What have your Raven Guard done lately?

mertbl

The Raptors 10th Co is prepping for Warp Transit along with the 3rd Primaris Company of Mortifactors to support the Adepta Sororitas of the Order of the Valorous Heart, the 7th Brotherhood of Grey Knights, Members of the Ordo Hereticus and Ordo Malleus and  Agents of the Offcio Assassinorum. 

The Raptors 10th Co is prepping for Warp Transit along with the 3rd Primaris Company of Mortifactors to support the Adepta Sororitas of the Order of the Valorous Heart, the 7th Brotherhood of Grey Knights, Members of the Ordo Hereticus and Ordo Malleus and  Agents of the Offcio Assassinorum. 

You are still using Scouts or is the 10th Co now mostly Phobos units?

You are still using Scouts or is the 10th Co now mostly Phobos units?

Since I have 5 squads of scouts Ill run them as a vangaurd detachment of scouts. I do have 3 phobos troop units plus a few reiver units I can add as needed. 

Won't you be capped at 3 Scout squads with the Rule of Three? I don't want to derail your plan, personally I love Scouts, but this could have an impact. I wonder if there could be a place in a list like that for mass Landspeeder Storm? With the update to Heavy Bolter, they are looking better than they have for a long time!

My Raptors have had a few more games In my local campaign. Two consecutive battles against one of the Necron players. I lost the first battle but squeaked a win on the second. I play my Raptors fairly fluffy with allot of Infiltrators and snipey Captain, but I struggle so hard killing his warrior squads at low points games.

I've found Necrons very strong lately with the new codex, particularly with the 6" pre-game move and army-wide ObSec. If it's not implacable Warrior squads its Skorpekhs or Wraiths getting turn 1 charges or just mincing your infantry.

I've found Necrons very strong lately with the new codex, particularly with the 6" pre-game move and army-wide ObSec. If it's not implacable Warrior squads its Skorpekhs or Wraiths getting turn 1 charges or just mincing your infantry.

Oh Im definatly having trouble with turn one charging Skorpth aswell haha.

Necron Advice: Avoid the Warriors and Silent King. Kill everything else, focusing on the multi-wound models. I’ve been using Inceptors and Aggressors out of the Shadows to kite the Warriors and kill the smaller units. Primaries are going to be close but with right make up you should be able to get a 5-10 point edge. Secondaries now where you will win lose the game against these guys imo. For good or ill Deploy Scramblers and Engage on All Fronts are must take. That leaves choosing your third to mission or opponent specific. I don’t think averaging 75 points a game is unattainable goal for us.

I’m curious to see how this changers for me as I’m phasing out Aggressors to see how Eradicators to in their stead. Hopefully I’m getting better at using Assault Intercessors and Bladeguard to make up for the volume of fire I rely on from my Aggressors.

I signed the Warhawks up for the Argovon Campaign running in Indianapolis. I took my old Gravis Captain conversion today and re-converted it so he could count as the Gravis Captain with master-crafted heavy bolt-rifle and master-crafted power sword. He's not optimal but flexible and fun. He'll have Master of Ambush maybe a second Warlord Trait (?) and a Relic. Looking at Burning Blade (with Sword of the Imperium) of the Adamantine Cuirass. 

I'll try to keep you guys updated in my Battle Reports thread.  

I signed the Warhawks up for the Argovon Campaign running in Indianapolis. I took my old Gravis Captain conversion today and re-converted it so he could count as the Gravis Captain with master-crafted heavy bolt-rifle and master-crafted power sword. He's not optimal but flexible and fun. He'll have Master of Ambush maybe a second Warlord Trait (?) and a Relic. Looking at Burning Blade (with Sword of the Imperium) of the Adamantine Cuirass. 

I'll try to keep you guys updated in my Battle Reports thread.  

Good luck, do keep us posted.

I got a feeling your two Eradicator units might come in handy if you have to face the new Deathguards with Morty. I'm scratching my head as to how I want to tackle this new threat since one of my usual opponent plays Deathguard and it looks a little grim as of now...

It's been a minute since I've touched my marines. I've got a 1k game this Friday against the my buddy who stomped me last time. Hoping I can make better choices this game and be more effective. I don't have the new book yet so I'll be winging some things, I tried to find a local copy to pick up but it's OOS as far as the eye can see. I have not finished any of the Indomitus models but may be able to get some Eradicators Table Top ready before Friday. If I do that I might swap out the Eliminators for them.

