FW SW Upgrades - What if they're not good?

m_r_parker

Thing is not everybody wants to use 3rd party bits. Not sure if they are like it everywhere but Ive met a fair few GW managers who wont allow non GW bits in store and not everybody has a indie games store or club near by. So saying 'just use x companys bits' isnt gonna fix everything.

I fully understand that, which is why I'm somewhat vocal about my desire to have FW release the kit for the only mandatory Wolf unit choice, and soon.

I'm the guy who once went off about FW releasing more mechanicum and knight pieces than Marine pieces in this setting.

Patience is needed on both ends, because at the end of the day we all love our hobby

Oh I wasnt aiming that at you in particular, I was just throwing it out there in general. 

As its our mandatory unit they really should get their fingers out though, Im curious to see what they look like. 

For weapons I have a vast horde of Warriors of Chaos weapons from my 15 years of playing them in WHFB. So I mostly use those, and they seem to be appropriately spartan, and to the correct scale. I find the Dwarves range to be a little "showy" for how I invision SW, similarly its how I feel about 99% of 3rd party bits, and the 40k stuff.

There were some dwarven hammers and axes I used to use stowed under the pack that only had like three discrete tunes on them but were otherwise very nice and plain. No hands on them either to deal with.

Gonna say I'm not a big fan of the most recent FW Dread for the VIth. It looks overly blinged out to me, and admittedly part of my distaste is the nature of the HB arm.

That quibble aside, though, I really like the other upgrade kits we've gotten so far. The Mk III torsos in particular are beautiful; I'm using one of them for a WGBL conversion in 40K, and I'm confident that I'll like the other stuff FW develops.

15873080_312095265853287_108950269485598

Seriously, just use KFStudio's stuff whilst you're waiting for ForgeWorld.

I have multiples of their sets, including the recently released set 2 of Viking heads

They have an eBay store, orders through Fb and can sometimes be found elsewhere.

Don't let their suggested arrival timenscare you off, I've never waited for longer than 2 weeks

If it sounds like I'm trying to pimp them, I apologize.

I just REALLY like their products and service

Oh man i haven't seen those heads yet are they new?

Yes mate, it's their second upgrade kit. All items are new, not only the heads. They're fantastic too, already used a couple of mine :)

I normally don't do third party but kfstudio is simple the same or higher quality than forgeworld.

Gonna say I'm not a big fan of the most recent FW Dread for the VIth. It looks overly blinged out to me, and admittedly part of my distaste is the nature of the HB arm.

That quibble aside, though, I really like the other upgrade kits we've gotten so far. The Mk III torsos in particular are beautiful; I'm using one of them for a WGBL conversion in 40K, and I'm confident that I'll like the other stuff FW develops.

It is bad enough for me that I won't bother even getting it. Looks horrible and I would much rather have a more toned down version of a Contemptor. Literally looks like he belongs to 40k Wolves. Eldthursar Har Skrinn in the book is a VIth Legion Contemptor. The one we got looks like he had a shopping spree in a Wolves themed Claire's Boutique.

So my idea for the contemptor is to have it be an interred iron priest so it's extra ornamentation makes sense.

( think how how the iron priests have over blinged Bjorns tomb )

Gonna give him a heavy conversion Beamer and a claw hand.

I think it will end up looking quite nice.

I was looking at some historical Viking kits yesterday in plastic. Some of the bare heads might be useable on a Marine. Ill try and find pix of what I was looking at, I forgot to save them.

I just love how BT fans are always called into this sort of shenanigans.

We complain because we had one of the biggest disservices Games Workshop ever made to a chapter. In my opinion.

And I'm sure as hell don't want my chapter to be just a footnote in a codex.

I know you were not aiming at me slave, but I'm the one who usually complains the most, so i will have a say in this.

SW are the favourite pups of GW in general. I'm sure they will have some cool stuff.

Some of us are still waiting for Dorn.

Posted · Hidden by Olis, April 8, 2017 - Off topic
Hidden by Olis, April 8, 2017 - Off topic

I know you were not aiming at me slave, but I'm the one who usually complains the most, so i will have a say in this.

SW are the favourite pups of GW in general. I'm sure they will have some cool stuff.

Damn Templars!!

giphy.gif

Damn Templars!!

giphy.gif

I have enough of this. A friendly jab is one thing, but this :cuss is too much. I have Frater commiserating to me in PMs that we're getting this kinda BS from other users just because GW shanks Templars again.

Reported for faction baiting and trolling. And each attempt to bait Templars anywhere on this board I will report as well.

Enough it enough.

It was a friendly joke and in no way intended as baiting. I know how you guys feel when people poke fun at your faction, I play Chaos and Wolves. And yes I agree you were screwed over by GW regarding your dex. Im sorry if my post was upsetting to some but that was not my intention. 

I understand Kastor sentiment.

Not mentioning you Slave, we have been just poking fun at each other, but there are some users in the forum with quite an "agressive" behavior towards us Templar fans.

Thats why I can understand where Kastor is coming from.

I just add those individuals to my ignore list. ;)

(Shame we can still see the quotes)

Back on topic, i do hope we have proper heads for SW i cannot stress enough how i dislike the Wolverine sideburns

This subfaction mentality is really childlisch and annoying... "We (insert faction)". Please.

Says the guy toting a faction emblem. Please.

This subfaction mentality is really childlisch and annoying... "We (insert faction)". Please.

Says the guy toting a faction emblem. Please.

Cmon guys chill. Were all friends here, Kastor had every right to be pissed with the way people portray players of his faction. Even though he did see an insult in my post when there was none intended, but thats what happens on the internet so I aint bothered that he reported my post, hes just doing what he thinks is right and thats fine. But calling people childish and annoying could also been seen as flaming, spamming, trolling etc as that will get peoples backs up. Lets all just walk away from our computers for a min and chill. This isnt Dakkadakka or Winesneer, were better than that and thats why this is the best 40k forum online. 

Archived