Welcome to The Bolter and Chainsword
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Shadow War: Armageddon Rulebook new print + 2 more factions

Shadow War: Armageddon

• Please log in to reply
255 replies to this topic

Interrogator-Chaplain Ezra

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 3,210 posts

Just played my first game. My Harlies vs some Scouts. 4 turns, 1 lost Harlequin, 5 dead Scouts. Haven't rolled so many 6s to hit and so many 1s to wound in my entire life. Still, I got enough dice into the fray to take down the Scouts.

Harlies are OP. So very, very, OP.

we_badge_ezra.png

Cryptix

Cryptix

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 765 posts
  • Chapter Name: Dusk Raiders/Grave Wardens
Were you charging? In multiple on one combat, Harlies go down real quick.

Alternatively, bring down the first comps.y and laugh as they fail to bring down 5 terminators.

Well would you look at the time, it's zombie o'clock!
banner.jpg?w=450L_T_3_2017_Badge_02_Chaplain.jpggallery_4664_12529_16642.jpg

sfPanzer

sfPanzer

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 1,661 posts
  • Chapter Name: Cacophony of Unbound Pleasure

Harlequins are definitely strong but a Scout list should be able to hold its own.

gallery_62972_10568_6124.jpg

Plasmablasts

Plasmablasts

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 283 posts
Just occurred to me that GW could use their "Made to Order" service to bring out old Necromunda models. Add a free PDF to give them SW:A rules and they could bank a lot, both financially and in terms of customer happiness.
  • Reyner likes this

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 3,210 posts

Were you charging? In multiple on one combat, Harlies go down real quick.

Alternatively, bring down the first comps.y and laugh as they fail to bring down 5 terminators.

Harlequins are definitely strong but a Scout list should be able to hold its own.

As I mentioned, I haven't rolled so many 6s to hit. In a combat of 3 Scouts vs 1 Harlequin, I rolled a 6 and 2 5s, and the Scout player got 2 1s and a 3. He had horrible luck, and kept losing combat (but never breaking), while I kept rolling 2s and 3s to wound. At the same time, I kept rolling break and bottle tests *just* within the bounds of what I could take. But I was on him in 2 turns, thanks to those flip belts, and then it all came down to who had more dice. And in one v. one fights, I had the advantage. Weren't too proud to jump on Downed Scouts either.

If it weren't for the flippies, the Prismatic Blur rule, and the number of attacks, it would have been a lot closer.

Edited by Interrogator-Chaplain Ezra, Yesterday, 10:43 PM.

we_badge_ezra.png

sfPanzer

sfPanzer

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 1,661 posts
  • Chapter Name: Cacophony of Unbound Pleasure

Oh I know that kind of luck. In my very first SW:A game my CSM team got pinned for days by my opponents AM team and failed every ammo roll I made (all 3 of them...) while he never had ammo issues. Still managed to force him to roll those bottle checks. He makes two of them until I had to make one and of course fail it and retreat.
At least my guys somehow managed to capture one of his while my Khorne guy died and my Leader got a free level up. :D

gallery_62972_10568_6124.jpg

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Shadow War: Armageddon

3 user(s) are reading this topic

1 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users

Brother Valor