List:

Hidden Content

++ Battalion Detachment 0CP (Imperium - Adeptus Astartes - Raven Guard) [54 PL, 5CP, 999pts] ++

**Chapter Selection**: Raven Guard

Battle Size [6CP]: 2. Incursion (51-100 Total PL / 501-1000 Points)

Relics of the Chapter [-1CP]:

+ HQ +

Librarian in Phobos Armour: 2. Lord of Deceit, 3) Mind Raid, 5) Tenebrous Curse, Korvidari Bolts, Warlord

Lieutenants
. Primaris Lieutenant: Bolt pistol, Ex Tenebris

+ Troops +

Infiltrator Squad: Helix gauntlet
. 7x Infiltrator: 7x Bolt pistol, 7x Frag & Krak grenades, 7x Marksman bolt carbine
. Infiltrator Sergeant

Intercessor Squad: Astartes Grenade Launcher, Auto Bolt Rifle
. 4x Intercessor: 4x Bolt pistol, 4x Frag & Krak grenades
. Intercessor Sergeant

Tactical Squad
. 7x Space Marine: 7x Bolt pistol, 7x Boltgun, 7x Frag & Krak grenades
. Space Marine Sergeant: Bolt pistol, Boltgun
. Space Marine w/Heavy Weapon: Lascannon

+ Elites +

Apothecary

Redemptor Dreadnought : 2x Fragstorm Grenade Launchers, Heavy flamer, Heavy Onslaught Gatling Cannon

+ Heavy Support +

Eliminator Squad : Bolt sniper rifle
. Eliminator Sergeant: Bolt sniper rifle
. 2x Eliminators: 2x Bolt pistol, 2x Camo cloak, 2x Frag & Krak grenades

++ Total: [54 PL, 5CP, 999pts] ++

Plans:

The idea is to have more bodies than I did last time. I love my phobos libby and Lord of Deceit lets me shift that model, the infiltrators, and the eliminators if I want too before the game starts. Basically MoA on steroids for Phobos units. Gave him Korvidari bolts so he his pistol can shoot out to his physic range. LT gets Ex Tenebris because it's awesome.

Not sure if it's better to run the Infiltrators with the Helix (when did it change to a gauntlet) or comms or nothing but I'll go helix because staying on the board seems important. I'm really interested to see how the tactical marines do with 2W now. Stuck a Las Cannon in there because I'm light on AT.

Apothecary is going because I painted it and I want to use it. I'll probably keep it close to the tactical marines.

Redemptor will be my main AT, it's not much but it's what I have and it's a big stompy robot so rule of cool.

Eliminators hopefully do something and snipe some characters.

It's not the best list, but it is what I have and I'm excited to play, which is something I've not been for a couple months.

I have a unit of VV that I could get done up. I just need to start painting some marines again. I think I've been away from them long enough that I'm excited to play. I'm off Friday and having an HVAC installed so I'll be stuck at home. I may see if I can crank out the Eradicators that day to swap them out, their bases are done and the airbrushing is already done on them so it's highlights, blues, and details (which is still a lot). If he's running AdMech again the tank walker thing will probably be in that list and these boys can pop that can right open.

Last night at 1900 standard time the Spectral Sicarii engaged with elements of a Drukhari raiding force in an abandoned city. The battle was fierce and short. While several marines fell during the engagement triple their number were slain. The enemy force was purged from the battle field and the Sicarii continued their advance through the city.

Quick Write Up

Hidden Content

No pictures (oops) but last night was a much better game than my last outing. I was expecting to play AdMech but my friend surprised me with Dark Eldar sitting across the table. Seeing that I promptly put my Eradicators up and went back to my original list with the Apothecary and Eliminators. I love the Apothecary - I don't know if it's an auto take but I think I will be trying really hard to make sure it gets in my list.

I don't really know what units he had in his list because that was the first time I've played against Dark Eldar and it was his first time fielding them. He had some wyches, succubus/incubi?, squad of reivers, some venoms, and some other shooting foot soldiers. I deployed much better this game and had most of my stuff behind obscuring terrain or in cover. I combat squaded my tacticals and had the Apothecary supporting one squad on an objective. My libby was center of my deployment so he could go where needed and my LT was on the right flank to provide rerolls there.

He went first, which was to my benefit. T1 he moved everything up and got on objectives but failed a critical 8" charge with his wyches, even with a built in reroll. His Reivers charged my Infiltrators and there was a bit of shooting. He had a CC squad that didn't advance far enough but had to move so it was left exposed. My infiltrators didn't take damage in CC but they did kill two of the three reivers.

My T1 I used the strat to let my Infiltrators fall back and shoot/charge so they could put fire into the Wyches to thin them down. My redemptor finished them off and my Eliminators took out a character that was running with the wyches. My Infiltrators then charged the Reivers to finish them off while some marines killed the Incubi unit that was rolling with Drazhar.

T2 He pushed forward and knocked me off my objectives. Drazhar chewed through my Intercessor squad and he had a squad of Furries deep strike and delete my redemptor. My turn I removed all but one Furry because he didn't keep them tucked behind cover. My Infiltrators charged the remaining one to kill it and claim the objective. Drahzar made a critical save to be alive with a single wound but then I blew up his Venom and it exploded. It killed my marines but also killed Drazhar.

T3 he pushed in but didn't do a lot of shooting damage and he had to CC units left. I made a couple of clutch 6up saves on my Phobos Librarian and Eliminators so I had too much for him to deal with. I would have chewed through whatever he threw at me and probably would have tabled him by T4. We called it after his turn since the writing was on the wall.

