Welcome to The Bolter and Chainsword
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Shadow War: Armageddon Rulebook new print + 2 more factions

Shadow War: Armageddon

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
275 replies to this topic

sfPanzer

sfPanzer

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 6,065 posts
  • Chapter Name: Cacophony of Unbound Pleasure

"Great news for those of you after a copy of the rules for Shadow War: Armageddon.

Following the unprecedented demand for this game, our book team have thrown themselves into creating a new rulebook you’ll be able to order separately. Not content just to make the book a copy of the one that appears in the boxed game, though, they have also added in all the extra content too: all the factions that have had their rules published as PDFs will be included. And, following numerous requests we’ve received from the community (that’s you), we’ll be adding in two new factions – the Battle Sisters of the Adepta Sororitas and warbands from the Inquisition.

How cool is that?

The book will be available to pre-order on Saturday the 22nd of April."

https://www.warhamme...available-soon/

Still no Deathwatch, Black Templar, etc it seems unfortunately. Come on GW do your thing!

Preorder now available

Edited by Brother Tyler, 22 April 2017 - 05:02 PM.
Tags edited, preorder

• Prot, Flame Boy, Ulfgrim Alvsbane and 3 others like this

gallery_62972_10568_7658.jpg

Charlo

Charlo

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 16,082 posts

Okay, this is pretty great...!

Great news for those of you after a copy of the rules for Shadow War: Armageddon.

Following the unprecedented demand for this game, our book team have thrown themselves into creating a new rulebook you’ll be able to order separately. Not content just to make the book a copy of the one that appears in the boxed game, though, they have also added in all the extra content too: all the factions that have had their rules published as PDFs will be included. And, following numerous requests we’ve received from the community (that’s you), we’ll be adding in two new factions – the Battle Sisters of the Adepta Sororitas and warbands from the Inquisition.

How cool is that?

The book will be available to pre-order on Saturday the 22nd of April.

The pre-order will last a few weeks, rather than the usual 7 days, to give us time to print and ship the new books. We’re also making a digital edition of this new book, giving you yet another choice on how to get your copy, which will also be available to pre-order that same weekend.

Sorry Sete... No Black Templars!

"Pain is an illusion of the senses, fear an illusion of the mind, beyond these only death waits as silent judge o'er all." - Mortarion

Heresy WIP Thread: Talons

WIP Thread

Index Astartes Sanguine Visions

sfPanzer

sfPanzer

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 6,065 posts

Hah! I ninja'd you! :P

• Arkangilos likes this

Blindhamster

Blindhamster

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 4,590 posts
  • Chapter Name: Blood Angels
Pretty cool! Still sad there isn't a power armoured loyalist option. Good they're doing a reprint, clever too in that it has value even to people that got the actual game.
  • Ulfgrim Alvsbane likes this

Blood Angels 3rd Company Wins 25 Draws 5 Losses 13

Heresy Blood Angels: Wins 4 Draws 0 Losses 2
Blood Angels 4th company: Wins 10 Draws 3 Losses 4

gallery_62972_10568_12006.jpggallery_14877_13354_6399.jpg

Blood Angels Primaris Blog

Hfran Morkai

Hfran Morkai

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 4,199 posts
  • Chapter Name: Space wolves
YES YES YEEESSS!

Super excited that it's available in print. Take that EBay scalpers! Seen £50 at least for just the game stuff, someone was selling the empty box hah.
QUOTE (A D-B @ Jan 10 2011, 12:45 PM)
THE CUSTODIANS AREN'T PSYCHIC OH MY GOD I HATE YOU MIKAL.

gallery_24878_5332_45982.jpg

fire golem

fire golem

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 3,347 posts
  • Chapter Name: Shattered Legions
I'm pleased for everyone who didn't get one but I'm slightly annoyed that my copy is a little out of date already.

RedFox

RedFox

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 328 posts
Good thing i sold a rulebook yesterday for 60$ CAD. Though i feel sorry for the guy who bought it....Still i could sell for my second rulebook for cheaper and buy the new one. INQUISITION!!!!

