362 Bellemonde Penal Legion

Long time since an update, as I've been busy and painting chaos marines.

Anyway, something I did finish were these barricades and assorted battlefield upgrades.  Not the best pics... sorry about that.

vc48Az2.jpg

q4RoEmX.jpg

XJNO2D8.jpg

BYJ9T8u.jpg

GGhyE8H.jpg

Inquisitor Psychologis Ruminahui

Edited by Dr_Ruminahui
Fixed dead image links

Nice!
Where did you get these two pieces from? 

Long time since an update, as I've been busy and painting chaos marines.

Anyway, something I did finish were these barricades and assorted battlefield upgrades.  Not the best pics... sorry about that.

*snip*

http://i15.photobucket.com/albums/a396/Dr_Ruminahui/Imperial%20Guard/IMG_1357_zpsadkcv9va.jpg

http://i15.photobucket.com/albums/a396/Dr_Ruminahui/Imperial%20Guard/IMG_1360_zpszu56n5it.jpg

Thanks!  Glad you liked them!

Those 2 pieces come with the imperial bastion (https://www.games-workshop.com/en-CA/Imperial-Bastion?_requestid=3083455).

Oh, and for those who are interested in the walker i am converting, I have a thread in the WIP forum: http://www.bolterandchainsword.com/topic/334305-toy-to-igam-walker/

Edited by Dr_Ruminahui

Thanks Warriorfish and Tallarn Commander.

And yes, my terrain has languished, but I've reached a point where I almost have all the infantry I could ever want (4 full platoons worth, plus 3 squads of vets), and a new edition is coming on.... so, it made it a convenient time to paint some up. :)  Right now I'm painting up the GW pipe set, which should appear whenever I next play Shadow War.

I'm glad you like the white, Tallarn Commander - it does provide a nice emphasis.  I use it in the same way on my infantry and vehicles, but I think its more noticeable on the terrain as the white parts are bigger, and there are less details overall.

• 1 year later...

Long time since I've done any work on my AM/IG army - these aren't guardsmen but matching terrain (Lt. Foche is an older model, used to demonstrate why I include them with my Guard).  The dead bodies are also painted in the scheme of IG, but with different squad markings.

I'm quite happy with it.

XY1ZD4r.jpg

00V6qhQ.jpg

ngSaEoD.jpg

I also have completed an imperial bastion I should post here, but I left it at my friend's place when I last gamed there.

• 7 months later...

This has sat on my painting table forever, but I've finally finished it.  Still a fair bit away from having a playable set, though.

Anyway, my first set of trenches.

2jLOb1t.jpg

And, because I thought it was interesting, a before pic of the crests (and inside walls) before they recieved multiple brown washes.

uFKk6R1.jpg

Edited by Dr_Ruminahui

Really well done, and awesome idea. Can’t wait to see it all together

Excellent work.

Thanks!  I too thought I should make my fortifications match my army in colour - given they are PDF, it makes sense that they do.  The dead bodies are also painted like my infantry are, though the colours on the shoulder pads are different.  The heraldry on the shields, however, is just random heraldry I've invented and represent the regiments that have previously held this defense line.

Here's something I painted a while ago, but kept forgetting to take pictures of and post.

I've "muddied up" the white (which was untouched before) to help it match my trenches... I may have to have another go at it.

193zEDQ.jpg

Edited by Dr_Ruminahui

• 2 months later...

Been painting some more terrain for my imperial guard - finished my second long trench.

qDI1TdW.jpg

Particularly happy about one of the shields, which is a modified version of my local Province, Alberta.

SWNUoD1.jpg

Here's a picture of the trenches with my bastion.

LVXCZDg.jpg

And here's a picture with the small bunker that goes with these trenches, with some of my guard manning the line.

wtrrB0t.jpg

Edited by Dr_Ruminahui

• 2 months later...

Now finished the entire set of killteam trenches. 

r3xKZTL.jpg

The gun pits in the front are new, the trench in the back and the various end caps were completed earlier this year.

And here is the whole terrain set.

J4omgGM.jpg

I have 2 more sets on my "shelves of shame" so will be able to work on a decent trench warfare table when I feel like painting more.