[IRON GAUNTLET 2017] IA - Exemplars of Dorn Mk.PRIMARIS

Boldthreat

Ok, updated with new art (Thanks Brother Arkley!!!) and updated fluff to name the Ultima Founding properly.  We still do not know how Primaris Chapters operate... so I am desperately waiting to find out so I can determine how this chapter will organize its forces.

I do know that I want to keep them fleet-based and not holding dominion over a world.  These guys will replace losses while on campaign.  

I also want to accurately show that this chapter is still very new... and they are eager to earn the respect and acknowledgement of not only Lord Guilliman (their creator), but also the older Chapters of Dorn's Legacy.  Of course this is 40k, and that could be a detrimental thing... its how the Iron Warriors Legion started and we all know how that ended up for them.  So these guys rush head first into battle... and are prepared to pay any price for victory.  This could garner the ire of those they wish to impress.  All just spit-balls at this stage.  

Hopefully we get more info about the updated setting and then I can really take off.  I am still unsure how to approach my Characters, as I am not clear if they were grown in a vat on Mars... or could they possibly be Primaris-Upgraded Marines from another Chapter.  That could be fun.

Honestly, when the Primaris Marines were announced; I really enjoyed the look and feel of them... and when I read about a new founding of Chapters made entirely out of them I thought that it would be a great starting point for a new Chapter.

Now don't get me wrong.  I really enjoyed the direction of the 23rd Founding EoD, but the thought of starting completely over with a brand new band of warriors really resonated with me.  Now I get to talk about my Chapter's first Chapter Master... and he is still alive.  Now I get to actually "live" their first battles in the Indomitus Crusade... not just reference battles of my Chapter's past.  That is exciting to me.  And I get to do this on the backdrop of a returned Primarch... a new great crusade.  I am really excited in the direction 40k could be going... 

What if these guys are first extremely loyal to Guilliman and view him as a pseudo Emperor figure?  What if Dorn comes back and is decidedly against all that Guilliman has done?  Where does that leave my Chapter?  What if that split came to war?  Would they side with their own mythical progenitor or would they stick with their literal creator?  Would that possibly lead to a Chapter Civil War?  That could be fun to explore.  Mind you, I have no clue if Dorn is coming back... in fact I hope he doesnt... but if he does could that lead to some sort of issue for my characters?  These guys study and venerate Dorn... and believe he died willingly doing his Duty.  What happens if they find out that was a sham?  

Who knows... but I love the idea of exploring this old setting from the eyes of a new faction.  I have been loving the 40k setting since I was a teenager... and now I am 32 and I am just now getting my 10 year old into the game; Primaris seem like a fantastic start for him and I want to be right there with him. 

Some Primaris chapters will inhabit the fortress monastaries of their formerly dead chapter. Replace fortress monastary with Flagship and write a short story about primaris marines walking around the hull for the first time, looking through items of the previous occupiers, then they need to reevaluate their priorities.

That way you would get your primaris marines, and keep the work you had done on your 23rd founding

Lol, yeah when I explored that idea of Bobby G doing commencement/christening speeches for each chapter; I too chuckle how that could have been very... taxing:

RG: ok 1 down... who is next?

Cawl: a chapter from your Brother Corax Sir.

RG: ok... something shadowy and ninja like right?

Cawl: yes, don't bring up gene seed tampering... it's a sore subject. Remember you have 98 more after this.

RG: thanks for reviving me :cuss.

Archived