Canadian_F_H

Canadian_F_H

++ SECTURATOR BIPENNIFER ++

• ++ MODERATI ++
  • 3,845 posts
  • Chapter Name: Black Templars
Well.. I guess that'll do...

Shame no templars... Guess I'll just run guard vets... have some metal kasrkin that'll do the job!

Edited by Canadian_F_H, 09 April 2017 - 05:39 PM.

RedFox

RedFox

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 328 posts

I'm pleased for everyone who didn't get one but I'm slightly annoyed that my copy is a little out of date already.

Yeah they're kinda making us buy the rulebook twice. I wonder how much it will be...

fire golem

fire golem

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 3,347 posts
I imagine £15 like Generals Hand Book.

I wouldn't say they're making us buy the rule book twice, there's nothing in there that isn't available free online anyway, just a bit irritating for the completionist in me.

Edited by fire golem, 09 April 2017 - 05:53 PM.

sfPanzer

sfPanzer

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 6,065 posts

I don't think you'll have to buy it twice. The SoB and Inquisition rules will probably available for free as well. ^^

Not 1 Step Backwards

Not 1 Step Backwards

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 561 posts

Congratulations to everyone asking for =][= Warbands!

• Inquisitor Eisenhorn, RedFox and Akylas like this

Plasmablasts

Plasmablasts

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 470 posts
Splendid news! I'll be fascinated to see how they handle the Inquisition, given all the options currently available. Probably an Inquisitor as leader with Acolytes as the other team members, and the odder stuff as Special Operatives.

Lexington

Lexington

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 1,861 posts
  • Chapter Name: The Aurora Chapter

Cool to hear!

[edited - looks like the pre-order is lasting a while, so I'm less suspicious of this having been an intentional shorting of product to create demand. I should probably read full articles more closely sometimes]

Edited by Lexington, 09 April 2017 - 06:45 PM.

gallery_23421_8142_1088.png

Sete

Sete

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 6,810 posts
  • Chapter Name: Black Templars/Grey Talons

Okay, this is pretty great...!

Great news for those of you after a copy of the rules for Shadow War: Armageddon.

How cool is that?

The book will be available to pre-order on Saturday the 22nd of April.
The pre-order will last a few weeks, rather than the usual 7 days, to give us time to print and ship the new books. We’re also making a digital edition of this new book, giving you yet another choice on how to get your copy, which will also be available to pre-order that same weekend.

Sorry Sete... No Black Templars!
Just woke up from the nicest nap with my wife. I'm chill! 😁

Gonna go for IG.

And Inquisition is awesome tho.
Eager to see the list!
Inquisitorial StormTroopers?

Edited by Sete, 09 April 2017 - 06:44 PM.

• Reyner and Boudan like this

Slave to Darkness

Slave to Darkness

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 4,902 posts
  • Location:The Labyrinth, realm of limitless eternal pain and pleasure . AKA Kings Lynn, Norfolk.
  • Chapter Name: Chaos and Wolves
The Inquisitor one could be tempting. Might be time to start that conversion of Jaq Draco Ive been putting off for years
  • Doghouse and Battybattybats like this

Unbearable, isn't it? The suffering of strangers, the agony of friends. There is a secret song at the center of the world, and its sound is like razors through flesh.

gallery_29004_9303_22505.pngCall_of_Chaos_10_Banner_00.jpg

Blog - Gates of Helvete

“Just erotic. Nothing kinky. It's the difference between using a feather and using a chicken.” - Terry Pratchett, Eric

Brother Memeus

Brother Memeus

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 21 posts
  • Chapter Name: Dark Angels,Word Bearers

Sisters and

I don't think you'll have to buy it twice. The SoB and Inquisition rules will probably available for free as well. ^^

GW have confirmed on their Facebook page that SoB and the inquisition will get free PDFs.

