Reader's Notes

simison

Something just caught my eye, reading through the Praevian entry. Not all of the Legions have specific rules for their battle-automata. I don't see anything for the World Eaters, the Blood Angels, and, perhaps most bizarrely, the Salamanders.

What's up with that?

I think it's likely because those three legions' special rules don't need further clarification for Automata/they actually work on automata. An example would be Dark Angels. Automata cannot take any of their sword options, so the Legiones Astartes rule is totally useless for automata, meaning they're given something else

Perhaps both are true, though I'm not sure what the philosophical reasons would be since I've not read up on automata yet. 

Also, from Retribution, the 67th Expeditionary Fleet would run into an entire Fra'al Conclave above Pragus. 

• 2 weeks later...

Read through the Dark Angel's expanded armoury. There are items here that should be considered integrating into BotL somehow, like the stasis shells.

From the entry, we have the Terranic Greatsword, Calibanite War Blade, Plasma Repeater, stasis shells for grenade launchers and missile launchers, and molecular acid shells for heavy bolters.

All of them, except the Calibanite War Blades are from ancient Terra proper.

From the entry, we have the Terranic Greatsword, Calibanite War Blade, Plasma Repeater, stasis shells for grenade launchers and missile launchers, and molecular acid shells for heavy bolters.

What about Adrathic Weaponry, don't the First have those too?

What about Adrathic Weaponry, don't the First have those too?

No, they don't actually. 

Ah okay, I had a vague recollection of the First having stuff like that due to their creation prior to the Treaty of Mars, though on reconsideration I think I got the Adrathic Weapons mixed up with a different archaeotech and accidentally blended the memories in my head. :p

• 3 weeks later...

Less than 20 pages away from finishing Retribution. And today's first pages were all about the Ordinatii-Minoris. I'm mildly curious if there are or will be rules for the Mars and Endymion patterns. 

My final note from Retribution centers on this sentence: "...Vakuran fell in battle against a mighty Over-wyrd of the Hambro-Cuth." This event took place in the later Unification Wars. I'm guessing the battle took place somewhere in Europa. Another potential clue to develop if we ever feel like it.

Soooo, what's happened to Macragge and the other Ultramar worlds in our continuity? Obviously they don't benefit from a Primarch's personal touch, but what does that leave?

Well we might still have to deal with the Guilliman clan and whatever empire they mustered together. Konor sounded pretty competent, maybe we could make a footnote of the Imperium vs Ultramar. Hell Roboute could still be there as a normal general with a half Eldar advisor as a nice wink and nod to OG 40k.

I agree that the Guilliman clan is much reduced in our 'verse, but what does that mean? As a consol, did Konor rule over a nation, a continent, a world, or what? Calth is obviously a planet with much unrealized potential. What about Armatura? Why was that picked as a fortress world? 

Also, I didn't realize Molech wasn't too far from the realm of Ultramar.

Likewise. I've already jettisoned the fluff where the Emperor visited Molech to trick the Chaos gods into giving him more power. So, I'm not sure if that doorway is even there at this point.

Which means I need another venue for Alex's visions. Aside from anything else, with Molech in the east, there's no reason for him to end up there.

Icarion should gain a sizeable power boost when he finally enters the tomb of the Thunder King.

Since I'm not aware of a more direct source, I went to the wiki. It sounds like Macragge was somewhat united as a planet and a system, but there were pockets of 'barbarians' that had yet to be brought to heel. Macragge was part of a barely existing alliance of worlds that only managed some communication and light trade with each other. 

Furthermore, looks like Konor was doomed to be assassinated with or without Roboute's presence. So, even if Konor had survived his assassination, the ability to reform Macragge, let alone establish the realm of Ultramar were not likely to happen in any short period of time. 

Thus, BotL Macragge remains in the hands of Gallan and his corrupted aristocracy. Undoubtedly, Macragge will require a Compliance campaign to overthrow Gallan, who will resist the Imperium.