I'm not sure what the final score was but I did manage to score several secondaries. I didn't score any primaries T2 but would have on T3 and T4 I would have had them all.

My Apothecary was probably the MVP. He kept a squad of 5 marines alive through a lot of shooting. Being able to restore wounds is great, every turn I had a marine on 1W that he bumped back to two and I could see how an Apothecary supporting a character could be really powerful. The 6 up FNP also saved a couple wounds. Eliminators going to BS 2 is amazing and I did not realize that change happened. Oldmarines being 2W feels really good as well. They may not have as many strats that they can use but they have the staying power that they lacked before and I don't feel bad putting them on the table.

Mostly I'm happy that I didn't lose the game in deployment which is what I've always struggled with.

Played a 2000pt naritive game vs my friends Necrons. I played with some of my leas used units in my Raptors auch as my Repulsor Executioner and Fire Raptor. Highlight of the battle was taking down his Void Dragon with an upercut from my Ironclad turn 2. Game ended in a draw as we didnt have time to finish and it was neck and neck.

Played a 2000pt naritive game vs my friends Necrons. I played with some of my leas used units in my Raptors auch as my Repulsor Executioner and Fire Raptor. Highlight of the battle was taking down his Void Dragon with an upercut from my Ironclad turn 2. Game ended in a draw as we didnt have time to finish and it was neck and neck.

Nice! Can you elaborate a little more on what units you used and how they performed? Any other happy surprises?

Nice! Can you elaborate a little more on what units you used and how they performed? Any other happy surprises?

My list was

-Chaptermaster in gravis with heavy boltrife

-Lieutenant with junpack and lightnigclaw

- 2x 5man Vangaurd vet squads with jump packs and a wide arrange of weapons.

-Ironclad

-5 man Incursor squad

-5 man Intercessor squad with stalkers

-10 man intercessor squad with assault bolters.

-3 man Suppressor squad.

-3 man Eliminator squad

-Repulsor Executioner

-Fire Raptor

I have allot of SM models and it was the first time using any of these in 9th besides the Intercessors.

I master of Ambush my gravis chaptermaster and 20 man intercessor squad to the middle right objective and infiltrate the Incursors to the middle left. He gets a pre game 6in move forward and pops light cover for his entire army. My first turn of shooting is terrible but I first turn charge his void dragon with a vangaurd vet squad to chip some wounds off. Terible idea, he takes 6 damage turn 1 but slaughters that squad of vangaurds. Other vangaurds completey crush his overlord and scorpeth lord but they both came back to life with a strat. The Repulsor and Fire raptor where great fire support but nothing real special. Eliminators did nothing turn 1 but rekilled the Sorpeth lord and the last scorpeth destroyers.

My Iron clad was MVP for soaking a huge amount of shots. Same with my gravis Captain master but not as impressive.

The Vangaurd vets can multch but I think I waisted both squads to early.

Supressors can be fun but they where ignored all match so they could cut loose.

Overall Its just so hard killing 20man warrior blobs. Tryed ignoring them more this time to get rid of the real threats but its hard.

Completed this for the 12 months Hobby Challenge (January). http://www.bolterandchainsword.com/topic/368355-12-months-of-hobby-challenge-2021/

The first Vanguard Veteran for my Raven Guard army (Assault Intercessor + vanguard veteran bits + little green stuff). Next up will be the Company Veteran I previewed here earlier ;)

gallery_197938_16113_245460.jpg

Compilation here:

gallery_197938_16113_30146.jpg

Kicked off a new Crusade campaign last night by running over 500pts of Grey Knights. Vanguard Veterans are so strong with the Swift & Deadly warlord trait, being able to move 13-18" and charge is so powerful on a 44x30" board. I didn't even need Canticle of Hate or my Hungry for Battle chapter tactic.

That squad (2x2LC, 2xTH+SS, Sgt. w/ Relic Blade) killed 10 GK, 3 Terminators and a GK Librarian all by themselves without my Chaplain ever getting to swing. I've been playing RG successors for so long without even trying VVs and now I see the light, believe me.

Kicked off a new Crusade campaign last night by running over 500pts of Grey Knights. Vanguard Veterans are so strong with the Swift & Deadly warlord trait, being able to move 13-18" and charge is so powerful on a 44x30" board. I didn't even need Canticle of Hate or my Hungry for Battle chapter tactic.

That squad (2x2LC, 2xTH+SS, Sgt. w/ Relic Blade) killed 10 GK, 3 Terminators and a GK Librarian all by themselves without my Chaplain ever getting to swing. I've been playing RG successors for so long without even trying VVs and now I see the light, believe me.

Oh yeah I used swift and deadly in my last match using VVs. Forgot how great it was at flying around the board.

Glad to hear you had a great game!

I have been using the "Strike from the skies" -stratagem (1cp) to let my VVs charge after advancing. Have you accompanied them with a JP/Bike Chaplain with the swift and deadly? That could be a good combo I think. :)