• Ulfgrim Alvsbane, Lexington and sfPanzer like this
Death to the False Emperor !
Call Of Chaos 9 Banner 01b

Ulfgrim Alvsbane

Ulfgrim Alvsbane

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 1,745 posts
  • Chapter Name: Ultramarines

Take that EBay scalpers! 

You're fooling yourself if you think these people won't sell all their box stuff well before this book hits the shelves.  There are plenty of people who won't wait an indeterminate amount of time for the book - they haven't even announced a date.

I'm not fond of scalpers either, but these guys are still laughing all the way to the bank.

"We come home to pray, to reflect, to remember, before we journey back to the stars.
Hatred keeps us crusading, Regret brings us home. Shame always calls us back." - ADB

GreyRavenC

GreyRavenC

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 1,456 posts
  • Chapter Name: Consecrators

There are plenty of people who won't wait an indeterminate amount of time for the book - they haven't even announced a date.

Pre-orders are up on the 22nd of april. Wouldn't the release be a week later?

gallery_92826_13373_1665.jpggallery_92826_13373_2084.jpggallery_92826_13373_141.jpgETL_2016_Medal_01_Custos_Fidei05.gif

fire golem

fire golem

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 3,347 posts

There are plenty of people who won't wait an indeterminate amount of time for the book - they haven't even announced a date.

They said the preorder would be several weeks while they get them printed.

GreyRavenC

GreyRavenC

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 1,456 posts
  • Chapter Name: Consecrators

They said the preorder would be several weeks while they get them printed.

Well, that sucks. I was hoping to play the game yesterday, but my store didn't manage to secure me box. Now we actually have to wait a month (at least) to get acces to the rules. 

I don't understand why it will take so long for the digital edition to come out.

gallery_92826_13373_1665.jpggallery_92826_13373_2084.jpggallery_92826_13373_141.jpgETL_2016_Medal_01_Custos_Fidei05.gif

Elzender

Elzender

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 254 posts
Nice! Shame that the box won't be available, getting the terrain, the counters and rules, plus the miniatures for that price was nice, but having the opportunity to get the physical rulebook is great (still going to search all near GWs next week to see if I get lucky)

My blog (in Spanish): http://suenosdeuncon...logspot.com.es/

ETL_2016_Banner_03_Custos_Fidei01.jpg

deathspectersgt7

deathspectersgt7

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 12,453 posts
  • Chapter Name: Death Spectres & More

Cool my Boys(Any Marine Chapter I play) get to kill another Inquisitor fun days ahead.biggrin.png

• Battybattybats likes this

gallery_70393_10089_14134.png     gallery_45765_11559_21519.png

Charlo

Charlo

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 16,082 posts
Damnit!

We must have posted at the exact same time and I had a quote malfunction so had to take longer :P

For reals tho, so excited for Inquisition. Hopefully lots of cool options. I bought a few cool figures for Rogue Trader that didn't really go anywhere last year so they will be PERFECT for my rag tag group of Investigatory Murder Journalists.
  • sfPanzer likes this

"Pain is an illusion of the senses, fear an illusion of the mind, beyond these only death waits as silent judge o'er all." - Mortarion

Heresy WIP Thread: Talons

WIP Thread

Index Astartes Sanguine Visions

Hfran Morkai

Hfran Morkai

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 4,199 posts
  • Chapter Name: Space wolves

Take that EBay scalpers!

You're fooling yourself if you think these people won't sell all their box stuff well before this book hits the shelves. There are plenty of people who won't wait an indeterminate amount of time for the book - they haven't even announced a date.
I'm not fond of scalpers either, but these guys are still laughing all the way to the bank.

Eh I was more referring to me personally not giving scalpers any of my cash, if people can't wait for the rules fair enough but I'm glad I didn't drop £50+ on the rules on EBay.
QUOTE (A D-B @ Jan 10 2011, 12:45 PM)
THE CUSTODIANS AREN'T PSYCHIC OH MY GOD I HATE YOU MIKAL.

gallery_24878_5332_45982.jpg

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Shadow War: Armageddon

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users