Wolf Guard in Carapace for everything else.

And I need a Wolf Priest in a heavy, thick skinned cloak, for when I field a Apothecary.

• 2 weeks later...
Vs Orks, chaos, or other easily explained forces? Probably standard training missions within the Ocrod sector for my 10th company. (See Dawn blades link in sig for explanation. I think. Not sure if that bit is there yet.) Anything more exotic, like gks, nids, Necrons, or the like? Training exercises with other forces or training sims. Maybe the occasional real mission. *shrug* My brain is fried and I may have better fluff later. Or maybe not. Who knows.

I'm working on creating a 5 man squad of Iron Hands marines, using CSM. I'm not sure if I'm going to give them the Mark of Nurgle or Tzeentch to represent their mechanical replacements. I'm planning on running my cultists as local PDF/gangers recruited to serve on the front line. My thoughts are to arm the cultists with autoguns & work on pinning the enemy while the marines armed with bolt pistols & chainswords rush to get into hand to hand.

I'm building a Patrol Team of Adeptus Arbites, Necromunda Precinct 216. I'm hoping to build a campaign against either a Genestealer Cult or Chaos cult.

I'm planning to use the Genestealer Cult rules eventually to make a proper Chaos cult list since having max 50% actual cultists in a CSM list is not really what I have in mind for that. :D

I'm looking at creating a Chaos Killteam now who will either be The Pyre (awesome orange scheme and pyromaniacs!) or the Sons of Malice (my favourite Chaos Warband and love the concept of the 5th God) - will start as a handful of Chaos Marines and other time will add more marines or cultists to bulk my numbers up. Big points sink at the minute for me is my autocannon chaos gunner... but I really want an autocannon in the team!

but I really want an autocannon in the team!

Same..too bad I don't have the right bit to build one and I sure as hell won't buy one of the outdated Havoc boxes just for that. :D

but I really want an autocannon in the team!

Same..too bad I don't have the right bit to build one and I sure as hell won't buy one of the outdated Havoc boxes just for that. biggrin.png

Yeah I thought that but scrounged parts from an IG Autocannon and a Grey Knight psycannon - it looks pretty beasty. You could look into picking up a part of the Forge World Legion Autocannon sets? They're really decent.

Archived